Star Trek: Picard

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
These mfs should be retired playing bingo but now they’re gonna save the entire galaxy by themselves. Star Trek the Next Geriatrics
I think they faired better than this guy:

1681925317526.jpeg

They stuck the landing. I haven’t felt this good about a show and it’s ending in a loooong time.

Spoiler Spoiler:

I also thought they ended this show well. All the codas felt a bit excessive, but I'll excuse them for giving the fans extra chances to get the feels. Feels like the proper send-off to Next Gen that the movie series never provided. And I consider Next Gen one of the top 2 or 3 shows of all time. The season in general was very good and I am very pleasantly surprised that they found a way to course correct what had, to this point, been a pretty terrible series.

I also really dug the obvious homage to the opening of the original series at the beginning.

This stuck the landing indeed!

Some thoughts:
Spoiler Spoiler:

The Enterprise has always been Starfleet's flagship

This is a frequent fan misconception. Kirk's original Enterprise was never the flagship. I'm not sure there's reason to believe any of the immediate followups were flagships, either - I think the Enterprise-D might have been the first (other than possibly NX-01, of course).

OMFG . . . "feels" off the charts :bow

So emotional (a certain Russian entry, the Tuvok/Seven scene and so many others TOTALLY got to me!)

I just don't have the words - other than . . . "For Lemmy's sake . . . do whatever you have to, to hang onto Terry Matalas !!!!!!!!!" :banana :panic:

A satisfying end

Spoiler Spoiler:

Last edited:
I have to say it: I’m really not a fan of Raffi. I’m excited at the prospects of a possible spin-off show but the character Raffi, too me, doesn’t belong on the bridge of a Starfleet starship. Maybe through writing and character development, I’ll feel differently in the future.

[SPOILER="Spoiler"]And was anyone else thinking: What happened to Jurati’s Borg Queen? I was expecting her to show up and have some role in the finale.[/SPOILER]

I also thought they ended this show well. All the codas felt a bit excessive, but I'll excuse them for giving the fans extra chances to get the feels. Feels like the proper send-off to Next Gen that the movie series never provided. …
I think I agree with you. But if I can ask you to clarify the meaning of the word “codas” in this context ? I’m agreeing if you mean “conclusions” or “crescendos” or tagline after danger or threat or plot was concluded. Ive seen clergy and public speakers do this kind of thing and I’ve always thought it often spoiled their previous points.

They stuck the landing. I haven’t felt this good about a show and it’s ending in a loooong time.

Spoiler Spoiler:
Spoiler Spoiler:

I certainly enjoyed this more so than other of the “CBS All Access” / “Paramount +” streaming new Treks. And I think Matalas should be in charge from here on out.
The graphics of the space battles, the computer screens etc were better than anything put on the BIG screen for the francise previously.

That said … a couple of criticism:

# 1. Considering this story was near Ten (10) hours long , I would have liked to have seen some planet surfaces —— AND some — IN THE DAYLIGHT.
# 2. Why are ALL of these Bridges so DARK ? —- ALL of the TiMe ?
# 3. Okay, so … I’ll accept that this was a reunion and an excuse to get the Over the Hill Gang to Ride Again and SAVE the Fate of ALL of the Universe once more. FINE . But going forward I hope the new sequel-spin-off series will go more with single or two-part more intimate and individual stories concerning several different planets and alien cultures.
# 4. Do Klingons age at the same rate as humans ? Slower ? Faster ? Considering Michael Dorn is wearing so much prosthetic makeup I don’t think some hair color is too much to expect.
# 5. While I understand that Brent Spinner is a human actor who ages, Data is a synthetic human—- So, also he could have used just a bit of hair color.
# 6. I don’t like when they go to too many multiple conclusions and taglines after the plot has tied up.

I've spent the last 24 hours processing it. I miss them all already, my favourite characters in fiction. It was all pulled off so well, I'm so happy at the ending.

I have to say it: I’m really not a fan of Raffi. I’m excited at the prospects of a possible spin-off show but the character Raffi, too me, doesn’t belong on the bridge of a Starfleet starship. Maybe through writing and character development, I’ll feel differently in the future.
I've never liked her character (not all that likeable, didn't seem particularly special or important. . .had some useful skills I suppose), and felt that was the thing that really stuck out in a negative way when you see all these other characters I do like huddled together. . .with her. Seems like the producers really wanted to keep her in the limelight through all the seasons of Picard for some reason. Maybe she was supposed to be the most relatable character that the audience could identify with? I guess better her than that annoying android from the first season or the young Romulan guy with the sword. I liked Picard's housekeeper/girlfriend. . .

I think I agree with you. But if I can ask you to clarify the meaning of the word “codas” in this context ? I’m agreeing if you mean “conclusions” or “crescendos” or tagline after danger or threat or plot was concluded.
Yes, essentially that. You had the main story that finished up,
Spoiler Spoiler:
, then an extra ending is added on. In this case it felt like Return of the King with about 6 or 7 different conclusions.

# 1. Considering this story was near Ten (10) hours long , I would have liked to have seen some planet surfaces —— AND some — IN THE DAYLIGHT.
# 2. Why are ALL of these Bridges so DARK ? —- ALL of the TiMe ?
On the subject of lighting, as much as I loved seeing the
Spoiler Spoiler:

Back