SSW LOTR ENDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Stop it please?

I don't think anyone's mad at SS as I doubt they have anything to do with what does and doesn't get made. It's Weta I have my beef with. :balrog :p

re

I don't think any of us are truly mad at SS just bummed. We will get over it and move on and love what we got.

Very diplomatic of you, Josh.

Spoken like a true clone: yes sir, right away. :lol

Re: re

Its that SW coming out in me :p

Just saying what I think most of the board would agree with.

re

I do not have any sense of disappointment at this news. There are far more important things in life than the longevity of a collectibles line. I would have thought the events in Philadelphia, London and elsewhere would have hit that home to some people, just where our thoughts must lie right now.

Even if they had made your beloved Barad-dur, there would have been a number of you who would have ranted and raved about some other piece(s) that they overlooked. So much for harmony and community spirit. :rolleyes

wow, look at SS trying to buy our affections with some free pieces... :thwak

make what we been asking for, for the last year... :ar

I agree that these are not life shattering moments or events. On a scale of 1-10 for that they come in at -1. Your points are not debateable at all cause you are totally correct.

However, this is a collectibles board so being able to vent and be bummed should be ok without the whole real world BS being tossed at people. People have the right to vent even to the point of beating the horse dead. That has nothing to do with community spirit or other such things.

re

That has nothing to do with community spirit or other such things.

Hmmm, the whole purpose of a place like this is to debate in relative peace and harmony collectibles each and every one us collects, and therefore has a vested interest in. When disputes flare up over idle comments that cause offence and tension, the so-called 'community spirit' suffers as a consequence; not always but sometimes. You may be able to keep your head when all about you are losing theirs...but some aren't so willing to be as tolerant.

Thats true we do have some that are really flying off the handle and need to comeback down a little.

Something we got into talking about over at Shadow and Flame.

From Brant at Sideshow: During Toy Fair

" Peoples! Relax!

There's no need for a petition, or panic, or rejoicing, depending on your current state of mind. I think Chris' comments in the chat may have been misconstrued or misunderstood...

"30 pcs left"
There are more than 30 products left to ship in 2005, including a lot of items you already know about (and probably already pre-ordered).

The line can't go on forever, and we are preparing for when things wind down. There is something special planned for the end of the SideshowWETA line.

If I'm right here are the pieces.

WOB
Pippin
Galadriel
BT Statue
KOTD
Aragorn @ The Black Gates
ML Helm
Legolas/Gimli
Orc Helm
MOS Helm
Eowyns Helm
KOTD Helm
Plaque
GHC
EC
Saurons helm
Minas Morgul
Sauron
Weathertop
BBF
Amon Hen
PJ
Mumak
Eowyn
Gothmog
SDCC Rohirrim Bust
Eomer's Helm
Merry's Helm
4 Troll Maquettes

There are 32 items in this list.

People have the right to vent even to the point of beating the horse dead. That has nothing to do with community spirit or other such things.
So thats why you get so pissed when people vent about how they dont like a statue?

re

I never win anything.:(

But I do thing that "Gandalf bronze rocks".:rock :rock

Yeah right.:lol

Thats true we do have some that are really flying off the handle and need to comeback down a little.

I seem to remember commenting that I could not see the attraction in the helms a few weeks ago and then suffering a barrage of sulking comments. You can't get uptight and touchy one minute and then tell people to chill out the next.

Yeah, I'd be really pissed if I was David Wenham. Just think of all the none character statues they have done. It just out of order not even to do a bust of him.

You really think David Wenham would care? I certainly dont think so. He's moved on from LOTR and I would say the real satisfaction for him came from being in the film and working with a cast and crew he will never forget and always will remain friends with, not caring over some diddly squat statue that represents his character. Sorry couldnt think of a better word for diddly and squat and I dont mean it in a harsh sense just the fact that he really wouldnt care too deeply I'd imagine. :dance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back