Star Wars: Episode IX - THE RISE OF SKYWALKER

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The only reason it might not be as highly regarded as the PT is because there is more SW to choose from. Back when the PT came out there was the PT and that’s it… no SW TV shows and other non sky walker SW movies. If the ST was all we would get for the next 15 years people would probably warm up to it quicker. Now they don’t have to. Lots of other SW content out there.

plus all the other franchises. Back in the PT days there was SW and LOTR and that was about it.
Yep imagine if between TPM and AOTC we got RO. People wouldn't have even bothered to try and force themselves to like the PT with such an alternative, lol.

Last edited:
Doesn’t your hate for the ST just prove that your an angry fan boy who didn’t get what he wanted ;)
Stop. I was full into the ST. I don’t hate them cause I didn’t get what I wanted I don’t even hate them. I don’t like them cause they are soulless movies with terrible characters and writing . I loved the first tfa trailer but everything went downhill after I saw the first film .

Yep imagine if between TPM and AOTC we got RO. People wouldn't have even bothered to try and force themselves to like the PT, lol.
Lol ergo forces themselves to like the PT? So people are buying merch from things they are forced to hate and supporting it if they hate it? What? Lol

Stop. I was full into the ST. I don’t hate them cause I didn’t get what I wanted I don’t even hate them. I don’t like them cause they are soulless movies with terrible characters and writing . I loved the first tfa trailer but everything went downhill after I saw the first film .
Same. There were things I didn't like about TFA but I was willing to give it all a chance.

Lol ergo forces themselves to like the PT? So people are buying merch from things they are forced to hate and supporting it if they hate it? What? Lol
Yep this was George to fans from 1999-2005, lol:

tumblr_nnle9fsYQq1tp719lo1_250.gif

Which led to a generation of kids growing up to love and defend broccoli and spending hundreds on broccoli figures, lol.

What racist attacks? People keep claiming this without evidence.

I did say "thinly veiled". It wasn't overt but it's almost inevitable that was the motivation for at least some.

My reasons for loving the ST are as follows:

1. Han, Luke, Leia, Chewie that looks like Chewie and puppet Yoda
2. OT-esque aesthetic thanks to using real film stock and so many locations, full size practical sets, and animatronic/practical creatures. (I give TPM props for this as well.)
3. The experience of watching Star Wars again not knowing how things will be resolved. This includes surprises like Rey being the main hero after the trailers suggested Finn and many of the TLJ twists that others hate like offing Snoke early or Rey and Kylo teaming up to fight the Praetorian Guards.
4. It followed through on promises of the OT and PT that George never resolved (cheating death, "unlimited power," luminous beings, twins facing Palpatine together, etc.)
5. Daisy and Adam being very fun to watch on screen
6. Super solid acting and well written dialogue (minus the occasional oddities like saving what we love and lighting the spark that lights the match and so forth. Ford and Hamill giving their best performances of the entire Saga.
7. Awesome moments in the lightsaber duels (Rey catching the saber on Starkiller Base and Snoke's throneroom, Kylo just working her over on the DSII until his mom distracted him.)
8. Elements being lifted from the Dark Empire comics like Projection Luke and clone Emperor
9. All the fun of the pre-hype (similar to PT pre-hype but even greater for me due to the continuing adventures of Han, Luke, and Leia)
10. And possibly the biggest of all getting to experience OT characters passing the torch to the next generation with my own children.

There are significant strikes against these films of course but none of them are dealbreakers or in any way take away from all that I listed above.

Can't argue with that!

Yep this was George to fans from 1999-2005, lol:

tumblr_nnle9fsYQq1tp719lo1_250.gif

Which led to a generation of kids growing up to love and defend broccoli and spending hundreds on broccoli figures, lol.
Lol then how do you explain people not buying st when they did the exact same thing?

Regarding Rey's parentage, the Story Group seems to be going with "daughter of a strandcast" which would not seem to be JJ's intent. But since JJ didn't make up his mind till the last minute be probably doesn't care.

Personally I think Rey being a by-product of Palps' cloning makes her more of a Skywalker.

I did say "thinly veiled". It wasn't overt but it's almost inevitable that was the motivation for at least some.

In 2021 it's dangerous to throw that word around willy nilly like that. You better be able to substantiate that. The people hijacking franchises know that people are rightly terrified of being labeled the dreaded "R" and they wrongfully/willfully use the word as a weapon so they can continue to push their agenda unchallenged.

In 2021 it's dangerous to throw that word around willy nilly like that. You better be able to substantiate that. The people hijacking franchises know that people are rightly terrified of being labeled the dreaded "R" and they wrongfully/willfully use the word as a weapon so they can continue to push their agenda unchallenged.

Trust me, I fully agree and I don't use it lightly. In this case, however, I believe it's justified.

Not saying anyone on here falls into that category. I was referring to personal attacks directed at the actor. Criticise the character of Rose all you like!

Go easy on Prime Clone his entire country is still hunting him for sneezing in an elevator, lol.

Stop. I was full into the ST. I don’t hate them cause I didn’t get what I wanted I don’t even hate them. I don’t like them cause they are soulless movies with terrible characters and writing . I loved the first tfa trailer but everything went downhill after I saw the first film
Nah, you stop. ;)

I hate the argument that people hate the PT because fans didn’t get what they wanted.

