Star Wars: Episode IX - THE RISE OF SKYWALKER

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does the line that?s your uncle talking ring a bell lol

You are right he couldn?t wait to leave the moisture farm and Tatooine AFTER finding his aunt and uncle burnt down to their bones!

He wanted to leave before they were crispy. Beru and Owen had a whole conversation about it.

He wanted to leave before they were crispy. Beru and Owen had a whole conversation about it.

Want and actually doing it are 2 entirely different things.

Hence that’s your uncle talking.

Luke made up his mind to stay even AFTER Obi-Wan layed down the sweet sounding adventure to Luke aka the big lie lol

The deleted scene even has the locals making fun of Luke who is a dreamer while Biggs was a doer.

All Luke needed was some encouragement from his friendly neighborhood Stormtroopers.

7a049a1e6f1dffedb6e014c7ddfb6cec.gif

Luke was a hero who always took action.

As jye proved this was not always the case since Luke was indeed a dreamer not a doer before his aunt and uncle were executed. Beyond that though you're largely right, he was indeed willing to go that extra mile that few others were willing to do in order to get the job done. Forsaking his "hero" status in order to permanently end the Jedi's legacy of failure was one such example.

"Attacking that station ain't my idea of courage, more like suicide." So going to Ahch-To wasn't the first time Luke did something that didn't initially appear courageous compared to idiotic or suicidal but like attacking the Death Star it got the job done. The only question anyone has to ask and which few ST haters will answer truthfully is "did the Resistance defeat the First Order because of Luke's actions or in spite of them?" And the answer to that is undeniably because of them.

Leia was dead if he didn't appear on Crait, Rey would have committed suicide if he didn't raise the X-Wing and send her to Exegol. She also would have been fried if he hadn't given her Leia's lightsaber. Luke trained Leia, Leia trained Rey. And him standing up to the First Order on Crait not only allowed the Resistance to survive but also inspired hope in the galaxy (kids playing with the Luke figure on Canto Bight) which is the implied reason that everyone answered Lando's call after being too afraid to answer Leia's. Luke's actions before and during the ST were absolutely instrumental in the freedom fighters achieving complete and sustainable victory.

As for him being a nephew murderer well that never happened now did it. So if the whole crux of TLJ Luke hate is that he had a bad *thought* for half a millisecond then I find that to be a pretty silly take on what the character is and isn't allowed to do.

Last edited:
As jye proved this was not always the case since Luke was indeed a dreamer not a doer before his aunt and uncle were executed. Beyond that though you're largely right, he was indeed willing to go that extra mile that few others were willing to do in order to get the job done. Forsaking his "hero" status in order to permanently end the Jedi's legacy of failure was one such example.

"Attacking that station ain't my idea of courage, more like suicide." So going to Ahch-To wasn't the first time Luke did something that didn't initially appear courageous compared to idiotic or suicidal but like attacking the Death Star it got the job done. The only question anyone has to ask and which few ST haters will answer truthfully is "did the Resistance defeat the First Order because of Luke's actions or in spite of them?" And the answer to that is undeniably because of them.

Leia was dead if he didn't appear on Crait, Rey would have committed suicide if he didn't raise the X-Wing and send her to Exegol. She also would have been fried if he hadn't given her Leia's lightsaber. Luke trained Leia, Leia trained Rey. And him standing up to the First Order on Crait not only allowed the Resistance to survive but also inspired hope in the galaxy (kids playing with the Luke figure on Canto Bight) which is the implied reason that everyone answered Lando's call after being too afraid to answer Leia's. Luke's actions before and during the ST were absolutely instrumental in the freedom fighters achieving complete and sustainable victory.

As for him being a nephew murderer well that never happened now did it. So if the whole crux of TLJ Luke hate is that he had a bad *thought* for half a millisecond then I find that to be a pretty silly take on what the character is and isn't allowed to do.

