1/6 SSC Sgt. Slaughter Petition

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Should SSC make a 1/6 Sgt. Slaughter?

• Yes

Votes: 17 58.6%
  • No

Votes: 12 41.4%

• Total voters

The Skull

Super Freak
Reaction score
I not sure if this was requested before but I figured I would make it a poll, With sideshow making DC super hero's and now have a big muscle body in the works I thought now would be the right time to request a Sgt. Slaughter sixth scale figure.

I believe this figure could be a giant success and draw even more people into the line that seems to need a shot in the arm, who better than the Sarge. I don't think licensing should be an issue as there's been a bunch of gijoe figures made of him and maybe they could have Trevor Grove do the sculpt.

So what do you guys say:wave

Sgt+Slaughter.png

There are several people with customs that I doubt SSC would better. Maybe we should petition Ski to release more heads.

I could be wrong, but I'm guessing SSC's next body will be more of the same and frequently getting replaced. :dunno

There are several people with customs that I doubt SSC would better. Maybe we should petition Ski to release more heads.

I could be wrong, but I'm guessing SSC's next body will be more of the same and frequently getting replaced. :dunno

I have a custom myself with a ski head, its real cool but I would love an official release from sideshow and I'm sure a lot of other people would too. There's a lot of people who are not members of this forum who would have no way to get a ski head and further still have no idea on how to find all the parts to bash the whole figure.

I think this would be a block buster figure for sideshows gijoe line:monkey5

I have a custom myself with a ski head, its real cool but I would love an official release from sideshow and I'm sure a lot of other people would too. There's a lot of people who are not members of this forum who would have no way to get a ski head and further still have no idea on how to find all the parts to bash the whole figure.

I think this would be a block buster figure for sideshows gijoe line:monkey5

I guess I was confused because of the pic you posted of Sarge, I thought you were wanting a classic Slaughter. I don't see SSC doing that even if they were to tackle the character.

I want Snow Job, Shipwreck,Mutt,Gung-ho,Spirit,Quick Kick,Roadblock,Scarlet and any others waaaaaaaaay before a SGT Slaughter figure

I guess I was confused because of the pic you posted of Sarge, I thought you were wanting a classic Slaughter. I don't see SSC doing that even if they were to tackle the character.

I think the most wanted look for me would be the classic 1986 mail away figure look

103306396_1985-gi-joe-sgt-slaughter-complete-usa-mail-away-rare-.jpg

I want Snow Job, Shipwreck,Mutt,Gung-ho,Spirit,Quick Kick,Roadblock,Scarlet and any others waaaaaaaaay before a SGT Slaughter figure

I want those figures to but I think the line needs a boost to help it last long enough to get those figures. BTW you forgot Grunt:lecture

I'm torn on this. It could be awesome, then again, who knows what Sideshow would put out. It can go either way IMHO. Me personally, I'd rather have Ski do another run of his heads and bash my own. I think Sideshow would put out a cool looking figure, but they'd want to charge like $200 for a figure who's only accessory is a baton? But then again, I don't buy boxed figures anymore. I prefer to bash my own versions go these characters from my childhood.

I'm torn on this. It could be awesome, then again, who knows what Sideshow would put out. It can go either way IMHO. Me personally, I'd rather have Ski do another run of his heads and bash my own. I think Sideshow would put out a cool looking figure, but they'd want to charge like $200 for a figure who's only accessory is a baton? But then again, I don't buy boxed figures anymore. I prefer to bash my own versions go these characters from my childhood.

Don't get me wrong here, ski's work is awesome, big fan myself, However this is not about custom works, its about an official release of a gijoe icon, It really does lend itself to be a sdcc sideshow exclusive but can you imagine how hard it would be to get, and the aftermarket value would skyrocket:panic: I would prefer it to be a regular release so as not to be so hard to get.

Besides going on your 200 dollar price point, even if you make a bash it could easily cost about the same to bash, head would be about 60-80 and the body at at least 60 than the hat, boots and clothes and your right there.

