1/6 Star Wars Celebration Figure Pics & Discussion

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Did you sell it on ebay yet?

Ha ha! No way...I collect a bunch of different lines and the combination of Celebration and the new trailer has put Star Wars on my front burner so I was actually looking to pick this up! Plus...hate to sound like a big softy...but even if I had not wanted it the way in which I got it gives it some fresh sentimental value and would make me feel "not right" unloading it for cash. Phasma is going to look great on display next to Kylo Ren and the First Order Snowtrooper and FO Stormtrooper :)

Ha ha! No way...I collect a bunch of different lines and the combination of Celebration and the new trailer has put Star Wars on my front burner so I was actually looking to pick this up! Plus...hate to sound like a big softy...but even if I had not wanted it the way in which I got it gives it some fresh sentimental value and would make me feel "not right" unloading it for cash. Phasma is going to look great on display next to Kylo Ren and the First Order Snowtrooper and FO Stormtrooper :)

Congrats and glad you kept Phasma!

Awesome story. Happy that happened to you Mad Old Lu!!! Instead of some rando ;) Way to go bro!

they were giving out free pins btw also! Sideshow people are amazing. As much flak as they get... they really are awesome. Every time I had an issue with a figure they never hesitate to send me a replacement, sometimes not even asking that I return the original. They show the loyalty back to us, and honestly not a lot of companies care for their fanbase like they do for us. I mean.. they showcase us as collectors on their website! Where else do they do that? What other brand do you buy that they will put your photos on their website? They care. And that's rad.

Sideshow are an amazing company and their customer support second to none. They love what they do and it shows in their spirit and product. Sometimes we set our expectations really high, and that's okay because that's what pushes the product and also understandable considering the price tags, but if we are honest with ourselves, if it wasn't Sideshow / Hot Toys doing these figures, they would never even come close to what we are getting.

Awesome story. Happy that happened to you Mad Old Lu!!! Instead of some rando ;) Way to go bro!

they were giving out free pins btw also! Sideshow people are amazing. As much flak as they get... they really are awesome. Every time I had an issue with a figure they never hesitate to send me a replacement, sometimes not even asking that I return the original. They show the loyalty back to us, and honestly not a lot of companies care for their fanbase like they do for us. I mean.. they showcase us as collectors on their website! Where else do they do that? What other brand do you buy that they will put your photos on their website? They care. And that's rad.

Sideshow are an amazing company and their customer support second to none. They love what they do and it shows in their spirit and product. Sometimes we set our expectations really high, and that's okay because that's what pushes the product and also understandable considering the price tags, but if we are honest with ourselves, if it wasn't Sideshow / Hot Toys doing these figures, they would never even come close to what we are getting.

Didn't happen to me! :( It was jal76!

Great story about the free Phasma. I also just recently picked her up for a really cheap price.

Personally I think they will redeem her in Ep 8. Backup to that theory is the pre-movie book which will give her some more backstory, shows that they certainly heard that she was a disappointing character in Ep7.

Therefore I think it will be good to have a Phasma in the collection, especially when she's suddenly "cooler" than she was.

Well that's my theory. I think she looks cool anyway.

Her, Kylo & Rey+BB8 are the only ones I have from Ep7. And that's enough for me.

Ha ha! Even though I am the rando...I must say that you perfectly captured my thoughts about Sideshow too! Amazing company!

Yeah, no way I could sell that figure were it me. Very cool story.

I retract my entire previous statement. Sideshow sucks.

Actually SS does suck...,they do. Ot back there products when there is a problem......take a look at the Jason thread to see all the problems with that figure and they line of BS they are sending out to avoid fixing the mistakes.....

Giving away a non selling figure at a Con does not make you a great company.....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Re: Star Wars Celebration Figure Pics & Discussion

If they still had DX figures. Sounds just like the Bespin/Dagobah Luke package.

Definitely purchasing the Royal Guard, Emperor and the 1/4 scale Vader and Trooper.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Assuming Howard was telling the truth about upcoming DX figures, I wonder if Palpatine might be one of the two? 2 sculpts (neutral & gritted teeth for force lightning pose), light up force lightning effects and throne. The throne could be reaching a bit, but the DX06 included that great steering wheel dio stand. Before you say "But Hippie, the days of Hot Toys making DX sets worth the price of admission are long gone", hopefully HT really wants to go big with this reintroduction to the line.
I don't think I'm alone in thinking we'd never see another DX set again. This is potentially great news.

Rebellions are built on hope.

Re: Star Wars Celebration Figure Pics & Discussion

Honestly, I give SS a lot of **** because of things like shipping, and I still find that a justified response (quarter of the price to send a boxed figure from BBTS comprably?), I do like what they do and feel comfortable in purchasing from them. Furthermore it always feels like I've spoken with a real, genuine human when I call them, not someone who just works there to do it. They always comment on the item, the things they like, what they collect etc. Reminds me a bit of Entertainment Earth in that regard. And that's something that I keeps me coming back. If I was out there I'd apply to work with them while in school.

Back