Stallone line - First Blood Rambo released

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
From what I know they are making a certain amount of figures, I didn't know about the 45 day pre order window. If that's the case I guess it's because if it doesn't sell out they will probably only make the amount that they have sold within that 45 day window and don't want to be left with stock to sell on the website once it releases.
Maybe all this about the 45-day window to preorder etc. is a strategy to test the market. A second batch with international distribution and special attention to 1/6 hardcore collectors (as should have been planned from the beginning) would not be ruled out if sales are not as expected.

Then they stooped so low as to insult my 10 year old daughter.
This is very disgusting and borders on the crime of harassment. I would recommend you rethink your Facebook privacy policy (who can see your posts and who can't), at least to try to protect your daughter from the eyes of certain people. I know that it shouldn't be this way but, unfortunately, social networks have also become a kind of cesspool where all the subhuman garbage ends up.

Edit and add: I've also seen videos of fellow collectors doing reviews with their kids, but keeping them out of the picture. That is, the image shows the figure and and you can see the hands, hear the voices and feel the reactions, but you can't see the faces of the protagonists. The result is also nice, and offers additional protection for the little ones. Listen, what happened to you has affected me especially because I'm also a father, and I hope you don't mind me telling you these possibilities. I'm only doing it because maybe it's an option you can consider to protect your daughter a little more, without giving up sharing your common passion for the hobby publicly.

Last edited:
Very entertaining thread, but unfortunate set of events. Shouldnt have to resort to bringing in kids. Khai not too kool.
So after reading this whole thread the story so far is....
The original sculptor vimal left or was replaced.
The factory produced a sample no where near what was advertised, as shown by nick, big suprise.
The tailoring looks different, proto was gee wiz and the factory version of course looks lesser quality. The knife has 12 teeth instead of 14 and it and the dog tags look cheap.
The kaustic plastik team sent samples of their rocy releases to nick and all reviews on you tube of the unliscensed figures suddenly vannished. Ok unliscensed and now working together great, progress.
Then take 2 years to produce what?
Why take preorders if its been worked on for 2 years and the proto and in hand figure are very different? Ok we expect some drop in quality but come on looks like garbage.
The artwork makes little sense as the mugshot would have been taken at the end of the film where he didnt have the m65 jacket.
If you look on slystallone site you can buy prints of the box art for a pretty penny.
Just seems its all about revenue and not a thought for detail or accuracy.
Nick will get loads of his celeb friends to buy up all the stock and resell on ebay later probably for triple and they will sell, because some people just want the brand whatever the product.
Also sly endorses it and does an unboxing but again does not show the figure in any detail, but still want all the money up front without seeing it properly.
Are we just to take whats offered and be greatfull?
Also nick is threatening anybody advertising present toys "boxer" figure with shutting down their facebook.
Again this is protecting the stallone brand and fair enough, but seems they have very little dedication to putting out an accurate or good quality figure.

As others have said this reminds me of the molecule 8 debacle. They say there is no such thing as bad publicity and upsetting a few doll collecters is par for the course.
I say if you want to support this brand its your choice but as a long time fan of stallones films, especially first blood , I wont be buying it, unless dean knights vids address all the issues raised. And he can confirm that what he is reviewing is what we the collecters expect.

The original sculptor vimal left or was replaced.
Great summary of the situation but has this fact about Vimal been confirmed? If so, I've missed that information, sorry...
The kaustic plastik team sent samples of their rocy releases to nick and all reviews on you tube of the unliscensed figures suddenly vannished.
I hadn't realized this either, unbelievable...

Not sure, there was a post very early on in this thread showing the line up of artists and he was down as sculptor.
Source from sly shop, cant confirm reason for change to inigo
I was only trying to summarise the events for people that dont want to go through 50 pages.

Attachments

• 20220201_185740.jpg
    20220201_185740.jpg
    161.6 KB · Views: 44
Not sure, there was a post very early on in this thread showing the line up of artists and he was down as sculptor.
Source from sly shop, cant confirm reason for change to inigo
I was only trying to summarise the events for people that dont want to go through 50 pages.
Right, I had forgotten that. The summary you've posted is great to remember the details, because this has been (and it seems that it will be) a long road.

Great summary of the situation but has this fact about Vimal been confirmed? If so, I've missed that information, sorry...

