Stallone line - First Blood Rambo released

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Corrections made to better represent what we've seen.

View attachment 563873

It seems like we've been listening to the "Last Units!" and "Sold Out!" greatest hits since day one. It's a choral campaign full of basic, predictable and repetitive arguments that has become boring ad nauseam. The truth is that with all the announcements in the thread and the never aired review I'd even forgotten about this figure, so I was hoping to read that it was sold out for good and forever BUT NO, it's the "Last Units!" hit playing again on the old transistor.

Who here really expected Truth in Advertising?

I'll make two predictions:

This will not be exclusive -- although I suppose this has already been proven false.

Once this is listed as "sold out", it will appear available again before release.

Agree, and maybe I would add that it will be available in stores around the world at an even more expensive price.

The Rambo figure keeps popping up on my social media feeds (I shouldn’t have followed Sly Stallone Shop I guess), and not going to lie despite having reservations about the figure part of me still kinda wants it.

Part of it is FOMO I think, but I do like the representation of the character and somewhat wonder if it may in fact sell out and then be hard to get.

The Rambo figure keeps popping up on my social media feeds (I shouldn’t have followed Sly Stallone Shop I guess), and not going to lie despite having reservations about the figure part of me still kinda wants it.

Part of it is FOMO I think, but I do like the representation of the character and somewhat wonder if it may in fact sell out and then be hard to get.

I think there is nothing wrong with wanting this figure: it's an iconic (albeit brief) portrayal of the character, and there really aren't many other alternatives out there right now. Here the only thing that I humbly believe has been wrong from the beginning is all the (lack of) communication that has surrounded the presentation and subsequent release of the figure. This includes aspects such as the obligation to pay the full amount in advance, the exclusion of more affordable options for international collectors, and the lack of clarity regarding the final product.

I've never seen this photo before, so I'm sharing it. :D

bCLgOYX.jpg

Watched First Blood again last night. Still love the film. After watching it maybe I could be content with the Threezero Rambo that’s coming out. He does spend far more time in that look. Although if I’m honest I do prefer the drifter look with the red shirt and army jacket.

Watched First Blood again last night. Still love the film. After watching it maybe I could be content with the Threezero Rambo that’s coming out. He does spend far more time in that look.

I watched it too again. I watched it mainly because I wanted to see the knife. I love that damn knife.

Although if I’m honest I do prefer the drifter look with the red shirt and army jacket.

It's a cool look.

I watched it too again. I watched it mainly because I wanted to see the knife. I love that damn knife.

It's a cool look.
Yeah, I feel like the drifter look is unique. Very simple but also iconic as it’s our introduction to the character. It also seems like it’ll pop more on the shelf versus another figure loaded up with weapons and whatnot. Undecided what I’ll do. :lol

Yeah, I feel like the drifter look is unique. Very simple but also iconic as it’s our introduction to the character. It also seems like it’ll pop more on the shelf versus another figure loaded up with weapons and whatnot. Undecided what I’ll do. :lol

Wait and see which looks better. You can always combine the two and Frankenstein your own version if people part out both figures on ebay.

I just worry that the Sly Stallone Shop one may be harder to find down the line. The Threezero one I’m sure I can decide on basically whenever.
--

Two perspectives.

If buying from the Sly Stallone shop, you're supporting the buffoonery of Nick.

If buying the 3Z figure, you're buying the alternative/from a brand that actually understands 1:6 collectors more than the Sly Stallone shop.

NOTE: 3Z have issues as well, but they don't go the buffoonery route like Nick.

Back