Star Wars: Episode IX - THE RISE OF SKYWALKER

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Even the title -- Attack of the Clones -- is just "what was Lucas thinking" fodder. 'Attack' in the context of the clones in that movie doesn't really work. And the word "clones" really doesn't belong in a title. It's too broad. Lucas really couldn't think of a worthy title for this mess. Even The Phantom Menace made sense within context.

AOTC was the one and only Star Wars movie I missed opening night because I was out of the country that year. Didn't get back until the movie had been out for 5+ weeks. Saw it with a friend who said "I think I need to see it again"... and then regretted that choice afterwards.

AOTC was always the worst made film
In every way....

But your TLJ crybabies will say otherwise.

No reasonable person could defend that pile of PooDoo...at least the production value, acting and CGI would make TLJ rate higher.

Sent from the inside of a giant slug in outer space.....

We live in a world where a new Star Wars movie can be expected to be as crappy as a movie based off of a 30 year old video game.

Strange times indeed.

:lol :lol :lol

I didn't like TLJ... but I wasn't embarrassed by it.

Think about inviting some of your woman's friends over for dinner and a movie -- movie is AOTC. Could you make it through without making excuses? Or would you rather put in TLJ?

That's a toss up. Id still rather watch AOTC. "Embarrassing" is seeing Luke milk the alien creature or him being killed for using the force too hard. :lol

Yeah, but let's take TLJ's most "embarrassing" moment -- Leia flying thru space. That moment, that very cringy moment... well, that's like every two seconds in AOTC.

AOTC as a whole is on par with Finn + Rose's adventure where-ever-they-were.

You got to be impressed with TLJ... it took Lucas 5 Star Wars movies to make a real stinker. Rian Johnson did it in his first try!

TLJ, I think I can manage to sit through once in a great while. AotC I can’t sit through, even once in a great while.

ajp, are you about? Seen AEG yet? It might only be you and I standing between it and #1. "Two men and a lightsaber."

I saw Avatar on day one, still haven't seen AEG.

You know, AOTC was on yesterday and I watched (part of) it... and I have to say, it is truly an embarrassing movie.

I don't think any other Star Wars movie is actually embarrassing... but Attack of the Clones is. It's just so poorly written, poorly directed, super poorly acted... the romance dialogue is beyond. Padme is an embarrassment, Anakin is an embarrassment, the silly Jedi arena battle at the end hasn't aged well. The bugs flying around. Not consistent with the Death Star plans -- I mean, the bugs already had the Death Star weapon in place, glowing brighter than any other part. So what did Galen do again? I prefer RO so much more, that I blame this film for getting it wrong 14 years earlier. :D

I didn't remember AOTC being quite so bad. It's like on it own level, apart from the usual Star Wars.

To rank this movie anywhere other than the bottom of the scale is to have seen this movie between ages 1-12... there is absolutely no other excuse.

AOTC was always the worst made film
In every way....

But your TLJ crybabies will say otherwise.

No reasonable person could defend that pile of PooDoo...at least the production value, acting and CGI would make TLJ rate higher.

Sent from the inside of a giant slug in outer space.....

As I pointed out last year, adjusted for inflation... AOTC made over a BILLION DOLLARS globally.

And given it's from 2002, that is REALLY saying something, given that most films today have China and the other BRIC mega-nations (Russia, Brazil and India) making up a third or more of their overseas portion, NONE of which existed as major BO markets in 2002 (China will contribute $600m to AEG's global gross.)

Had those markets been on line in 2002, AOTC might have made another $300m (which is a low estimate based on the fact China doesn't like SW.)

I'd much rather watch AOTC over TLJ any day of the week. TLJ to me is the worst movie in the whole Star Wars saga.

I think they're both garbage and I'll likely go the rest of my life and never sit through either again.

But if you forced me at gunpoint to watch one straight through, I'd have to go with AOTC over TLJ.

As I pointed out last year, adjusted for inflation... AOTC made over a BILLION DOLLARS globally.

And given it's from 2002, that is REALLY saying something, given that most films today have China and the other BRIC mega-nations (Russia, Brazil and India) making up a third or more of their overseas portion, NONE of which existed as major BO markets in 2002 (China will contribute $600m to AEG's global gross.)

Had those markets been on line in 2002, AOTC might have made another $300m (which is a low estimate based on the fact China doesn't like SW.)

