Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace - 1/6th scale Darth Maul™ Collectible Figure (25th anniversary)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
HT was probably concerned about people pressing down on the horns while trying to connect the head and injuring themselves or breaking it an complaining.

Looks like Yixie did the sculpt for Hot Toys. Explains why it looks so good this time around.

ux2g83L.png

3ANtDoE.jpeg
BWrdScM.jpeg

Looks like Yixie did the sculpt for Hot Toys. Explains why it looks so good this time around.

ux2g83L.png

I'm impressed that Hot Toys is elevating their game by getting a sculptor out of the customizing world. Guess they ain't ready to give up the crown after all!

The boots on the original aren't "split-cut" as there is that piece of plastic connected at the front, but there is limited articulation in them and they move around. I'm assuming it will be the same this time around.

If we finally get an Obi-wan from Episode 1 (which I think was the motivation for this new Darth Maul) I hope it has a diorama base for all 3 of them to stand on, like the bridge or something. And usb lightsabers for both Qui gon and Obi wan.

Interesting that this is no longer on the DX line.... I guess only figures with artisan versions will be "DX"?

This is sick. I have the original deluxe Maul and totally getting this deluxe too. No hesitation.
yup, buying a second one too. Was wondering if the new improved cloaks fits with previous fat @ss Maul or not is my main concern.

Honestly, pretty bang on. I know, I know, not the same angle.

Going Deluxe for sure, can’t wait to add this one to the collection and to have my second Maul figure (have the Solo version).

6C5DD0B3-3008-4E0E-A65E-68989FAA93BD.jpeg

Last edited:
Isn't there some consistently inconsistent placement of the face tattoos through the film?
Yes, the makeup and horns prosthetic applications varied. The marking above his left eye in each of these stills ranges in shape, for example. The irises are larger and more yellow in the third pic vs the first two. Etc. Lots of minute differences between each take and makeup session, I imagine.

33035286-ADEC-4213-A06F-B15975552983.jpeg

Back