I not sure if this was requested before but I figured I would make it a poll, With sideshow making DC super hero's and now have a big muscle body in the works I thought now would be the right time to request a Sgt. Slaughter sixth scale figure.

I believe this figure could be a giant success and draw even more people into the line that seems to need a shot in the arm, who better than the Sarge. I don't think licensing should be an issue as there's been a bunch of gijoe figures made of him and maybe they could have Trevor Grove do the sculpt.

So what do you guys say:wave

Sgt+Slaughter.png

You're like 3 years behind on this. Highly doubtful Sideshow would even consider given the complexity of Reedus' likeness rights as Slaughter. Those of us who'd want one, already have a custom one. :wave

picture.php

I got one too, but I will admit mine does not look as good as yours:(

Really awesome job on that nam:hi5: I think I'm going to rework mine now:panic:

Thanks. Mine was easy, inspired by the comic appearance. Especially with the fantastic headsculpt and EF's badass patches. Some of the guys went all out with the tank and sweatbands, really bringing the cartoon version to life.

Thanks. Mine was easy, inspired by the comic appearance. Especially with the fantastic headsculpt and EF's badass patches. Some of the guys went all out with the tank and sweatbands, really bringing the cartoon version to life.

Looks great, love that look:clap I went the cartoon route myself but my execution leaves something to be desired, I also have never been happy with the paintjob I received, I don't think its a skiman paint job, it looks like the previse owner did it themselves as I did not get from ski direct.

sgtslaugterpics010.jpg

This is as far as I got but now I'm going to strip the paint and start a fresh bash.

Looks great, love that look:clap I went the cartoon route myself but my execution leaves something to be desired, I also have never been happy with the paintjob I received, I don't think its a skiman paint job, it looks like the previse owner did it themselves as I did not get from ski direct.

sgtslaugterpics010.jpg

This is as far as I got but now I'm going to strip the paint and start a fresh bash.

He just looks like he needs a smidge of TLC. I'd maybe swap out the tank for a black one (looks better on the Kaustic and it'll hide the perky nips), get some T1000 shades, a belt for his BDUs and fire off a PM to Evilface about getting a patch for the hat. I can't really see the paint apps in the pic, but it looks like they match the bod okay.

He just looks like he needs a smidge of TLC. I'd maybe swap out the tank for a black one (looks better on the Kaustic and it'll hide the perky nips), get some T1000 shades, a belt for his BDUs and fire off a PM to Evilface about getting a patch for the hat. I can't really see the paint apps in the pic, but it looks like they match the bod okay.

Yes sir you nailed where I failed:lecture

As far as the head goes it came with a few paint chips and the overall skintone is uneven in person, these are as good of pics as my phone can take, its not horrible but just not as nice as I would like.

sgtslaughterhead007_zps52c6d4f1.jpg

sgtslaughterhead005_zps6f495924.jpg

sgtslaughterhead006_zps47bf9095.jpg

304718_476995662318335_1127367306_n.jpg

The idea is cool.. But Dave's work (HS & paint job) made kitbashing Sarge so much fun than buying an overpriced boxed set..

Doesn't WWE own the name and likeness. If so, "you got no chance" in seeing the figure anytime soon.

Yet Hasbro produced a Modern Era 3 3/4 Sgt. Slaughter (both mail away and Triple T verson) for SDCC a few years back.
I think because it was an exclusive to the event and produced in a limited run, Hasbro had a small window of opportunity to use Sgt. Slaughter's likeness without violating any contracts.

Been wondering if this can apply to thier SSC SDCC G.I.Joe Exclusive.

You're like 3 years behind on this. Highly doubtful Sideshow would even consider given the complexity of Reedus' likeness rights as Slaughter. Those of us who'd want one, already have a custom one. :wave

picture.php

Unfortunatley, I wasn't around when Skiman produced these and can't seem to get my hands on one.

I'm almost compelled to ask Ski to make a 2.0 verson of the Sarge, but I know he's slammed with his current projects.
BTW: SOLID looking Sarge you got there Nam!

Last edited:
Back