Certain life forms in here are apparently lack of "proper intelligence", they obviously dont even understand what statistic/inflation means :D. Their miserable fates were cursed by being Sequel apologist, they couldnt see things straight anymore :).

Certain life forms in here are apparently lack of "proper intelligence", they obviously dont even understand what statistic/inflation means :D. Their miserable fates were cursed by being Sequel apologist, they couldnt see things straight anymore :).

What do you mean?:dunno

ajp, are you about? Seen AEG yet? It might only be you and I standing between it and #1. "Two men and a lightsaber."

I saw Avatar on day one, still haven't seen AEG.

:lol AEG should have no problem getting to #1 without me. I'm perfectly content waiting until it gets onto one of the streaming platforms. The MCU formula just isn't for me the way it seems to be for everyone else on the planet. Thor 3 was my nail in the coffin.

The only cb movie that I'm really looking forward to in a theater this year is the Joaquin Phoenix Joker. My anticipation level for that one is off the charts. I'm probably setting myself up for disappointment, but that first trailer has me thinking that Joker will be much more of what I prefer a cb adaptation to be.

:lol AEG should have no problem getting to #1 without me. I'm perfectly content waiting until it gets onto one of the streaming platforms. The MCU formula just isn't for me the way it seems to be for everyone else on the planet. Thor 3 was my nail in the coffin.

The only cb movie that I'm really looking forward to in a theater this year is the Joaquin Phoenix Joker. My anticipation level for that one is off the charts. I'm probably setting myself up for disappointment, but that first trailer has me thinking that Joker will be much more of what I prefer a cb adaptation to be.

Well there's "the MCU formula" and there's the Russos. ;) But that said since all your eggs are in the SW basket I certainly hope that TROS delivers for you the way AEG has for most of us my friend. :duff

(Of course I want TROS to be a homerun too, no question about that)

Well there's "the MCU formula" and there's the Russos. ;) But that said since all your eggs are in the SW basket I certainly hope that TROS delivers for you the way AEG has for most of us my friend. :duff

(Of course I want TROS to be a homerun too, no question about that)

Thanks, Khev. :duff

You know what, though? At this point, I'm okay with TROS falling short of being a home run. I never thought I'd get more SW movies after ROTS, and I certainly didn't think that I'd get films that I could actually enjoy after the 3 straight major disappointments with the PT. So, I ended up getting more from the ST than I had any right to expect. And the fact that I can consider one of those films as one of my top 3 SW movies is way more than I needed!

No matter what happens with TROS, I can virtually assure you that it won't leave me with a bitter taste in my mouth the way the PT did. There are moments in the ST that I will always get geeked up for when I'm watching it, and TROS would have to really go completely off the rails to ruin that for me. It's possible, but not likely.

I'm rooting more for TROS to be a home run for fans who haven't had the positive ST experience that I've had.

I'm rooting more for TROS to be a home run for fans who haven't had the positive ST experience that I've had.

I've heard of massage parlors where the girls walk on your balls in stiletto heels. I'd never let someone do that to me. But apparently there are people out there that think it's a positive experience, or else they wouldn't do it.

Just hard to believe two people can look at the same thing, and one person sees something as brutally agonizing, torture even....and the other thinks it was a good movie.

I've heard of massage parlors where the girls walk on your balls in stiletto heels. I'd never let someone do that to me. But apparently there are people out there that think it's a positive experience, or else they wouldn't do it.

Just hard to believe two people can look at the same thing, and one person sees something as brutally agonizing, torture even....and the other thinks it was a good movie.

That's art for ya. Even if we don't generally consider blockbuster films to be "art," they technically are; so interpretations of this art will vary dramatically. I feel the exact same way as you do, but from the other side. At least I can agree with you that heels squashing my nutsack is not something that I'd enjoy. There's always some common ground. :lol

For those not following the Avatar thread Disney just announced that the next three SW films will be Christmas 2022, 2024, and 2026. So three years of Mandalorian goodness after TROS. :yess:

For those not following the Avatar thread Disney just announced that the next three SW films will be Christmas 2022, 2024, and 2026. So three years of Mandalorian goodness after TROS. :yess:
Probably the Benioff/Weiss trilogy.

Wonder if there will be stand alone films?
9da2c81a8e1850cb6133373cd78afd20.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Back