Star Ace Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban Hermione Granger 1/6 Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I guess the route could be using that head with a smaller body? Would the clothes fit on it or they'd look baggy? There are some pretty cheap smaller bodies out there. The Dam Toys female bodies are great for petite characters.

After I saw your post I liked the way your head looked better, so I bought that too. Unfortunately it suffers from the same problem as many Kumik heads. Great likeness, but small to the point of being pinheaded.

This may bear some additional investigation. I wonder if there is some variance in the casting of these heads (One being a cast off of another, for instance). I know that head is available from more than one seller. Could they be knocking each other off? I ask this because my head looks well suited to the adult Widow body IMHO.

Here's another example!
IMG_20180106_104905.jpg

Would you be able to post a pic or two of yours?

Last edited:
This may bear some additional investigation. I wonder if there is some variance in the casting of these heads (One being a cast off of another, for instance). I know that head is available from more than one seller. Could they be knocking each other off? I ask this because my head looks well suited to the adult Widow body IMHO.

Here's another example!
View attachment 385829

Wow. Could you post a link to e-bay, the one it is. Because, as you said there are recast of the recasts...

Here's another example!

Yea, of course. Id be happy to. Unfortunatly its with the rest of my Christmas gifts being shipped from my parents' house. Il post them when they get here in a few days.

In the mean time though, here is a link to where I got mine from:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/1-6-Emma-W...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649

One thing worth noting though is that this figure is taller than the Rey figure. Your sculpt still looks better (and bigger) than the one I have though, so I'm guessing you're right and these people are recasting eachother's heads.

Here's another example!
View attachment 385829

I wonder if Emma was ever in the conversation for Rey originally if Daisy wasn’t around. Both brits, but Emma could fake an American accent but I can’t see Emma in a SW film :lol

Very interesting.

So from what I THINK I’ve seen, I’m led the believe that the “original” bootleg sculpt (lol) was produced by ThreeQ (their model MG 004). That said, there are several sellers who appear to be peddling the ThreeQ sculpt on eBay. Unfortunately, there is no active listing for this sculpt from the seller I used. Which brings us to the bizarre situation of wondering which bootlegger is the most trustworthy!

All that said, I’d probably say that if you go with a seller who is showing the ThreeQ logo that MIGHT give you the best chance of getting you a “first cast” bootleg, knock-off, unlicensed, rip-off head :rotfl

This is the one I have:

69FE4E87909B46B6B196.jpeg

Very interesting.

So from what I THINK I’ve seen, I’m led the believe that the “original” bootleg sculpt (lol) was produced by ThreeQ (their model MG 004). That said, there are several sellers who appear to be peddling the ThreeQ sculpt on eBay. Unfortunately, there is no active listing for this sculpt from the seller I used. Which brings us to the bizarre situation of wondering which bootlegger is the most trustworthy!

All that said, I’d probably say that if you go with a seller who is showing the ThreeQ logo that MIGHT give you the best chance of getting you a “first cast” bootleg, knock-off, unlicensed, rip-off head :rotfl
Thanks.
They actually look better in hand.

After I saw your post I liked the way your head looked better, so I bought that too. Unfortunately it suffers from the same problem as many Kumik heads. Great likeness, but small to the point of being pinheaded.

Do you have to "assemble" Emma's head with blue tack like many of the Kumiks?

Some of the Kumik's have a prominent seam that does not like quite right because you have to put together the two halves of the head (the face with the back of the head & hair piece).

I guess I'll go with the ThreeQ head - $30-35 about the average price?

She just arrived today and I have got to say she looks MUCH better in hand however I see the sculpt getting so much flak when I think the sculpt seems to be there its the quality of hair and the amount of glue in it that I feel is what brings this item down. Just my two cents!

Okay, so mine just arrived and honestly, at least with the paint job on mine and after fussing with the hair, it looks a lot better in person. She especially looks passable from the side - a lot better, in fact, than head on - in my opinion. It’s good enough for me to keep and work with. 6489F50A-33EC-41A2-B765-BFCA407736E5.jpg

I also ordered the headaculpt above - that gets here tomorrow. Looking forward to checking that out.

She just arrived today and I have got to say she looks MUCH better in hand however I see the sculpt getting so much flak when I think the sculpt seems to be there its the quality of hair and the amount of glue in it that I feel is what brings this item down. Just my two cents!

