Star Ace Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban Hermione Granger 1/6 Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Demanding $200+ for THIS will end even the most forgiving collector’s patience and forgiveness...

B75E33FEAD6C4B0EBBC2.jpeg

Who is that? Snape and Hermione's offspring? :lol

:rotfl :horror That was one horrendous sculpt!! I got the replacement head and consigned this one to storage (although the rubbish bin might have been a better place)...never to see the light of day again!

Star Ace really do need to consider doing an alternate head sculpt for this Hermione though - it looks terrible as is.

Oh my god...That Hermione is hideous!

My first thought too was the Amy Pond from Big Chief. I'm not buying Hermione until theres an alternative sculpt out there officially or unofficially. That is absolute trash. I honestly think that Disney Store Belle doll that made the rounds has a better likeness.

Oh my god...That Hermione is hideous!

My first thought too was the Amy Pond from Big Chief. I'm not buying Hermione until theres an alternative sculpt out there officially or unofficially. That is absolute trash. I honestly think that Disney Store Belle doll that made the rounds has a better likeness.

I really hope Star Ace realizes that the success of this figure pretty much lies on an alternate head sculpt option, even if it’s down the line/means a longer wait...

UPDATE:

I emailed Star Ace and heard nothing. I then messaged them on Facebook on Monday - they read the message, but did not reply. I sent another one Wednesday - it is also showing as read, but no reply. There is no way that they don't know how bad it is if they don't even want to respond. It's really too bad - their other pieces in this line were amazing. I wish it didn't have to be the one I was most excited about that tanked. :(

I did hear back from Sideshow - they said they'd be able to refund my deposit if I wanted, but couldn't guarantee that the $50+ I used in points toward her would be returned. So, so disappointing all around. :huh

They’re well aware of the response guys, they’re not dumb, they obviously read their social media. I’m sur they’re getting alot of messages from collectors, they’re not going to sit there all day having conversations with everyone.

They repainted the Marilyn sculpt after a lot of complaining. They probably are trying to figure out what to do, because this figure isnt just a paint issue, its a sculpt issue too, its just ugly.

They aren’t exactly advertising this thing anywhere so they may be re-evaluating it.

The sculpt and the hair are just....yowza. At this point, I don't think anything can save this figure other than an entirely new sculpt.

I'm planning on replacing my sculpt with this. Its a bit old for POA, but id rather have a Hermione that's aged up a bit than that garbage we are getting.

s-l1600.jpg

Remember how Star Ace was so proud of their young Hermione figure? Now they haven't even posted anything about the new one, and Michael didn't even get one to review, and I saw a listing for one on ebay that was at $175 BIN.

If this ever reaches Mad Eye Moody prices on Amazon, I may bite and get that head QGF posted.

Yeah, it’s really not bad (ar least in the promo pics), and nothing wrong with giving her an expression with a bit of attitude. For $32, I just picked that one up to hold in reserve...

I still can’t believe that they have not responded to - either individually or on a larger scale - the concern about this figure. Adding insult to injury.

Feels like they are just trying to ride this license out at this point. Trying to take up a low profile and not make much noise. Wouldn’t be surprised if that Lucius Malfoy tease they gave us at Comicon never gets any further than that tease...but I hope I’m wrong.

Molecule 8 has Harry Potter listed as a lisence on their page, but they’ve also had designs of Gandalf and Legolas on there for quite some time with no further info, so here’s to hoping they get moving I guess...

Molecule 8 has Harry Potter listed as a lisence on their page, but they’ve also had designs of Gandalf and Legolas on there for quite some time with no further info, so here’s to hoping they get moving I guess...

Lol M8. :rotfl

I haven’t heard a ton about them before - just stumbled across their site when I was disappointed with a few of Asmus’s releases of LotR (although their newer Sam and Frodo are great improvements) - are they not good?

I don’t think I can handle the Harry Potter line just floundering everywhere. :(

Back