SSC General Hawk

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hope the other figure is the 1982 version of Hawk like Nam said. The 1986 Hawk with the leather jacket was definitely awesome but there was something about the '82 Hawk with the blond hair and silver suspenders that was so cool as a kid.
Reminds me of the night attack issue from the comic in 1983 were it ends with Hawk battling Destro on the back of the HISS tank and you're wondering which one COBRA Commander will shoot. I can't wait to see more.

You're right. Long shot, and they wouldn't tip their hand now, but SDCC 11 Exclusive? :dunno

Doubtful. I think this'll be an either/or scenario (with both the bomber jacket and commando sweater included). Though, I'm still wondering about the Land/Sea/Air clue they gave EF. Dusty would be the "land" aspect, and so is Hawk, so we're still missing the other two.

That shoulder holster is going to be sweet.

I know the original didn't come with one, but hopefully Hawk will come with an assault rifle aslo (besides the XMLR Laser Rifle). There was a great pin-up of Hawk by Mike Zeck in G.I. Joe Yearbook #3 (if I remember correctly) where he was walking in the battlefield carrying a sidearm and an M-16.

32858158.png

I swear the sculpt in the background looks like rock n roll...blonde hair and looks like a beard is there too....can anyone blow the photo closer up? its not the same head sculpt as Hawk's

I swear the sculpt in the background looks like rock n roll...blonde hair and looks like a beard is there too....can anyone blow the photo closer up? its not the same head sculpt as Hawk's

Rock 'n Roll had ammo belts though, not a Y-harness. And his hair's a bit longer than that too.

Rock 'n Roll had ammo belts though, not a Y-harness. And his hair's a bit longer than that too.

the figure looks prototype(perhaps no ammo belts yet)...but its a totally different head sculpt than Hawk...blonde and looks bearded

plus will Rock N Roll look like the 82 version or will Sideshow modernize it

the figure looks prototype(perhaps no ammo belts yet)...but its a totally different head sculpt than Hawk...blonde and looks bearded

Looks like the same HS to me. And why would they put bigassed pouches on the prototype of a figure that didn't have them to begin with? :huh

Found the pin-up I was referring to. Original uncolored and uninked art on Zeck's website.

6p5nps.jpg

Gawddamn I love me some G.I. Joe.

He does look like he has facial hair. And his sleeves are rolled up.

I know they're smart enough not to trade sick ass ammo belts for a few generic pouches.

Right?

I zoomed in and its definitely a different head sculpt...and you can least make out a Goat-T...its definitely another Joe...who? we can speculate,but I am calling Rock N Roll...we need a heavy machine gunner!

He does look like he has facial hair. And his sleeves are rolled up.

I know they're smart enough not to trade sick ass ammo belts for a few generic pouches.

Right?

I think that's the way the overhead light is hitting the headsculpt. Otherwise, the blonde mustache would stick out like the hair. Thinking about Hawk, there's really not much you could give him for an Ex. So the Ver.1 makes sense in that light.

I think that's the way the overhead light is hitting the headsculpt. Otherwise, the blonde mustache would stick out like the hair. Thinking about Hawk, there's really not much you could give him for an Ex. So the Ver.1 makes sense in that light.

thats all good,but the character behind Hawk is a different head sculpt...zoom in for yourself...Hawk looks alot like Duke

thats all good,but the character behind Hawk is a different head sculpt...zoom in for yourself...Hawk looks alot like Duke

Head is slightly more forward, but no mustache and that looks more chin than goatee:

Hawk.jpg

Don't get me wrong, I'd love for R&R to be standing right there behind Hawk, but I think that's just Version 1 Hawk, bud. But that definitely looks like Duke's noggin on the Hawk in the foreground. So you're right. 2 different sculpts, but I'm betting the one in the background will go on both.

Back