Star Ace Toys: Pulp Fiction

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Star Ace Toys: Pulp Fiction, Jackie Brown & Kill Bill

These are the best shots I have from NYCC...

e1ff2b745720d728792e91266d93a011.jpg

3803f5314cb5919c7c3df81bc3e5937c.jpg

Saw these in person as well at NYCC. Everything about them is a true utter fail, from the sculpts (obviously) to the weird stick man bodies, clunky suits, and weak paint.

Ill be getting the sandal feet and jule's burger at least..

Saw these in person as well at NYCC. Everything about them is a true utter fail, from the sculpts (obviously) to the weird stick man bodies, clunky suits, and weak paint.

Ah ****!

They look good enough in Comatoast's pics...but just slightly "off"...like just slightly cartoonized or idealized. Jules looks more off than Vince. And they're not nearly as cartoony as those DAM versions, I think it is?

They look good enough in Comatoast's pics...but just slightly "off"...like just slightly cartoonized or idealized. Jules looks more off than Vince. And they're not nearly as cartoony as those DAM versions, I think it is?

Well yeah - the DAM versions are supposed to be caricatures. These are supposed to be photorealistic. I can't get over that Barbra Streisand-esque stare Vince has got going on. Ew.

you don't even need these, just get the redman iminime reofferings which actually have the dork clothes, feet included.

Its pretty sad when those knock offs of unlicensed figures are blowing official releases out of the water.

They look OK, but nothing special. Star Ace tend to be doing that a lot lately, OK work.

Sideshow has Vince and Jules up for preorder.

That Vincent Vega sculpt is possibly one of the worst I've ever seen; he looks like a caveman in a suit.

pulp-fiction-vincent-vega-sixth-scale-star-ace-903323-01.jpg

Attachments

• pulp-fiction-vincent-vega-sixth-scale-star-ace-silo-903323.jpg
    pulp-fiction-vincent-vega-sixth-scale-star-ace-silo-903323.jpg
    5.7 KB · Views: 223

It's not that bad. I reckon they'll tweak the prototype and we'll see some improvement, maybe something closer to this:

DIe__XLVoAAl4og.jpg

I hope that the fact that this abomination is making it to market is some indication that we will actually get our Diamond Select Vince someday.

On BBTS Jules is $218, don't get out of hand!

Seriously, why is he 2 dollars cheaper? These are going for HT prices with awful sculpts.

for me the sculpt is bad, yes. but the bodies are so skinny. those suits hang off them. its just bad. its bad for $100, let alone $200+.

these people are insane.

Back