SSC TPM Obi-Wan Kenobi Jedi Padawan

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you....yes indeed...this is a really good figure....one of my favorites....glad so many others are getting this one and enjoying it too....

Yes it is.....I've been taking various pics of this one since I got it....

Exactly yes!

Finally got young Ben out and futzed.
This figure is better than I thought.
Love the new robes, hands, feet, ex head, clothes.
The belt being plastic now does make it more durable and keeps most of the detail. Pouches being molded on helps not losing them or breaking them. Although I think the old belts still look better.
Other than the pony tail being messed the paint job is a ok by me.
I think the ex head is great.
Worst part on the figure to me is the body. May swap for a true type.
The light up saber was tried out but will stay in the parts bin with the lit saber.
In all I think this figure is worth having especially in the $125 price range and very fun to display.
ysyju9yb.jpg

I have a new shelf and pic going up for him soon.

I love who so many people have the same "it's better than I expected" reaction to this figure...it is a good one.
Despite the obvious flaws that bought down the production value of the figure it really isn't as terrible as the haters made it out to be.
I was pretty happy with the sculpt and outfit.

The only thing I thought was kinda off is the sculpt, DAYUM I really thought one of the great sculptors around here would have created a modded version of this sculpt by now, and the light up saber is kinda kitsch. Everything else about this figure is top notch...one of SSCs best.

Yeah I was really rooting for SS to get a human portrait that was unmistakably the genuine article, but while this is really good, it is just off the mark. Nevertheless, it's a mighty fine piece. The best that it will ever be perhaps.

just got this figure and its my first Sideshow Star wars figure. I noticed the white parts of his robe were not laying right out of the box. it looks like they were folded in wierd in the package so its not really sitting right in some places. What are some good ways to fix this. Can I just steam it. Also having a bit of trouble getting the arm off at the elbow to put on the light up lightsaber. I am afraid to put too much force into it and break it. Any suggestions?

Is it still possible to get the version with Obi-wan's second head? It doesn't show up among the sideshow site's details...

I really like the exclusive head way better.

I've always wanted this figure, but for some reason the neck really bugs me. It seems like it's just a tad too long. I still might track one down since everything else looks good.

This very picture might be the one to get me over that threshold of buying my first 1/6 scale figure(s). I love these two next to each other.

They are a great pair, sadly I don't have them anymore moved them on during the collection purge and rotation.

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

I just got the last one of this guy last week from Midtown Comics for $89! Not bad at that price!

@Stealth V3teran- nice pose! Mine ended up in a similar pose when I unpacked him last week. And he's next to Yoda! Great pair they are.

I've recently swapped out the default Prometheus 1.1 body of my SSC JP Obi-Wan with a TTM-18 KO(I think). The good news is that the proportions are to my liking. I only need to perform minor modifications to the wrist ports to accept Obi-Wan's alternate hand pegs.

m_ssc obi-wan fixed.jpg

However, I've run into one issue, which is finding suitable replacement booted feet or boots. The default feet for the Obi-Wan figure are over sized to my eyes. Also, the body I'm using for the figure has ball joint ankle connectors so the Prometheus peg connectors aren't compatible.

Does anyone have any suggestions for suitable replacement feet/boots?

Back