I hadn't realized this either, unbelievable...
Actually not all kaustik rocky reviews were removed but notable ones were dean knights and clipper kings for sure. Some others aswell but I forget who uploaded them.

So I was reading some posts on Facebook and it sounds like there’s a short pre-order window on this to cap things off. So if we don’t pre-order we just miss out? That kinda stinks if so. Not wanting to throw money at the figure until I see more in-hand reviews.

^Same here. At that price I’ll either miss out or pay a much higher price on eBay if it turns out good. So far it looks like it’ll turn out on the lower end. No offense to KP fans but I wouldn’t consider them on the higher end of the 1/6th world, still not a bad company though.

This whole thing sounds like a disaster. Not surprising, really. I met Stallone years ago (a couple decades now) when I did private security contracting — like a lot of Hollywood celebrities, he’s a piece of ****, and I refused to work for that tool. I enjoy his movies, but I couldn’t care less whether he lives or dies. He’s definitely all about his giant ego and money, just like Nick the Dick.

For those of us who don't know crap about the molecule8 situation, could someone briefly summarize what happened.
What was the lesson to be learned from that situation?

Wow, you seem to know some interesting stories! Did he treat you badly when you worked for him? It's amazing how some people can behave when they are deified...
I can’t (and won’t) go into specifics. I will say, that as a kid, like a lot of people, I used to idolize celebrities, but after working with a few “A Listers”, I found most of them to be arrogant, self-centered narcissists, who are surrounded by butt kissers and so isolated from reality, that I quickly changed my attitude towards them, and no longer see them as “heroes” — they’re just people, and not necessarily very nice people beneath the “professional facade”. I can appreciate the entertainment they provide, but I find them to mostly be over-paid organ-grinder monkeys who “play pretend” and “dress up.” The gigs were relatively ”easy” in regards to “viable threats” (since it was mostly obsessed fans), I wasn’t going to coddle them like children like their hangers-on do, or be treated like a peasant. It did, however, teach me to pay attention to a fundamental rule of the job: Don‘t get to know your clients all that well, as you may decide they‘re not worth taking a bullet for. Working for non celebrities was far more lucrative (and far more dangerous), but they were infinitely more appreciative and respectful of the safety and service provided to them and their families.

For those of us who don't know crap about the molecule8 situation, could someone briefly summarize what happened.
What was the lesson to be learned from that situation?
There was a guy who borrowed a lot of money for production from his business partner, who got the licences, and who persuaded several best sculptors that he is legit. As a company, they posted things they've been provided by artists, but there were no full prototype figures presented. They took preorders, continuously updated for better. There were delays, obviously. At some point it sounded ridiculous (like an additional piano). Finally, they produced a very badly designed Lennon with underscaled head and a questionable body and got lost with other preorders (and prototypes that artists provided).

So, paying upfront to a company that produced nothing yet is bad taste now.

a fundamental rule of the job: Don‘t get to know your clients all that well, as you may decide they‘re not worth taking a bullet for.
All my respect for your work (you definitely deserve more admiration than the "organ-grinder monkeys"), and all my respect and understanding for this rule. It is clear that there are years of experience (and bad experiences) behind this philosophy.

I can’t (and won’t) go into specifics. I will say, that as a kid, like a lot of people, I used to idolize celebrities, but after working with a few “A Listers”, I found most of them to be arrogant, self-centered narcissists, who are surrounded by butt kissers and so isolated from reality, that I quickly changed my attitude towards them, and no longer see them as “heroes” — they’re just people, and not necessarily very nice people beneath the “professional facade”. I can appreciate the entertainment they provide, but I find them to mostly be over-paid organ-grinder monkeys who “play pretend” and “dress up.” The gigs were relatively ”easy” in regards to “viable threats” (since it was mostly obsessed fans), I wasn’t going to coddle them like children like their hangers-on do, or be treated like a peasant. It did, however, teach me to pay attention to a fundamental rule of the job: Don‘t get to know your clients all that well, as you may decide they‘re not worth taking a bullet for. Working for non celebrities was far more lucrative (and far more dangerous), but they were infinitely more appreciative and respectful of the safety and service provided to them and their families.
==

I don't admire, idolize, worship, etc. ANY celebrities.

To me, they're just people with fame and money where very few are ground and the majority are not.

I would go so far as to say the lure of working on a project with Sly Stallone in an official capacity "blinded" KP, but that my opinion nothing more and nothing less.

Back