Star Wars ANH Han Solo Blaster prop replica review

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Also, I forgot to mention that you can swap out the plastic grips on the denix/Todd's version with real wooden grips. I'm planning on doing that. I just bought a set on eBay that originated from an RPF run.

Yeah I agree that Todd's version is better because it has the greeblies, mystery disc, etc already in place. It's really close to complete accuracy and the price is very reasonable. The more expensive replicas are based on an MGC toy though.

Interesting! Thanks for posting that!

If I had the choice before, I might have cheaped out and gotten this other model because it looks pretty good. Just a couple of minor details missing (like those small greeblies on the top of the muzzle), and obviously the coloring. But I'm glad I didn't know about it and got the Todd's costume one, because I think I would have eventually come to regret getting the cheaper one.

Finally put together a display for this blaster. Still need to upgrade to wooden grips, but it's getting close. I got the non-weathered version, but I may weather it myself...still deciding on that.

I love this thing! Just a quick snapshot so far (sorry for the over-exposure on the plaque).

My DL-44.jpg

Thanks! Yeah, I really like the Gabz print too. Some have criticized it for 'lack of creativity', but I like it for the very reason that it nicely represents almost every iconic character pose from the OT. This one is an AP/100 -- I could have scored an AP variant with an even lower ES, but yellow is my favorite color, so... :p

That looks great. I'm still trying to puzzle out how to display mine when it arrives. I heard it's pretty heavy. Will acrylic stands bow over time with the weight, do you guys think?

With the weight distributed across three supports, I don't think it's going to bow. But time will tell for sure I suppose...

Just got my acrylic stand in for this today. Hopefully the blaster itself will ship out this week. It's been six weeks with no weathering so it should be about that time for it to be sent out.

With the weight distributed across three supports, I don't think it's going to bow. But time will tell for sure I suppose...

Cool. Where did you get that stand? Or did you make it yourself?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Finally put together a display for this blaster. Still need to upgrade to wooden grips, but it's getting close. I got the non-weathered version, but I may weather it myself...still deciding on that.

I love this thing! Just a quick snapshot so far (sorry for the over-exposure on the plaque).

View attachment 339288

That looks amazing, scottb! Great job! How did you attach the vertical pieces to the base? Screws from underneath?

Just got my acrylic stand in for this today. Hopefully the blaster itself will ship out this week. It's been six weeks with no weathering so it should be about that time for it to be sent out.

What stand did you get and where? My blaster shipped out at exactly six weeks, so most likely yours is due to ship. It wouldn't surprise me if Mike's review caused a huge influx of orders and they got backed up!

That looks great! Thanks for the link! I might get one myself! What barrel type did you choose? Denix or Bull? Because it looks more like the Bull one is right, but I know the gun is a Denix.

No problem. As for the barrel, just going by the pics in Michael's review it looked like the bull to me, so I went with that.

That looks great! Thanks for the link! I might get one myself! What barrel type did you choose? Denix or Bull? Because it looks more like the Bull one is right, but I know the gun is a Denix.

I used this stand to create my display above and selected the Denix option. Fits perfectly...

PS - Sorry for the slow reply, but hopefully the bull option still works out okay for you if that's what you went with.

It does say the gun is a Denix on Todd's site, but it also says they used a steel bull barrel, which is what the pictures on the ebay listing are referring to. Either way it doesn't seem to make much of a difference if Todd's blaster fits the denix one as well.

I used this stand to create my display above and selected the Denix option. Fits perfectly...

PS - Sorry for the slow reply, but hopefully the bull option still works out okay for you if that's what you went with.

Ah! Nice job!

I actually haven't ordered the stand yet--I was waiting for the next billing cycle on my CC!

It does say the gun is a Denix on Todd's site, but it also says they used a steel bull barrel, which is what the pictures on the ebay listing are referring to. Either way it doesn't seem to make much of a difference if Todd's blaster fits the denix one as well.

That's what confused me too. But it seems like either option will probably work.

I suspect either option will work - I ordered one myself and picked Denix, and I"ll let you know how it turns out.

Back