SSC TPM Obi-Wan Kenobi Jedi Padawan

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have alot of grief and bad feelings for those movies but one thing i think star wars fans can agree on was that ewan was great as obi. And hes prob the only figure from the prequels i would get. Hope HT makes him.

Yeah definitely. He was a plus point to all the films.

I hope he comes back in an obi wan film set between ROTS and ANH.

Yeah i heard that he expressed interest in that. It would be the only prequel related movie id be into.

Yeah Ewan was one of the reasons I liked the PT so much. His performance as Kenobi was spot on in each film. So much progression of the character into the Kenobi we know from the OT. I still get chills from his performance at the end of ROTS.

Hello there.
I have a question for those owning both the SSC Obi Padawan and the HT ANH Obi-Wan.

I want to use the Padawan to create a ROTS Obi that's better than the ROTS Obi by Sideshow (from circa 2007). To that aim, I'd like to use the Sideshow Padawan as base figure, then change the head (selling the original one) and use the old Obi lightsaber forearm on that base figure. I am sure you all remember that the Padawan has a similar feature, where the forearm can be switched. Problem is, as always, connector compatibility

Can anybody enlighten me? Can the HT forearm be somehow applied or adapted for a good fit on the Sideshow figure?

Thanks,
m.

It's not compatible. You'd have to swap the whole body out to use the HT light up arm or a similar HT body. SS body won't work with HT arm.

OK. Thanks... :-(
Could you please back this with some picutres? I'd like to be able to assess just how impossible to pull it is. Maybe a mod could do it, I don't know...

Do you also remember that the SS Padawan body han exchange its forearm for a lightsaber one?

If I'm then forced to buy a HT body, could I use ANY HT body with the HT arm?

Thanks,
m.

BTW, is the sideshow lightsaber forearm compatible with other, modern Sideshow bodies, like for instance the Veteran clone?

And how compatible would be the Padawan boots with a HT body? Are foot pegs from Sideshow compatible with HT bodies?

Regards,
m.

BTW, is the sideshow lightsaber forearm compatible with other, modern Sideshow bodies, like for instance the Veteran clone?

And how compatible would be the Padawan boots with a HT body? Are foot pegs from Sideshow compatible with HT bodies?

Regards,
m.

The Padawan Obi Wan saber arm detaches below the elbow which can be seen in these two pictures:

1000281-obi-wan-kenobi-jedi-padawan-005.jpg
hqdefault.jpg

The HT Obi arm detaches above the elbow and includes the elbow joint itself. The arms are not exactly the same so even if you were able to chop off/pop out the SSC arm above the elbow, not too sure it would work easily.

SSC Padawan boots (really just the feet) use the large pegs standard on SSC bodies at this point and they are not compatible with the HT bodies.

The light up saber arm from SSC is really crappy, it has only wrist rotation, no bending and it is a really odd angle/pose as well so only works for a very limited amounts of overall poses. The blade on that thing is atrocious as well, some giant tube. I like the Padawan figure overall except for the light up saber arm.

It would be cool if they made a version of him from ROTS but at this point with two Obi Wan's on my shelf, not sure I need the mid-point one.

Honestly, with the way the bodies are on the SSC, you may just want to go for the HT Obi Wan and swap out his hands with Luke's for a younger looking hand and then swap the head. It is probably easier to get the heads to swap between HT and SSC than arms/feet.

OK thanks... :-(

If I'm then forced to buy a HT body, could I use ANY HT body with the HT arm? Is the sideshow lightsaber forearm compatible with other, modern Sideshow bodies, like for instance the Veteran clone?

m.

The clones have a really skinny black body that the stocking goes over and then the armor over that (at least the three that I have). The feet and hand pegs are the same but I don't think the elbow/forearm is going to work on that body.

As far as HT bodies, I am not sure if they separate above the elbow like the saber arm does. All the saber arm connectors look the same between Obi Wan and Luke though (I don't have Kylo or Vadah),

I would not recommend trying to use the Padawan saber arm. It sucks. I want to take it off my Padawan but I need to dig out his extra parts and have not done so yet.

The clones have a really skinny black body that the stocking goes over and then the armor over that (at least the three that I have). The feet and hand pegs are the same but I don't think the elbow/forearm is going to work on that body.

As far as HT bodies, I am not sure if they separate above the elbow like the saber arm does. All the saber arm connectors look the same between Obi Wan and Luke though (I don't have Kylo or Vadah),

I would not recommend trying to use the Padawan saber arm. It sucks. I want to take it off my Padawan but I need to dig out his extra parts and have not done so yet.
Kylo with Luke's saber fits fine. I've Padawan Obi and the saber colour is not great compared to the Hot Toys.

10c4876b90a4125957b2428991f93e30.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Pretty cool figure. Have Maul pre-order, so gonna do a dio of their PM end duel. :)

cc9b8772fdb47e8f693e0602f986287d.jpg

Anyone know where you can score the exclusive HS? Would fit better than this expression.

brought this thread back from the dead. i just bought the exclusive version for 230 on Brianstoys . i think that was a good deal. should be here friday

Back