Star Wars: Andor (September 21st, 2022)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
People think this?

Yeah, probably wishful thinking, maybe because he seems all-knowing and a badass, and suppose you could stretch a point about "burning his decency" for something he'll never see (self sacrifice)/fall of a Jedi but personally not seeing it.

It would be interesting if the show at least mentions the Jedi in passing, because assuming at least some knew about them, imagine Jedi wouldn't be looked on too fondly by some, because they dropped the ball, or, if you believe Palps, were all traitors. Or maybe the little people never paid too much attention to the Jedi, because day to day, they never dealt with them anyway.

That aside I think I may actually want a Luthen figure if he gets any more awesome.

I thought the blowing robes made him look... evil. I thought that was Gilroy's point. Not to suggest he's a Jedi.

If he were to be a fallen Jedi of sorts, you'd think he'd have to change more than his hairstyle.

I can see him as a survivor of the Great War. Ex-military.
I don't think he's a Jedi. I think he's someone who at some point had great power or wealth, who has lost something very valuable to him to the Empire. He's going to make it his life mission to bring down the Empire.

A couple of random points:
I rewatched THX-1138 and Robert Duvall’s character has to “climb” to escape his persecution. So yet another connection to this film.
Andor is certainly spending a lot of time on the beach hint hint
Plus it’s doubling interesting how Andor meets his end in RO and how that connects to the funeral rituals of Ferrix
I can’t stop thinking about B2EMO and his grief, it was so beautifully handled
And yes Luthen is the ultimate bada$$ and one of the great SW characters

Have to wonder, might B2's memory and conscience get transferred into what becomes K2?
Or is he more just trying to replicate him?
No i don’t like that sorry :) Sounds like the sort of cheap SW over explaining of the past. It would be like if the memory of a droid was inserted into the Falcon’s computer.

Oh wait.

Back