Stallone line - First Blood Rambo released

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mine arrives today - I’m very excited as this feels like a unique piece - Most Rambo figures are “action”/firing guns etc or after he’s on the run.

This one is all about the man. What he’s been through, looking for. Wandering lost. I love the “emotion” they captured.

I got him in today. Overall I’m happy with this figure. I think they did a good job.

2066CAC9-3698-4051-8200-23E494006657.jpeg

Here’s the Stallone shop Rambo knife compared to the Threezero knife:

B40D8D87-F643-4415-8C65-D4644EFB0BD6.jpeg

"Its a long road 🎶 When you're on your own...🎶"

When I first started collecting 1:6 scale movie figures 14 years ago I always wanted this version of John J. I know Hot Toys had done one before I started collecting and it was always a lot more expensive so it was one I "missed the window" and I always hoped and waited for HT to do a 2.0 which never happened. Thanks to the artists involved and Sly himself to start his own brand! And what a start it is. I didn't know what to expect with this release as it's their first from the new Slystalloneshop company. Producing his own figures from his movies. But I'm happy to say I'm overall impressed. In pics it's hard to really capture the likeness but in person it's definitely there. I'll be posting a video shortly which makes it look a lot better. Weathering is great. The jeans and jacket look nice and lived in. The sleeping bag has stains on it. Even his dog tags have his name and info on them. The knife (not pictured, I placed it in the small of his back where he carried it at the beginning of the film) though it would have been nice to have diecast, the paint work pulls off the metal look great.
Minor issues I have are:
•The post card that comes in the box with the artists credits was crushed when they inserted the tray so it's bent and I won't be displaying it now.
•The section of the head where it meets the neck could be a bit more flush. But minor modding will fix that.

Otherwise I'm happy! Yet another company delivering the classic icons that Hot Toys have decided to pass on. I look forward to seeing their next Rambo and future Rocky figures!

IG📸 Cellar_Toys
Screenshot_20221219_192256.jpg
Screenshot_20221219_192308.jpg
Screenshot_20221219_192418.jpg

I was lucky to snag one on ebay at pretty much what slystalloneshop was charging. Hopefully they'll produce more, but I didn't want to take the chance that they would Instead decide to just continue moving on to other figures.

Gotta admit I bet against them making those fixes during production. I'll not make that mistake again in passing on future figures I'm interested in.

When I first started collecting 1:6 scale movie figures 14 years ago I always wanted this version of John J. I know Hot Toys had done one before I started collecting and it was always a lot more expensive so it was one I "missed the window" and I always hoped and waited for HT to do a 2.0 which never happened. Thanks to the artists involved and Sly himself to start his own brand! And what a start it is. I didn't know what to expect with this release as it's their first from the new Slystalloneshop company. Producing his own figures from his movies. But I'm happy to say I'm overall impressed. In pics it's hard to really capture the likeness but in person it's definitely there. I'll be posting a video shortly which makes it look a lot better. Weathering is great. The jeans and jacket look nice and lived in. The sleeping bag has stains on it. Even his dog tags have his name and info on them. The knife (not pictured, I placed it in the small of his back where he carried it at the beginning of the film) though it would have been nice to have diecast, the paint work pulls off the metal look great.
Minor issues I have are:
•The post card that comes in the box with the artists credits was crushed when they inserted the tray so it's bent and I won't be displaying it now.
•The section of the head where it meets the neck could be a bit more flush. But minor modding will fix that.

Otherwise I'm happy! Yet another company delivering the classic icons that Hot Toys have decided to pass on. I look forward to seeing their next Rambo and future Rocky figures!

IG📸 Cellar_ToysView attachment 613709View attachment 613710View attachment 613711
Classy display dude.

Im a big fan of the Threezero Rambos, and First Blood is one of my favourite ever films. I can see some improvements have been made to this figure but im still not convinced of the likeness in fact some pictures range from making it look horrible and others making it look balloon headed although ive always tried to maintain you should really see things with your own eyes before you cast your final judgement. Sponsored reviews should never be trusted and the same for people using one company to put another down. Figures are never perfect (or not any ive seen) but most can be posed to highlight its best angle. I have the kaustik plastic Rocky training version head and its awesome (but it also looked awesome in pictures) so my question is do i seek out this figure or let this one slide.

