Star Wars ANH Han Solo Blaster prop replica review

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I emailed them over the weekend to check the status of my order as it had been about seven weeks since I'd ordered. Turns out they're waiting for a new batch of the base gun they use to make these things. I don't think they specified when they'd get those in, but said it would be about a week after they get them before they could ship mine out, but mine would be one of the first they get to. So, the wait continues...

I been waiting 8 weeks, however I did have confirmation a couple of days ago mine has been dispatched. They also did say the weather version takes a week longer to do.

I emailed them over the weekend to check the status of my order as it had been about seven weeks since I'd ordered. Turns out they're waiting for a new batch of the base gun they use to make these things. I don't think they specified when they'd get those in, but said it would be about a week after they get them before they could ship mine out, but mine would be one of the first they get to. So, the wait continues...

That stinks! But at least there's a good reason and things should be happening soon!

I been waiting 8 weeks, however I did have confirmation a couple of days ago mine has been dispatched. They also did say the weather version takes a week longer to do.

Congrats! :clap

I sent them a note a couple of days ago because it had been almost 8 weeks for mine as well (weathered version). It sounds like they also just finished up moving their shop but that they'll have the next batch ready to go this week. I decided to pull the trigger on the Han vest as well so they are going to hold it and combine the shipping. I like the customer service and can't wait for the blaster! Does anyone have any display suggestions? I wish they made a lucite stand or something similar so you could get a good look at it from a shelf perch.

Edit: I guess I could have read one page back for the display options!

I suspect either option will work - I ordered one myself and picked Denix, and I"ll let you know how it turns out.

Hi Michael,

All of Todd's offerings have the bull barrel with is fitted onto the standard Denix barrel. It's wider and (now, thanks to extensive research on the RPF) FLAT on the bottom. I'm not sure the Denix version of this stand is going to work. I have the bull barrel version and it fits like a glove.

LOVE your site by the way! Keep up the good work!

Can anyone tell which type is this barrel?

awcus-64312.jpg

Can anyone tell which type is this barrel?

View attachment 341786

That's a denix barrel. More specifically that's the new Airsoft blaster that Evike has been selling. The Flash hider has a set screw that goes down against that barrel.
I have both that and Todd's costumes. The airsoft needs a lot of modding but it's a cool piece for cosplay or whataver.

What kind of modding? Looks pretty close....

It's very close don't get me wrong. I'll take some photos next to Todd's for a better idea. The grill is wrong, the scope, the airsoft safety, no greeblies on top of the barrel. A few things that 90% of the fans wouldn't notice.

I finally took the plunge and ordered one from Todd in the weathered finish. I have been looking at the display cases everyone likes here, but I was curious if anyone has a line on a wall display case with an acrylic cover? I have limited space where I can set things out, but plenty of wall space to hang it. I found one slightly cool option on Etsy below, but not acrylic cover to protect it from dust. He does have a cool looking name plate for it though sold separately.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/279476278/star-wars-dl-44-wallmount-display-stand

Does anyone have any ideas?

I've got one of those wall mounts from the RPF coming. Should be here by Thursday. I know the name plate is NOT included. That photo is from his last run.

Hi Michael,

All of Todd's offerings have the bull barrel with is fitted onto the standard Denix barrel. It's wider and (now, thanks to extensive research on the RPF) FLAT on the bottom. I'm not sure the Denix version of this stand is going to work. I have the bull barrel version and it fits like a glove.

LOVE your site by the way! Keep up the good work!

Yes the barrel is flat, but it works great. I ordered using the 'denix' option, got it this weekend, and it fits fine. Don't know if the Bull barrel option would work better, but this one sits properly.

However, I did snap the small plastic support for the handle at the back. I dropped them a note to see if I could get another one.

Someone on the RPF forum sells these in the 'Junkyard' section:

View attachment 341841

That is exactly what I was looking for. Now I just have to find out how to buy one from them.

Thanks

I've got one of those wall mounts from the RPF coming. Should be here by Thursday. I know the name plate is NOT included. That photo is from his last run.

Do you have the contact info for who you ordered from?

Also, I forgot to mention that you can swap out the plastic grips on the denix/Todd's version with real wooden grips. I'm planning on doing that. I just bought a set on eBay that originated from an RPF run.

I like this idea of using real wood grips. I looked on eBay and they have a lot ranging in price and from different locations ( Thailand, India, etc.) do you have any advice on which ones to choose to ensure the best fit and color match with the original prop?

Last edited:
Yes the barrel is flat, but it works great. I ordered using the 'denix' option, got it this weekend, and it fits fine. Don't know if the Bull barrel option would work better, but this one sits properly.

However, I did snap the small plastic support for the handle at the back. I dropped them a note to see if I could get another one.

Do you think the post snapped because of the weight of the blaster, or the way you placed the blaster on the stand? I am strongly considering one of these stands, but am slightly concerned because of the reported weight of the blaster.

It was a tight fit for the lanyard loop, but it did fit. I was messing around adjusting it a bit, and it snapped clean on me. I already talked to them and they are sending me a second. I think it is the weight -this is a heavy blaster - but if I avoid messing with it too much once it's in place, it should be fine. Hey, it's not exactly the most expensive stand in the world.

I figured once it was settled on the stand it would be fine. I'll just be sure to take my time setting it up.

Thanks Michael!

It was a tight fit for the lanyard loop, but it did fit. I was messing around adjusting it a bit, and it snapped clean on me. I already talked to them and they are sending me a second. I think it is the weight -this is a heavy blaster - but if I avoid messing with it too much once it's in place, it should be fine. Hey, it's not exactly the most expensive stand in the world.

That's my concern with stands as well. This todds blaster is hefty. It weighs more than most of my real guns.

Mine came today and boy is it heavy and a fantastic piece. Just need to sort a bull barrel stand for it now. Hope these guys will make other blasters.

Back