Star Ace Toys: Pulp Fiction

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Star Ace Toys: Pulp Fiction, Jackie Brown & Kill Bill

There is an old saying, "you never get a second chance to make a first impression". Companies don't take pictures and produce ads like that until the product has been approved by the licensor. If the end product looks different it is only because the manufacturing process changed the look of the prototype. Collectors need to understand your opinions and suggestions have zero impact on the final look of a product. Some companies may display prototypes at big conventions with a sign that says "pending licensor approval". They usually wont do that unless they are satisfied with the prototype and have a confident expectation it will be approved. If you don't know or understand how that process works try asking some of the artist and art directors involved in producing licensed product. They may not be willing to share specific processes for a given company, but you can get a general idea of how it all goes down.

No panic here...if Blitzway had announced this license and released these prototypes I would be freaking out...in this case I am getting exactly what I expected...and as a result will not be buying them...too bad as I said before Pulp Fiction deserved better.

Blitzway duo pack with dork outfits would be a dream... And their level of sculpts and accs would blow away. :monkey2

Always true.

you can actually. just set up another new company you get another shot at 1st impression.

or open a new user account and start fresh.

in real life you can always change your name & face and have a fresh start.

nothing is impossible.

So we know we should be getting Jules, Vincent and the bride.
Who would be your next three characters you would choose
Mine are= Odell from Jackie brown, Jackie brown herself and Lois from Jackie brown

Mine are= Odell from Jackie brown, Jackie brown herself and Lois from Jackie brown

O-ren Ishi ii from Kill Bill vol. 1, Go Go Yubari from Kill Bill vol. 1 and possibly Odell from Jackie Brown if they do a much better Sam Jackson.

Dont know about that "consumer's have zero impact on products" part. Im remebering the outcry over ssc's firefly cobra figure. Ssc added a 2nd head. And HB would have been released by now if not for a near complete reworking to accommodate the m43 at the request of buyers. So it's not unheard of. But i agree that i think this is likely the final product. To get these up to contemporary standards will necessitate more than just tweaking.

But yeah, these are fairly disappointing offerings imo. The market has shown it will pay a premium for top product and this is not in that league. Quality harkens to '09 or so.

Dont know about that "consumer's have zero impact on products" part. Im remebering the outcry over ssc's firefly cobra figure. Ssc added a 2nd head. And HB would have been released by now if not for a near complete reworking to accommodate the m43 at the request of buyers. So it's not unheard of. But i agree that i think this is likely the final product. To get these up to contemporary standards will necessitate more than just tweaking.

But yeah, these are fairly disappointing offerings imo. The market has shown it will pay a premium for top product and this is not in that league. Quality harkens to '09 or so.

Wait what happened with Firefly? I don't remember that.

Firefly was only going to come with a black masked head and they included a camo masked head later.

Do we have to stick with Star Ace or can they be made by a company that will actually make them look like the characters that we pick...?

NYCC-2017-Star-Ace-Toys-047.jpg
NYCC-2017-Star-Ace-Toys-048.jpg
NYCC-2017-Star-Ace-Toys-049.jpg

NYCC-2017-Star-Ace-Toys-051.jpg
NYCC-2017-Star-Ace-Toys-052.jpg

NYCC-2017-Star-Ace-Toys-053.jpg
NYCC-2017-Star-Ace-Toys-054.jpg

I'm gonna say it. I think they look great and I'm buying both. Jules looks better than the previous one shown.

I'm pretty sure the bodies have regular exposed joints.

I'm not convinced at all by these yet, I'll wait for better pics.

They look better. If this had been the first look, I'd even say they're okay. I'm not totally sold but at least they look halfway decent now.

Back