No, I agree. Head on, I think her nose looks a tad too pointed and her eyes a little too close together, but to me that’s not a damning problem. The hair and all the white stuff in it (it seriously looks like she’s got a dry scalp - ‘tis the season I suppose!) are something to be contended with, but if you’re patient you can mostly make it work.

No, I agree. Head on, I think her nose looks a tad too pointed and her eyes a little too close together, but to me that’s not a damning problem. The hair and all the white stuff in it (it seriously looks like she’s got a dry scalp - ‘tis the season I suppose!) are something to be contended with, but if you’re patient you can mostly make it work.

But for the prices we pay now, should we be content with MOSTLY and making it work? It's a bad precedent that we are setting that we will settle for junk and half assed worked just because

But for the prices we pay now, should we be content with MOSTLY and making it work? It's a bad precedent that we are setting that we will settle for junk and half assed worked just because

I mean, definitely not. For some people like me though, having a favorite character from your favorite scene in your favorite of the stories - you kind of make peace compromising if that’s your only option to have it on your shelf. I’m still dying for a Peggy Carter figure and would probably settle there too if I had to, just go have her. The fact is, a lot of important women don’t end up in 1/6 scale form, and while in some regard it feels iffy to support a drop in quality, supporting them making more of the badass women in so many of the stories we love kind of balances it out for me on a principle level.

I still wish they had done her better, and I wrote to both Sideshow and Star Ace about it. I certainly won’t be buying from Star Ace down the line. But for Hermione, I had to make an exception.

I do think they should have dropped the price on the figure though tbh in all fairness.

Okay, so mine just arrived and honestly, at least with the paint job on mine and after fussing with the hair, it looks a lot better in person. She especially looks passable from the side - a lot better, in fact, than head on - in my opinion. It’s good enough for me to keep and work with. View attachment 386538

I also ordered the headaculpt above - that gets here tomorrow. Looking forward to checking that out.

Can’t wait to see your comparison shots!

Ugh, okay, so a few things.

1. I have realized that for whatever reason, this figure looked better in my car in natural sunlight than indoor lighting. The side angle remains the best, but I'm now a tad on the fence about keeping this. (Sideshow told me if I opened it and hated it I could return it.) I'm leaning towards keeping it because the side view is passable for me, and seeing PoA Hermione on the shelf is nice, even if it doesn't match the original expectations. I know that won't be the case for everyone and that's fair, but when you love Hermione as much as I do, you find a way to make peace with it to have a representation of what you think is her finest moment.

2. The head sculpt from eBay, while bearing a resemblance, looks angry. In my mind, I was able to accept that she looked a little angry (as Hermione often has plenty of reason to be irritated in the stories), but then I tried swapping out the heads. I didn't even bother turning the camera on. The skin tone was off, but not so off that it was unforgivable, but the head was comically small on the body. There's just no way it's going to work.

3. As an aside, one of the big complaints I read was about how difficult it was to change outfits. The only part that was challenging for me was getting the belt on her jeans because of tendonitis.

I did take a few pictures of the figure on the shelf. Please note that I haven't bothered putting loads of effort into posing, or in taking stunning photos, since I remain undecided about what I'm going to do, and we're cleaning the cases this weekend anyway so everyone is going to end up getting reposed. Sorcerer's Stone Hermione looks a bit a mess since I took all of the Christmas decorations and accessories (yes, you read that correctly) off of the figures and didn't bother getting them back in order yet. Here are a couple of the shots I took.

L1140277.jpg

L1140273 (1).jpg

I considered canceling my order when the first batch of in hand photos started showing up. I’ve been ordering a few Star Ace HP figures for my shelf because these movies are my nieces favorites. Hermione is hands down her favorite character of all time. Mind you she’s 9 so that could change. Anyway I showed her the pictures MWCtoys had in that review and she loved it so like ladyshanz this figure will be joining my collection. I do believe this figure will be canceled by most who ordered it though so hopefully Star Ace learns from this.

On another note with this figures delay and now seeing their new prototypes going up for pre-order makes me think they might have retooled their figure making process this last year. The sculpting on those new figures are miles above where this figure ended up. I had a few moments of hope before they released that Lucious Malfoy pre-order. I can believe that they cut their losses on these two and that’s why we got what we got. As for the future hopefully they are working harder on the next HP or Fantastic Beasts release. For I also have Newt on P.O. I would like to believe with the second Fantastic Beasts in production WB would be a little harder on them to release better products.

Back