Absolutely savage I better call 911 lol

Damn dude you even just ruined the boyscout Mando Luke persona ST haters are celebrating as real Luke because while his actions seemed heroic he was really just kidnapping grogu on his new found mission to end the failure of the jedi lol

They only see superficial heroics with Luke swinging his lightsaber.

The real courage and heroics is what motivates Luke inside to make those hard decisions.

It’s all good I now view Mando Luke as a win win for everybody!

Sigh.... again it?s not the same.

You had the entire empire killing jedi everywhere and making them outlaws. Vs a defeatist guy who beat the empire already and wanted to hide cause he quit. Not the same

Your post is the disease and Khev’s post is the cure lol

ST haters? You mean 99% of the fandom?

This is where the law ends and Khev starts!

Last edited:
The sequence of Luke in Kylo's room pondering if he should kill him wasn't what really bothered me about Luke. My biggest gripe was that we never got the heroes back together on screen again. Most of us older fans have preconceived ideas of how things should have played out with the EU stories. I loved Dark Empire and saw some elements taken from that in Rise Of Skywalker though rushed. I think aspects from each trilogy are good and some are cringey for sure. To many head scratcher moments for me in the new trilogy with the lightsaber transporting and the fact that jedi ghosts become tangible. I know Ben sat down with Luke in Jedi but really weird. I guess when your part of the Living Force or is that undead living force you do really become more powerful than can be imagined.

Biggest problem with Luke in ST was that he was a useless character.
Personally I don?t care who he tries to kill or where he tries to hide as long as there is a narrative payoff for the character, who in fairness, is the hero of the franchise.
Instead, Luke is just part of the rest of the nonsense.
By the way, he died for nothing.
Han died for nothing.
Leia died for nothing.
Luke?s so called sacrifice served no purpose.
It really would not have mattered if Leia had died in the cave.
Nothing changed.
Luke should have just stayed on the island drinking milk and they should have placed one call to Lando.
Apparently he could have just rallied a fleet and saved them all a whole movie sooner and we could have been spared TROS.
Maybe Luke should have just projected himself to wherever Lando was instead and let him know they needed help?

Time to make it personal now Khev!

Luke is the Captain America of SW. If you think Cap is okay to do what Luke did, then I would consider the take on Cap insulting. Imagine taking Iron Man's daughter under his wing, and she was considering joining the Flag Smashers. He shows up in the middle of the night like a pedo and raises his shield up like Walker did, and stops. Even though he didn't do the act, it was insulting to say he would think those actions in the first place. Luke would talk with him with his parents present and let him go to the dark side if he desired, but would clearly state that we are enemies the next time we see each other. You can justify the writing in any movie, but it doesn't mean it is logical and true to the characters. Honestly, Superman snapping Zod's neck in Man of Steel still doesn't sit well with me.

Time to make it personal now Khev!

Luke is the Captain America of SW. If you think Cap is okay to do what Luke did, then I would consider the take on Cap insulting. Imagine taking Iron Man's daughter under his wing, and she was considering joining the Flag Smashers. He shows up in the middle of the night like a pedo and raises his shield up like Walker did, and stops. Even though he didn't do the act, it was insulting to say he would think those actions in the first place. Luke would talk with him with his parents present and let him go to the dark side if he desired, but would clearly state that we are enemies the next time we see each other. You can justify the writing in any movie, but it doesn't mean it is logical and true to the characters. Honestly, Superman snapping Zod's neck in Man of Steel still doesn't sit well with me.

I don?t hate Rian Johnson. I like Knives Out, Looper, Brick, The Brothers Bloom, but Johnson, his enablers, and fans of his characterization of Luke keep demonstrating their fundamental misunderstanding of Star Wars.
It?s been made clear that Jedi don?t even begin to train force users once they reach a certain age because it makes them more susceptible to turning to the dark side due to attachments that they have begun to develop.
Luke would approach every student as someone who has the potential to turn to the Dark Side and their training as something that he needs to do to prevent that from happening.
Like X-Men where Professor X tries to get to the mutant before Magneto does.
It?s not about building an army, it?s about making sure that a force user is trained before they go bad.
He would obviously already be aware that a powerful force user who also happens to be Vader?s grandson has the potential to turn to the dark side.
It would not have been a surprise. He would have been working to prevent this from day one.
When he got the vision, of what he already knew was a possibility, his response would have been to simply train him harder, not kill him.
It literally makes no sense, has no internal logic, and is simply lazy and bad writing.

