Stallone line - First Blood Rambo released

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
THIS has its value. I know that there are collectors with a lot of knowledge of the hobby, but I know what I am referring to with the term sensei. It has a lot to do with learning not to take "the path of least resistance". I've seen reflections of yours in a store group that could go directly against the store's supposed interests, but they are honest with collectors. That is honorable and appreciated. What follows next has nothing to do with 1/6 but with cinema, my other passion, and I always remember how Tarkovsky, one of the greatest geniuses of the seventh art, was considered by his own rulers as more or less "just an opinionated filmmaker who irks a certain segment". Sometimes the path is hard and breaks some illusions, but it is worth following it to learn.
--

Though my hobby is collecting 1:6 figures, my genre/theme for 1:6 figures are based on comic books, films, certain celebrities, appealing/beautiful women, niches, video games, the military, etc.

Moreover, I collected comic books, a variety toys, video games, etc. typical of "collectors"/"hobbyists" in general.

I don't have one specified/true discipline when it comes to 1:6 except an affinity for 1:6 female figures.

I like Sly Stallone characters from films (i.e., Cobra, Rambo, etc.), but it's not an absolute like say Ash Williams from Evil Dead where the character truly means something to those who appreciate/respect the character as a pop culture icon in the same way some may view Stallone's Cobra, Rambo, etc.

Oh yes, you read that correctly: 1/18 scale RAMBO!!!

It's the only scale they work in, though I'm not mad at that, ha! They've done ALIENS, Predator, Robocop, some DC figures, King Kong, Godzilla, Judge Dredd (comic), and now, I present to you:

View attachment 560093
--

Yay.

A 1:18 John Rambo figure that'll kill all the 1:18 GI JOE & COBRA figures using their own vehicles and weapons against them except for Snake Eyes & Storm Shadow.

;) :p

I’m surprised he’s actually showcasing this on his YouTube channel. It’s like he wants people to buy this. Maybe he needs money. :lol

--

A 1:18 Rambo line?

HMMM . . .

Why not a 1:12 RAMBO line?
Neca have done 2 first blood figures and a couple of rambos in 1:12.
Not great likenesses or paint but not bad.
I welcome any scale even 3.75.
I want the stallone shop one to be as good as promised but dont trust that nick guy. Nothing is perfection ..nothing!

Neca have done 2 first blood figures and a couple of rambos in 1:12.
Not great likenesses or paint but not bad.
I welcome any scale even 3.75.
I want the stallone shop one to be as good as promised but dont trust that nick guy. Nothing is perfection ..nothing!
I've got 'em (pic below)!

(Passed on their First Blood: Part II, though, as that torso joint + face sculpt-combo was off-putting, sadly... Also passed on their Force of Freedom variant. Was extremely bummed they cancelled the Night Assault version in the black tanktop & headband, though!! :( )

1643853158379.png

The First Blood ones are decent - like you said: likeness is not 100% there, but both looks are iconic, so I scooped 'em while I had the chance.

Seeing HIYA Toys previous/current offerings has made me VERY optimistic for the 1:18 RAMBO line. They had some isolated issues with fragility reported in the past but apparently have switched factories/improved processes with new releases! Would LOVE to see them run with it through the entire series of films.

Last edited:
Nick is a superb example of how to ruin a product before it is made available to the masses and never be held accountable because the blame will be placed on the consumers for not understanding and being too demanding/picky.
You gotta give him credit for being positive though and maybe we are being too hasty, a year is a long time and things could change.
"They've nailed it" and " its perfection"
Those are bold claims and I have no reason not to believe him.

I've got 'em (pic below)!

(Passed on their First Blood: Part II, though, as that torso joint + face sculpt-combo was off-putting, sadly... Also passed on their Force of Freedom variant. Was extremely bummed they cancelled the Night Assault version in the black tanktop & headband, though!! :( )

View attachment 560098

The First Blood ones are decent - like you said: likeness is not 100% there, but both looks are iconic, so I scooped 'em while I had the chance.

Seeing HIYA Toys previous/current offerings has made me VERY optimistic for the 1:18 RAMBO line. They had some isolated issues with fragility reported in the past but apparently have switched factories/improved processes with new releases! Would LOVE to see them run with it through the entire series of films.
Very nice rambo video standee and display. I only have the neca m60 version. Those figures jumped up in price very quickly. Have seen a repaint on the rambo part 2 figure, came out pretty nice.
Weird they use that translucent plastic for the skin, looks much better repainted. As for smaller scales I dont really want to start collecting anymore scales than 1/6 but good to see and might make an exception. Alien and aliens id be interested in.

Oh yes, you read that correctly: 1/18 scale RAMBO!!!

It's the only scale they work in, though I'm not mad at that, ha! They've done ALIENS, Predator, Robocop, some DC figures, King Kong, Godzilla, Judge Dredd (comic), and now, I present to you:

View attachment 560093

Whoa, what's with all the Rambo resurgence and merchandise lately?

Anyway, not too familiar with this company. I wish Storm collectibles or Mafex would make Rambo and Rocky instead.

You gotta give him credit for being positive though and maybe we are being too hasty, a year is a long time and things could change.
"They've nailed it" and " its perfection"
Those are bold claims and I have no reason not to believe him.
--

His positivity is not going to make me happy if the final production sucks and I'm out a deposit/purchase price in terms value for the money.

I have no reasons to believe Nick.

A pending review of a prototype sample and not an actual/real production sample along with litany of questions, etc. doesn't instill confidence or credibility.

If I'm proven wrong in the end, I'm fine with that.

Very nice rambo video standee and display. I only have the neca m60 version. Those figures jumped up in price very quickly. Have seen a repaint on the rambo part 2 figure, came out pretty nice.
Weird they use that translucent plastic for the skin, looks much better repainted. As for smaller scales I dont really want to start collecting anymore scales than 1/6 but good to see and might make an exception. Alien and aliens id be interested in.

Thanks! (That video store counter standee was a lucky find!)

Yeah, the translucent plastic is very odd - I feel like they were trying something new to see if it stuck... glad it didn't!

I know it's niche, but I honestly love 3.75" (1:18) and HIYA does them right with a ton of articulation. Their Predator figs are great as are all the ALIEN variants... Their DC Injustice line, while not my cup of tea, was still a great interpretation of known comic characters. Robocop also looks spot-on (not that that's a difficult one to nail).

Whoa, what's with all the Rambo resurgence and merchandise lately?

Anyway, not too familiar with this company. I wish Storm collectibles or Mafex would make Rambo and Rocky instead.

I too wish Storm or Mafex would tackle 80s icons... Even Kaiyodo, though they lean towards the heavily-stylized take on characters.

Scrolling through HIYA's offerings, I've got a healthy amount of faith when RAMBO hits - plus, they're priced right around $20 USD - something I will not complain about!

@MaulFan - Facebook only, though I follow their other socials.

Call me crazy, but a 1:18 line from them is likely my most anticipated collectible for 2022!
(Especially with their promise of a "series"!!!)

If nothing else, I would just love for 1 Rambo from all 5 films. The one thing I've wanted most in my collection since the days of the Hot Toys line was a complete figural representation of the series, ideally from one company. Hot Toys only did 1-3, Enterbay only did 3, Sideshow only did 2, NECA only did 1 and 2, ThreeZero is only at 1 and 3 so far.

Back