SSW LOTR ENDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You really think David Wenham would care? I certainly dont think so.

Exactly. I think actors are more worried about their next role rather than is there a 12 inch statue being made of them. I always wonder what they really think. When conventions are organised why do they turn up?

For the fans? Maybe a bit
For the money? You bet!

They are not bothered about what replicas are made of themselves. The only thing that bothers them is all the weirdos that turn up and making sure none of them develops into a stalker!

re

The only thing that bothers them is all the weirdos that turn up and making sure none of them develops into a stalker!

Hmm, there are few of them here. :p Whether they will graduate to stalker status is another matter. Should the likes of Chris et al be concerned about our friend from the mid-west, when he makes his maiden voyage to San Diego? :lol

Re: re

I was really bummed about no Faramir or Denethor even in bust form but I am over it. Now I can concentrate on getting the pieces I have missed due to so many coming at once and I do have to space mine out some....if I could just quit getting sucked into the SW stuff. :bang2

...I'm not over it!
But I guess I have to settle for the old hobbits, even though the likeness....
:x

But guess we'll survive - just need some time...

*This is the end. My only friend, the end....."
I hope Weta continues it, but by the sounds of it they've decided to end it now too. I like what's announced, we get both PJ and a Corsair in a single statue, and the last beast of middle earth.
But hey at least now I can sort out how my display's going to look....I can keep Boromir with Aragorn, Legolas, Gimli and GTW and not have to move him onto a shelf with Faramir and Denethor!
Actually I'm more bummed that I won't be getting my shrine to the Scouring of the Shire - Hobbiton factory - as I KNOW it was made, but I won't have it!

No Mouth Of Sauron, no Faramir, no Eomer, no Denethor, no Treebeard, no Hobbiton factory, no Bag-End, no Barad-Dur

And don't anyone DARE say I'm ungrateful or anything like that, I would not have spent thousands of pounds on statues, busts and environments if I didn't truly love all this stuff and the people who make them. I have a right as a loyal collector to feel at least upset that I won't see some things I would have liked. For example a Mouth Of Sauron on steed statue would have been my absolute favourite of the line. I'm just a bit shocked at the abruptedess of the end.

*Bang........fizzle*

Also, for my completist needs, the UK models line will do! SSW will be a rare and unique collectibles line I shall have in my home.

So thats why you get so pissed when people vent about how they dont like a statue?

No, I get pissed when someone starts in on saying stuff is @#%$, horrible, etc. Then goes no further than that.

I seem to remember commenting that I could not see the attraction in the helms a few weeks ago and then suffering a barrage of sulking comments. You can't get uptight and touchy one minute and then tell people to chill out the next.

I didn't give a rats ass that you said you didn't see why people collected helms. It was the way you worded your posts saying helms suck and people shouldn't collect them. Nothing on this board gets me uptight! I just laugh at the comments that are made in a negative manner:lol
-------------------------------------------------------

So what does anyone think of the list I posted above? Thats all she wrote.

It was the way you worded your posts saying helms suck and people shouldn't collect them.

When you quote people, you should quote them verbatim as this is not what I said.

What made me laugh at the time is that you were saying how good they were and then, the very next day, you were selling a load of them in the 'For sale/trade' section'. Can't have been that good after all!

Re: Are you a Eomer freak?

For some its all about "me" and "my" needs, no loyalty, turn your back and start crying like a little girl who wants the Barbie with the convertible. Its funny reading these post of grown men crying about toy statues. Now I glad they didn't make Faramir because we dont deserve him.

Read it or not, this was an idiotic post. I don't know what your collection consists of, but I would have liked to have one representation of each human character that had emotional, thinking, speaking roles. Toy statues? You might take yours off the shelf and have them romp around the room and swordfight, but I doubt the rest of us do. YOU might not deserve a Faramir, but don't speak for everyone else. Anyone that has been paying attention over the past four years is smart eoungh to know that Weta is the creator and Sideshow is the distributor...watch the Gollum dvd again. So it's Weta that gave us the big shaft, not Sideshow.

And whoever made the "real world" comment, we are all aware what the real world is thank you.

Toy statues????

These are pieces of art, not Toybiz!!

I've got to agree with Grima on this. It's not "my" needs when half the people on the board are wanting the same thing. Plus, I don't consider "loyalty" the same thing as bending over and accepting whatever I'm given. I'm very happy with the numerous great pieces Weta and SideShow have made available but you can't get angry at people that are disappointed when a few major characters are left out of the line. Especially when we've been loyal and have spend thousands of $$$$ on this line. I think it's a valid complaint.

Heart of Stone

Haven't received an e-mail with shippinginfo from Heart of Stone. PLease e-mail me a [email protected] in order to confirm your eomer prize.

c

Re: Heart of Stone

Whether they will graduate to stalker status is another matter. Should the likes of Chris et al be concerned about our friend from the mid-west, when he makes his maiden voyage to San Diego?

:rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin

I posted this over on the S&F forum and thought some of you might find it amusing also:

To paraphrase Tolkien:

Many statues that were released did not deserve to be made. And some statues that were not made deserve to be released. Can you release them to us? Then be not too eager to deal out curses in the name of justice, fearing for your own collection. Even the wise cannot see all ends. :toast

I'm just going to have to chime in with a "Bravo" for lcummins here :clap Extra points for originality and cleverness...

I now return you to your regularly scheduled "NOOOOOOOOOOOO"-ing :elef

LC that is about the best thing I've seen said regarding these ever.:bow

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back