Sigh.... again it?s not the same.

You had the entire empire killing jedi everywhere and making them outlaws. Vs a defeatist guy who beat the empire already and wanted to hide cause he quit. Not the same

I responded to a meme that oversimplified the issue for comedic effect with another meme that also oversimplified the issue for comedic effect. I think it is the same.

Kinda like how Yoda was a **** to Luke and refused to train him, which is the same as Luke being a **** to Rey and refusing to train her. It's an echo.

It's like poetry, it rhymes.

Damn. Khev and jye getting destroyed in the comments like always. It?s like beating a dying man who keeps getting back up and saying ? I?m not done yet?

You hate to see it.

Damn. Khev and jye getting destroyed in the comments like always. It?s like beating a dying man who keeps getting back up and saying ? I?m not done yet?

You hate to see it.

My favorite part is when they keep patting each other on the back while they?re embarrassing themselves and telling each other how well they?re doing.

My favorite part is when they keep patting each other on the back while they?re embarrassing themselves and telling each other how well they?re doing.
This has been going on in the ST threads for years...
128be7dc34fd5a01f66d0eecc7bb0257.gif

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

My god the perfect gif to describe this situation. One takes a giant **** on this thread and the other like a child thinks it is wonderful.

Ahh yes Luke was hiding out protecting and waiting to train who again? That?s right.... NOBODY

The idea that Yoda was "waiting to train" Luke is silly. There's no logic to it.

Yoda dies of old age less than a year after Luke arrived to be trained. So, saying he waited 20 years after exile (nearing death from old age all the while) to train Luke, yet still needed to be talked into it by a ghost because Luke was *too old* is kinda convoluted isn't it? Not exactly a strong foundation to make the case for Yoda having a higher purpose to his exile after failing to prevent Palpatine's takeover.

Kenobi even waited three years after Luke destroyed the Death Star to even mention anything about Yoda and Dagobah. In fact, he only showed up as a ghost when Luke was in danger of dying after the Wampa experience. If anything, that seems more like what forced Kenobi to come up with the Yoda idea: Desperation because Luke was too likely to get himself killed without further training.

I don?t hate Rian Johnson. I like Knives Out, Looper, Brick, The Brothers Bloom, but Johnson, his enablers, and fans of his characterization of Luke keep demonstrating their fundamental misunderstanding of Star Wars.
It?s been made clear that Jedi don?t even begin to train force users once they reach a certain age because it makes them more susceptible to turning to the dark side due to attachments that they have begun to develop.
Luke would approach every student as someone who has the potential to turn to the Dark Side and their training as something that he needs to do to prevent that from happening.
Like X-Men where Professor X tries to get to the mutant before Magneto does.
It?s not about building an army, it?s about making sure that a force user is trained before they go bad.
He would obviously already be aware that a powerful force user who also happens to be Vader?s grandson has the potential to turn to the dark side.
It would not have been a surprise. He would have been working to prevent this from day one.
When he got the vision, of what he already knew was a possibility, his response would have been to simply train him harder, not kill him.
It literally makes no sense, has no internal logic, and is simply lazy and bad writing.

Man, I'm so glad that my "fundamental misunderstanding of Star Wars" can be corrected here by someone who obviously understands it all so much better. What a relief!

