SSC General Hawk

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
doubt it, as his sleeves are rolled up... breaker?

Great minds. :lol Was just looking at Breaker on yo joe. Very easily could be him.

2breaker.jpg

That is awesome!!! Regular brown hair and the exclusive version has a second sculpt with blonde hair.

The guy in the background looks great too. Greenshirts :rock :rock Looks like Grunt to me.

Hawk 2 pack? OG & 85?

You know I'm starting to wonder that now. Both versions of Hawk were light on weapons. In fact there was only one pistol accessory (in addition to the ones sculpted to the figures) between both figures.

I wonder if they'll pull a Palpatine/Sidious and release them both as a set instead of just one figure with two outfits.

Doubt it.

Look at dusty.

Look at Duke

Both original figures were light on accessories, and sideshow managed to load them out.

I'm guessing about 6-8 hands ( 3-4 sets)
An extra M4, or m-16
Grenades ( 2-3 frag, 2-3 smoke, possibly flashbangs, and mebbie even some willie-pete)
His pistol
His helmet
Goggles
Regular boots, and action boots
Laser rifle
Some sort of backpack
Most likely a radio of some sort.

Add to that an extra headsculpt, and an alternate uniform, or an alternate top and web gear, plenty of accessories.

Oh there's no doubt that SSC's Hawk will be loaded, especially since we know that they'll be giving us the 1986 version. But the 1982 version was essentially a "vehicle driver" character who wasn't designed to use a lot of gear, much less carry it. If Hawk's hair was the same for both vintage figures I'd lean toward us getting an extra outfit to allow for both versions on one figure.

However since the 1982 version would require a second head, clothes, and possibly even another helmet (with visor instead of goggles) I'm thinking they might be more inclined to do a Palpatine-style two-pack instead. We'll see.

If SS is giving us figures from the original 13, I hope they get close to the orignal helmets and visors, goggles will not look right with those figures.

If SS is giving us figures from the original 13, I hope they get close to the orignal helmets and visors, goggles will not look right with those figures.

:lecture:lecture:lecture While the latter Joes look awesome updated with the goggles and the Mitch, I honestly think the PASGT helmets and riot-style visors would look better for the '82 Joes.

Awesome surprise

What does the second version of Hawk look like, I only remember the brown flight jacket version

Hawk looks awesome! I'm happy they're starting to stick closer to the original figures.
The one in the background I think is just a generic Greenshirt, either that or Breaker as no other Joe fits the look. Rock N' Roll has the ammo belts and Clutch has a shoulder holster.

I really, REALLY hope Sideshow doesn't shy away from these guys. There's a lot of potential to really gear them out with kit so that we can choose what to put with them and what to leave in the box. And before anybody starts with the, "they'd just look like generic military guys though," I'd argue that no more so than Dusty, Footloose or Leatherneck do.

Wow, I didnt realize that Hawk was one of the original releases, I dont remember him at all

My guess is that we get both versions and then they start to roll out teh Joe variants

I really, REALLY hope Sideshow doesn't shy away from these guys. There's a lot of potential to really gear them out with kit so that we can choose what to put with them and what to leave in the box. And before anybody starts with the, "they'd just look like generic military guys though," I'd argue that no more so than Dusty, Footloose or Leatherneck do.

I'd argue that the green shirts don't really look much like any of the military during the Korea and Vietnam wars. It's the tight fitting long sleeve pocketless pullovers that make the difference.
There's some similarities but not exactly the same. And I want quite a few in my collection.

Dusty, Footloose, and Leatherneck look more realistic, which is what I loved about them.

Oh hell yes! Hawk is a MUST OWN. Sideshow is pulling me into this line hardcore now.

Last edited:
I'd argue that the green shirts don't really look much like any of the military during the Korea and Vietnam wars. It's the tight fitting long sleeve pocketless pullovers that make the difference.
There's some similarities but not exactly the same. And I want quite a few in my collection.

Dusty, Footloose, and Leatherneck look more realistic, which is what I loved about them.

The Joe team isn't a regular unit though. For all intents and purposes, they're Special Ops so they'd wear what they wanted anyway.

Back