Star Ace Apollo Creed

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
These rubber bodies will never look good to me. Is this a Phicen collab? The shoulders are hilariously saggy and the pecs look like, well, boobs.

These rubber bodies will never look good to me. Is this a Phicen collab? The shoulders are hilariously saggy and the pecs look like, well, boobs.
It's definitley a Phicen body. Although I don't agree with your criticisms, Phicen bodies look fantastic and WAY better than a plastic body with exposed joints everywhere.

It's definitley a Phicen body. Although I don't agree with your criticisms, Phicen bodies look fantastic and WAY better than a plastic body with exposed joints everywhere.
It's not the fact that it's seamless so much as the sculpt of the neutral position that bugs me (although I do have my misgivings about seamless durability). Joints may not be everyone's cup of tea, but there are some jointed bodies with more natural-looking silhouettes than Phicens. I don't know why Phicen is the go-to for seamless, surely someone else can sculpt a similar body with less gummy-looking muscles.

Take this pose for instance. If you were jacked and your arms were raised like this, your shoulders wouldn't sit this low and flat. They'd be lifted up (as if you were shrugging) and bulging. Even standing with the arms at one's side, the shoulders shouldn't slouch this much. Looks like they're being dragged off the bone.

437614-0C6C2EB0-1634-4D47-9089-875B67B485C2.jpeg

Thanks for coming to my Ted talk. :lol

Agreed. Something like boxing figures need Phicen. Jus this body might be too big, but it could be the angle. If they did a neutral stance, perhaps we would be more onboard.

I will probably bite, if the economy doesn't crash, as I want a really good apollo.

The head is Rocky 1. This pic I think is of Rocky 4.

I think their head is on point, but the body is too buff. They don't seem to want to invest in a new body. He needs a less buff, more human like body.
1679489704083.jpeg

He was no where near that big. He was average sized but cut.

That body is ridicules.
1679489863351.jpeg

Not bad, not Hot Toys but good. A bit Pricey but who else will make an Apollo.

Head is not a disaster.

Yeah I’m actually surprised. I know most of us crap on Star Ace at this point but I would say this is a pretty good effort. I don’t think I’d go down the road of collecting more than Rocky himself so I’m not really interested personally.

It's actually well done. Perhaps we can nitpick but it's an actual good figure from star ace....
Glad I ordered, two heads looks like Apollo and the outfit is good. The hat seems to be meh... but yeah..

Interestingly I see zero hype for a figure that turned out well. Probably due to all their previous misfires.

But got me excited for Drago.

I think I'm now all in.

Back