Star Wars ANH Han Solo Blaster prop replica review

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What Stormtrooper did you get? I've given up hope eFX will ever do a Legend version, so I'm on the lookout for a good hero helmet.

Well.... there's a few :lol The Hero one is one of the Master Replicas Limited Editions (the fiberglass one that EFX produced a few of also with minor improvements), but I also have an RS Stunt ESB, an RS Sandtrooper, and an Anovos Stunt repainted to resemble the original HDPE material underneath with chipped paint, etc.

For a Hero style options are a little limited I think, TrooperMaster makes a Hero that looks nice to my eye, but I've no idea how price compares to the MR/EFX fiberglass ones. I assume it's a bit cheaper.

Well.... there's a few :lol The Hero one is one of the Master Replicas Limited Editions (the fiberglass one that EFX produced a few of also with minor improvements), but I also have an RS Stunt ESB, an RS Sandtrooper, and an Anovos Stunt repainted to resemble the original HDPE material underneath with chipped paint, etc.

For a Hero style options are a little limited I think, TrooperMaster makes a Hero that looks nice to my eye, but I've no idea how price compares to the MR/EFX fiberglass ones. I assume it's a bit cheaper.

At this point, I think I'd even be happy with a really good stunt version. I just need a Stormtrooper helmet in my collection to go with my eFX Legend Vader.

Do you have any pictures of it? How does it compare to the SDS helmet?

RS only makes stunt helmets. But they are the best, hands down.

RS Prop Masters Stormtrooper ANH 1st edition helmet 13.jpg

That does look nice. Is it molded from a screen-used helmet? Is that why it looks bumpy?

Yes! The bumps are from being cast directly from a screen used ANH helmet. Here is a bit about them:

https://www.rspropmasters.com/about-us/

I would stay away from the SDS, lots of controversy there and you can read about it on the RPF. His helmets are no where near as accurate as the RS.

That does look nice. Is it molded from a screen-used helmet? Is that why it looks bumpy?

Exactly. They do a non-bumpy version however if buyer wants to. I have 3 RS Stormie lids and still have a SDS Stunt (I keep it despite the controversy :))

I'm contemplating getting one of their ESB stunt helmets. I saw some very nice photos of it somewhere here recently.
I'm still telling myself I'm not getting a weathered Todds Solo blaster, that I'm looking at.
Must......be......strong :google

To get the thread back on track, does anyone who has gotten a blaster recently have pics they'd like to share?

I know some have gotten it recently and I'd love to see some pics. :)

Sweeeet :love

I need to decide if I should go RS ESB Stunt Stormtrooper OR Todds DL-44 weathered. I already own the MR EE. If I get the Todds, I'd probably sell the MR. I'd love for Todd to tackle the Bowcaster!

I just ordered the battle worn version thanks to this thread. I own the MR Elite, but the battle worn version of the DL-44 looks to be on an entirely different level. Is anyone making Master Replicas style display stands these days?

Now the wait begins...

Darth Rusty,
Personally, I'd keep the MR EE, although the Todds version is really nice. However if you ever decide to sell the MR EE, I'd like a chance to buy it.

Also, not sure if this is the correct thread, but there's another DL-44 version available, but it's less accurate and costs much less: https://www.evike.com/products/64312/
The evike is also a fairly heavy all metal piece, except for the plastic grips.

Sweeeet :love

I need to decide if I should go RS ESB Stunt Stormtrooper OR Todds DL-44 weathered. I already own the MR EE. If I get the Todds, I'd probably sell the MR. I'd love for Todd to tackle the Bowcaster!

I just ordered the battle worn version thanks to this thread. I own the MR Elite, but the battle worn version of the DL-44 looks to be on an entirely different level. Is anyone making Master Replicas style display stands these days?

Now the wait begins...

Is it a paid in full thing? Is a deposit, like half, taken now with the rest to be paid off before shipping?

& Jkno, you are not helping :hi5:

Darth Rusty,
Personally, I'd keep the MR EE, although the Todds version is really nice. However if you ever decide to sell the MR EE, I'd like a chance to buy it.

Also, not sure if this is the correct thread, but there's another DL-44 version available, but it's less accurate and costs much less:
https://www.evike.com/products/64312/

On a general note,

Interesting! Thanks for posting that!

If I had the choice before, I might have cheaped out and gotten this other model because it looks pretty good. Just a couple of minor details missing (like those small greeblies on the top of the muzzle), and obviously the coloring. But I'm glad I didn't know about it and got the Todd's costume one, because I think I would have eventually come to regret getting the cheaper one.

Back