Im a big fan of the Threezero Rambos, and First Blood is one of my favourite ever films. I can see some improvements have been made to this figure but im still not convinced of the likeness in fact some pictures range from making it look horrible and others making it look balloon headed although ive always tried to maintain you should really see things with your own eyes before you cast your final judgement. Sponsored reviews should never be trusted and the same for people using one company to put another down. Figures are never perfect (or not any ive seen) but most can be posed to highlight its best angle. I have the kaustik plastic Rocky training version head and it’s awesome (but it also looked awesome in pictures) so my question is do i seek out this figure or let this one slide.
Getting it in hand can sway you a bit sure but you pretty much see what you’re getting by looking at these pictures. If I were in your shoes I would let it slide. Getting it second hand will be costly and not worth it imo.

I received my figure on Monday. Overall it’s an amazing set and you can tell that a lot of work went into it.

Having said that, I did have some paint issues and asked for replacement sculpt and knife. Stallone shop thought they were minor issues, but would send me a replacement sculpt and knife in the near future from the factory. At the price point for this figure, I don’t think these are minor. Then again, SSC told me to go F myself on my wonky-eyed Harry Callahan figure, so maybe it’s me.

Wonder if they plan to do another run if the factory is producing more?

Edit- added photos of paint issues.

Attachments

• 6636F485-EDE0-430B-9395-F96C4A029490.jpeg
    6636F485-EDE0-430B-9395-F96C4A029490.jpeg
    525.9 KB · Views: 0
  • FC4F8A04-6CBA-4EDA-ADC1-993440A0C2EA.jpeg
    FC4F8A04-6CBA-4EDA-ADC1-993440A0C2EA.jpeg
    589.2 KB · Views: 0
  • 27F8484D-56F4-4F66-A0C7-9DB110B67AAC.jpeg
    27F8484D-56F4-4F66-A0C7-9DB110B67AAC.jpeg
    537.5 KB · Views: 0
  • D24275B9-EC95-43BF-B15C-65DA8121D952.jpeg
    D24275B9-EC95-43BF-B15C-65DA8121D952.jpeg
    650.7 KB · Views: 0
  • 9DEF9E43-6EEF-4CE9-93D5-A066718C61DF.jpeg
    9DEF9E43-6EEF-4CE9-93D5-A066718C61DF.jpeg
    1,007.3 KB · Views: 0
  • 635AD7C9-43BD-49E7-8B52-1853A94655E1.jpeg
    635AD7C9-43BD-49E7-8B52-1853A94655E1.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:

Minor issues I have are:

IG📸 Cellar_ToysView attachment 613709View attachment 613710View attachment 613711

Very well put, @Rzeznikk! (I'm still in absolute AWE over your 'David'/Lost Man/Lost Boys custom - I received mine but I'm still working up the courage to cut the molded hair; being new to this idea, it's terrifying, lol!)

I'm still awaiting my First Blood figure (damn storm), but happy to hear you're happy with the purchase - now I'm even more pumped!

Merry Christmas!!!

I received my figure on Monday. Overall it’s an amazing set and you can tell that a lot of work went into it.

Having said that, I did have some paint issues and asked for replacement sculpt and knife. Stallone shop thought they were minor issues, but would send me a replacement sculpt and knife in the near future from the factory. At the price point for this figure, I don’t think these are minor. Then again, SSC told me to go F myself on my wonky-eyed Harry Callahan figure, so maybe it’s me.

Wonder if they plan to do another run if the factory is producing more?

Edit- added photos of paint issues.
The paint issues on the Rambo do seem minor, but the spot on the nose would bug the hell out of me... any way of getting it off? Maybe some gentle scrubbing?
The wonky eye on Dirty Harry, however, is inexcusable!

Back