SSW LOTR ENDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Stop it please?

Good thoughts Gunner ! It is the way in which it is ending that is so bothersome .

This day i will always remember as
Live 8 and the end of SSW LOTR line.

(This is the end of all things)

My WETAholic website

wetaholicbanner.jpg

Sideshow is a business....and as a business it is always changing and evolving. I would gaurantee it was a decision by WETA to finally end the line and move on with other things.

Everyone here should realize Sideshow didn't decide to end the line to screw us. In my opinion Sideshow has been nothing but good to us through having great contests, making pieces that a majority of people have asked for, and even having key personel within the company come to this board to give us hints and most of the time make new friends. It's been one hell of a good ride with the LOTR line and who knows, we may be talking soon about "The Hobbit" license if they can work out the legal issues.

The Godfather said it the best..."It's not personal, it's just business"

Thanks Sideshow for starting my love of collecting top quality movie memorabilia!!!!!

One last comment....many friendships have been made on this board, all due to everyone's passion for collecting Sideshow LOTR collectibles.

Fine, a business....we got that....and Ending is not the issue.

I think a lot of us are questioning the quirky business/marketing production decisions!

Can you imagine a Star Wars line in which there were representations of clones and troopers and ewoks and pilots and guards and esoteric aliens from the cantina and no representation of characters like some of the major supporting cast like LANDO or YODA or C-3PO???

It is just difficult to understand and digest.
We're all just trying to work it out for ourselves and come to terms with the fact that they made what they made for reasons unbeknownst to us and that is that.
...regardless of whether or not we think it's sucks or it's just strange...

:rolleyes

I would consider the peopl at SS friends in collecting and I don't have any bad feelings towards them or Weta. I just don't understand why they couldn't get certain characters in when they when we hade several generic characters made. Its all good in the end but it still stings.

Cause they where 3 vital characters to the Trilogy. This would be like in the SW 1/4 line not making Han, Leia, and Yoda.

I think it's more like them not making Lando, Ackbar and Tarkin. But I do agree that given the anonymous characters that did get made, it's a bit odd that Faramir and Denethor aren't represented.

Yeah, I'm still feeling the sting today as well. I still can't believe that there's no Faramir, Denethor or Barad-dur. I honestly don't fathom why these wouldn't be priority with the ROTK line.
I feel like Faramir is a major character (and not a secondary character like Haldir, etc.). Especially in ROTK. He really needed a bust or statue.
Barad-dur has been such an iconic piece representing "evil" in the trilogy that I'm completely blown away by it being left out. Personally, I'd MUCH rather have Barad-dur than a prologue Sauron.
The problem with ending a line and leaving out characters is that you can't help but look back at what other pieces were released. They felt the need to release an orc overseer statue and bust but no Faramir statue or bust? Where's the logic in that?
Another thing is that some of the recent releases are just pieces that have sat around for years like Weathertop, Buckleberry Ferry, Amon Hen, Wounded Orc, and the Rohirrim bust.How is that going out with a bang? To me it almost seems like they'd just rather release items that have been sitting around rather than taking the time to create a few needed pieces to complete the line. I'm very happy Buckleberry Ferry and Amon Hen are finally being released but I think a lot of people like me were expecting new pieces. I just don't get why all of these old pieces weren't worth producing a few years ago but now are. :dunno

Yup, exactly Dave. Its just very very very odd.

After all the crap that Faramir had to put up with in the movie , I feel that he was one of the most deserving of a statue or atleast a bust . Hell , even a medallion !

worst email i ever got,can i send it back:sick

re

I find it bizarre they never made a Faramir product.:dunno

I would feel a little p***** off deep down if I were David Wenham. They can make that crap Haradrim soldier, yet not a principal character. :|

Re: re

Yeah, I know I'd be if I was him. Like someone said earlier the helm doesn't count. Nothing against helms but it just doesn't count.

I'm glad to see the line end, and I can't believe all the crying from grown men about 2 statues. I wanted to see Smeagol and Déagol in the row boat, etc., there are so many possiblites the line will never be complete and it was never meant to be. The same goes for Star Wars. To want every staute is just being "selfish", and its sad as some 'dis' SS, a company that has been so loyal and greatful to its fans, from free gifts, events, etc. For some its all about "me" and "my" needs, no loyalty, turn your back and start crying like a little girl who wants the Barbie with the convertible. Its funny reading these post of grown men crying about toy statues. Now I glad they didn't make Faramir because we dont deserve him.
Its funny because the LOTR is about a journey of friendship and loyalty and thats how I feel my relationship with SS was, and to see people start to turn on SS is like the ring taking over in a sense.
But you got to be out of your mind to think that SS is going to make every figure, and its just selfish crying that never seems to stop, from Pippin to KOTD, now there made, and now I want these, cry cry cry.
Well spell check isn't working and I'm not going to proof read this, and I'm sure I'll be getting hit with some comments, but I most likely wont be reading this topic any more as its getting old. So pm me for anything you want me to read, otherwise dont waste your time replying something to me that I probably won't read.

To sum it up once again, had a great time, I feel my statues are worth more to me now, as I expect prices should rise as these statues will be the memories that will reflect the board, Sideshow, the movie and the book.

"Lets us be rid of it once and for all"

If anything , David Wenham himself deserved to have a statue made in his likeness . And yes , most of us do want one for ourselves . So making one would serve two purposes . David would be happy , and the fans that have been asking and waiting for this statue over the years would be happy .

Viking28

Viking28 is King! What is a King without his crown? Hmmm, so I guess we will have to give you one. E-mail me to claim your Elessar Crown!

Best,
Chicky
Sideshow
:dunno

Are you a Eomer freak?

The next five freaks to post the phrase "Eomer rocks" and then to e-mail me will get an Eomer bust!

Please note: International peeps will be responsible for import fes, taxes and duties!

Chicky

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back