Star Ace Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban Hermione Granger 1/6 Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's become a lively and unforgiving sport here to bash Molecule 8 because their debut release has been delayed and additions and improvements have been announced along with the delays. Many observers have taken this to be a forestalling tactic, and doubt that the company will deliver anything but the zBrush and Maya illustrations you saw on their website. That first figure is supposed to appear in January, so we'll see.

But at any event, it's not even clear whether Molecule 8 plans anything LOTR in 1:6 scale. They've only announced two figures, neither from LOTR. Asmus is the first to hold the 1:6 license (after ToyBiz, DiD, and Sideshow) and come this close to actually producing the full fellowship. They have issued alternate heads for figures that weren't well received, and there are independent artists who have released other heads. The Sideshow and Tom & Joy versions can be shrunk if you find the scale of the Asmus hobbits more to your liking than Sideshow. The Tom & Joy Merry and Pippen are scaled to the Sideshow hobbits. If enough people ask, Creg Customs is a likely source for still other alternatives. Getting the bodies in a scale you like is the first thing, and I'd say grab the Asmus hobbits while you can.

Same goes for Harry Potter. They haven't said what scale their license covers. They haven't said much of anything, and the chorus of jeering has probably convinced them to concentrate on producing a figure before telling everyone about it.

It's become a lively and unforgiving sport here to bash Molecule 8 because their debut release has been delayed and additions and improvements have been announced along with the delays. Many observers have taken this to be a forestalling tactic, and doubt that the company will deliver anything but the zBrush and Maya illustrations you saw on their website. That first figure is supposed to appear in January, so we'll see.

But at any event, it's not even clear whether Molecule 8 plans anything LOTR in 1:6 scale. They've only announced two figures, neither from LOTR. Asmus is the first to hold the 1:6 license (after ToyBiz, DiD, and Sideshow) and come this close to actually producing the full fellowship. They have issued alternate heads for figures that weren't well received, and there are independent artists who have released other heads. The Sideshow and Tom & Joy versions can be shrunk if you find the scale of the Asmus hobbits more to your liking than Sideshow. The Tom & Joy Merry and Pippen are scaled to the Sideshow hobbits. If enough people ask, Creg Customs is a likely source for still other alternatives. Getting the bodies in a scale you like is the first thing, and I'd say grab the Asmus hobbits while you can.

Same goes for Harry Potter. They haven't said what scale their license covers. They haven't said much of anything, and the chorus of jeering has probably convinced them to concentrate on producing a figure before telling everyone about it.

Thank you! That was an excellent explanation! Much appreciated. :D

In this review the hs is a little better than official Star Ace pictures.
The second casual outfit is not included??

I think it is inluded. Its on the picture on the box. Its just not shown in the video. (I think)

In this review the hs is a little better than official Star Ace pictures.
The second casual outfit is not included??

They also offered a uniform only edition of this.

Honestly, in the video she looks no where near as bad as the pictures I’ve seen.

No where near as good as the prototype either, but definitely not as bad.

Got my shippin notification from Sideshow - it was initially going to be the 28th, but got shifted to the 2nd because of port delays. I’m going to give this a shot and look at it in hand before writing it off entirely. Prisoner of Azkaban has my favorite Hermione scenes, so I’ve got to give it a shot. I’ll post pictures once it’s in hand. (Thank god for Sideshow’s 30 day return policy...)

Got my shippin notification from Sideshow - it was initially going to be the 28th, but got shifted to the 2nd because of port delays. I’m going to give this a shot and look at it in hand before writing it off entirely. Prisoner of Azkaban has my favorite Hermione scenes, so I’ve got to give it a shot. I’ll post pictures once it’s in hand. (Thank god for Sideshow’s 30 day return policy...)

tenor.gif

Oh my god, did anyone else notice that they misspelled her name on the box in that review? XD

Welp. I forgot I preordered this. Looks like I have a Hermione on the way. :dunno

So if anyone needs a Hermione that's cheaper than retail, shoot me a message. I know there are some third party sculpts already, and possibly more to come, and keeping the outfit is tempting...but I'll probably be selling the whole fig.

Anyone try swapping the Star Ace Hermione head with any of the Emma Watson heads on ebay?

I saw the sculpt from a couple pages back - I know the sculpt looks older but at least the likness to Emma Watson is better.

Not a lot of people were aware that Hermione had a stint as an Agent of S.H.I.E.L.D. Seems like a pretty natural fit when you think about the skill set...

IMG20180105161651.jpg

IMG20180105161304.jpg

Anyway, just trying to give you an idea of what the custom headsculpt looks like on some reasonable compatible shoulders.

Last edited:
Already bought that sculpt. Unfortunately its too small to fit this figure. Looks smaller in hand than in your pics.

If they had made her proper size (9"-10") it would have been perfect. But unfortunately they chose to give this figure an adult sized body.

After I saw your post I liked the way your head looked better, so I bought that too. Unfortunately it suffers from the same problem as many Kumik heads. Great likeness, but small to the point of being pinheaded.

Got it...

I don’t have the Star Ace Figure yet, but the proportions actually work pretty well on Black Widow, but that is a pretty petite body from Hot Toys.

One more

49C1B0A661B24B7D8968.jpeg

Back