They are not well made films. They are poorly acted and scripted. That’s why there was a lot of hate. Not meeting expectations was just the icing on the cake. Hell you yourself have said you only like ROTS

Give the fans what they wanted and people may have been happier but it still would not have changed the amount of cringe those films have to offer.

the ST stories may have no soul but the actors in the PT are far more soulless in their acting ;)

I don’t even hate the PT. Well I hate AOTC and think ROTS is extremely overrated by some.

The ST has lots of issues. The main being TLJ which is IMO the most PT like of the three. But as a series I don’t think they are much better and certainly not worse then the PT

Anyways my original point was just to use your argument against you… there are pages upon pages , videos and even a movie on the many different reasons people hate the PT… Many more then just not getting what we wanted.

Lol then how do you explain people not buying st when they did the exact same thing?
I still say that Disney was nowhere near the level of pushing toys like Lucas did with all of his SW films. No midnight openings at Toys R Us for TFA.

like I have pointed out before… Lucas had his characters change outfits 3 or more times a movie… the lack of imagination for the PT had them looking the same in each film… Well at least 3P0 had a red arm in one..

But if they were making the ST to sell toys some they needed to take a page out of Lucas’ boom.. Way more different star shops, way more different aliens, way more different outfits.. it’s what I always said GL had more imagination for sure.

I don’t hate the PT and I don’t own a single toy from that series… I imagine those that hated it don’t either. The kids that grew up with it love it now and buy the toys… Good for them it’s great to be able to gets things you love from you childhood.

Go easy on Prime Clone his entire country is still hunting him for sneezing in an elevator, lol.

I hear the smuggling industry there is booming right now. Not drugs mind you but Kentucky Fried Chicken. The police busted some dudes with a whole trunkload awhile back🤣

Bad boys bad boys whacha gonna do...

I still say that Disney was nowhere near the level of pushing toys like Lucas did with all of his SW films. No midnight openings at Toys R Us for TFA.

like I have pointed out before… Lucas had his characters change outfits 3 or more times a movie… the lack of imagination for the PT had them looking the same in each film… Well at least 3P0 had a red arm in one..

But if they were making the ST to sell toys some they needed to take a page out of Lucas’ boom.. Way more different star shops, way more different aliens, way more different outfits.. it’s what I always said GL had more imagination for sure.
Nah stop again. Star Wars was pushed heavily by Disney . It was everywhere also toy r us had midnight openings. What are u talking about? I remember reading about a force awakens midnight opening in my area. And toys r us was all but dead by this time.
What you mean lack of imagination had them change each film?

Last edited:
I don’t hate the PT and I don’t own a single toy from that series… I imagine those that hated it don’t either. The kids that grew up with it love it now and buy the toys… Good for them it’s great to be able to gets things you love from you childhood.
Yes that’s my point. Why would something your forced to like make you want to buy merchandise. His point was stupid

Nah, you stop. ;)

I hate the argument that people hate the PT because fans didn’t get what they wanted.

They are not well made films. They are poorly acted and scripted. That’s why there was a lot of hate. Not meeting expectations was just the icing on the cake. Hell you yourself have said you only like ROTS

Give the fans what they wanted and people may have been happier but it still would not have changed the amount of cringe those films have to offer.

the ST stories may have no soul but the actors in the PT are far more soulless in their acting ;)

I don’t even hate the PT. Well I hate AOTC and think ROTS is extremely overrated by some.

The ST has lots of issues. The main being TLJ which is IMO the most PT like of the three. But as a series I don’t think they are much better and certainly not worse then the PT

Anyways my original point was just to use your argument against you… there are pages upon pages , videos and even a movie on the many different reasons people hate the PT… Many more then just not getting what we wanted.
Nah stop jaws. You know full well those fans wanted something and they didn’t get it. It was new. And they hated it. They cried and whined that it wasn’t like the original that’s why Disney made this soulless cash crap to stroke the nostalgia of you people and make you consume the product.

yea you are right. The PT had soulless acting but the story is where it’s at. People remember the PT and people love the PT.
You know why? Cause of the st and how bad it was. That’s a part of it. The st elevated the OT cause it sucked. Rots was the only good pt movie til the ST came .

I was all for this as I said. So this has nothing to do with not giving me what I want. I just no a crap story when I see it. This has nothing to do with growing up with anything. There is a lot of stuff I grew up with that I think suck ass. So your whole point is invalid. But yes I grew up with the PT but that isn’t my reason for liking rots. I like Star Wars. Sue me that I I can tell from a mile away that this is garbage with horrible designs, music and development. I’m sorry but hey.

ps your avatar looks like Jim Carey from sonic the movie

I hear the smuggling industry there is booming right now. Not drugs mind you but Kentucky Fried Chicken. The police busted some dudes with a whole trunkload awhile back🤣

Bad boys bad boys whacha gonna do...

Had to google that one. Turns out it was NZ, which admittedly is indistinguishable from Australia!

(Oh, and maybe my avatar gave the wrong impression)

The only reason it might not be as highly regarded as the PT is because there is more SW to choose from. Back when the PT came out there was the PT and that’s it… no SW TV shows and other non sky walker SW movies. If the ST was all we would get for the next 15 years people would probably warm up to it quicker. Now they don’t have to. Lots of other SW content out there.
You're forgetting that there was a very healthy and diverse EU to choose from at the time of the PT. But people chose the PT because it was a story well told, well acted and beautifully shot.

Look at Galaxy's Edge. It's the only Star Wars theme park to choose from and it's a flop. Using your argument people should be lapping this up because there is nothing else to choose from. But they are not. That's because the ST was soulless, poorly written, poorly choreographed and poorly acted.

Back