If working from Day One to prevent the dark side taking hold meant that no Jedi pupil could be corrupted by the dark side, how did Dooku and Anakin both fall? It seems pretty evident to me (albeit saddled with this fundamental misunderstanding of the material) that some Jedi will fall to the dark side in spite of the wisest masters around them. The idea of "train him harder" implies that the problem was poor training in the first place. If that's the case, Yoda was a poor mentor (Dooku), and so was Kenobi (Anakin). And geez, they trained Luke. So . . . :lol

The idea that either Luke, Yoda, and/or Kenobi failed with their students who went bad is just a myopic cop-out. Rey actually said it best: "You didn't fail Kylo; Kylo failed you." Self accountability is a thing, and it's good to reinforce it rather than blame everyone else for when someone goes bad. A family of multiple siblings can be raised with the same love, attention, and values, yet one of them can grow up to be a destructive criminal. It happens.

And Luke wasn't trying to murder his nephew when Ben woke up. Luke described what he saw in Ben's mind as "beyond what I ever imagined. Snoke had already turned his heart." Past tense. So Ben was already gone in Luke's estimation. Yet the impulse to ignite the lightsaber was still only a fleeting one, and Luke was immediately feeling shame.

I don't think you have to strain too hard to imagine that Luke would've "tried harder" if Ben hadn't woken up and realized the jig was up on his demented dark side ambitions. Luke's visions of destruction proved accurate. And Ben wasn't scared because he thought his crazy uncle wanted to kill him (Luke wasn't swinging the blade), he was scared because it was obvious that he (and Snoke) had been found out.

It is dumb to compare Luke to Yoda, who is nearing death, hunted by the galaxies largest army, with no army himself, was supposed to somehow fight the Empire by himself. Meanwhile, Luke, who is still young for a Jedi, can still fight, has an army and support system, is a little ***** who runs.

It is dumb to compare Kenobi to Luke because he had a purpose in exile.

Luke in TLJ makes no sense and Hamill himself agrees.

If working from Day One to prevent the dark side taking hold meant that no Jedi pupil could be corrupted by the dark side, how did Dooku and Anakin both fall? It seems pretty evident to me (albeit saddled with this fundamental misunderstanding of the material) that some Jedi will fall to the dark side in spite of the wisest masters around them. The idea of "train him harder" implies that the problem was poor training in the first place. If that's the case, Yoda was a poor mentor (Dooku), and so was Kenobi (Anakin). And geez, they trained Luke. So . . . :lol

I don't think you have to strain too hard to imagine that Luke would've "tried harder" if Ben hadn't woken.

You?re arguing a point with me that I didn?t make.
I didn?t say that training meant that NO Jedi could fall to the dark side. I didn?t even remotely imply that.
I just said that it was something that the Jedi were aware of and worked to help their students to avoid. They are obviously not always successful because we wouldn?t have any movies if they were.

Train harder doesn?t necessarily mean bad teacher, it may simply mean bad student.
Here is where the misunderstanding comes in again.
You seem to be under the impression that George Lucas spent three movies trying to convince us that Luke Skywalker is a quitter who gives up on people, like his nephew who is being lured to the dark side, when the going gets tough.
I am under the impression that those three movies were telling us the opposite.
In fact, I do believe that the opposite was the ENTIRE point of the whole trilogy.
Mark Hamill, you know, the guy who played Luke, agrees with me.
I happen to think that the guy who plays Luke Skywalker gets the character better than you do. I may be wrong about that, but I don?t think so.

It is dumb to compare Luke to Yoda, who is nearing death, hunted by the galaxies largest army, with no army himself, was supposed to somehow fight the Empire by himself. Meanwhile, Luke, who is still young for a Jedi, can still fight, has an army and support system, is a little ***** who runs.

It is dumb to compare Kenobi to Luke because he had a purpose in exile.

Luke in TLJ makes no sense and Hamill himself agrees.

This! Yoda had a reason to be in exile and no one on his side.
Kenobi, watching over and protecting Luke. The canon comics establish that this was his whole reason for being on Tatooine.
Luke?hurt fee fees??
Even if he became convinced that the Jedi was meaningless and needed to end, Luke would have thrown away his robe and light saber, got into an X-Wing Fighter, and helped out that way.

Back