1/6 SSC Gambit Sixth Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In any event - the Sideshow figures don't pop, plus they never go the extra mile with their figures: want a Ghost Rider? Sure!....but the head won't light up. Want Luke Cage? Okay!....except he's only a mere 12" tall - out of scale with any Marvel Hot Toys.

I think the SooSoo Gambit helped put Sideshow out of the 1/6 Superhero game. I think they're now focused solely on other movie characters. Eastwood, the Crow, Lebowski, etc.
Soosoo normally eats their lunch in both price and quality, but in the case of Gambit I still think it stands on it's own, their cyclops and Magneto were good and they're getting better. They just need to up the quality to match, outside of their Gambit I'm not going to touch any future releases unlesss it's a caracter I really want, or the likeness/main features are better (like Gambit).

That said soosoo gambit is still a top tier figure, I just think sideshow managed to do what I wanted on Gambit much better.

Last edited:
In any event - the Sideshow figures don't pop, plus they never go the extra mile with their figures: want a Ghost Rider? Sure!....but the head won't light up. Want Luke Cage? Okay!....except he's only a mere 12" tall - out of scale with any Marvel Hot Toys.

I think the SooSoo Gambit helped put Sideshow out of the 1/6 Superhero game. I think they're now focused solely on other movie characters. Eastwood, the Crow, Lebowski, etc.

If I had a nickel for every time someone said "such and such put Sideshow out of the game" I'd have enough nickels to buy a Sideshow figure.

People keep slaggging them, but SSC keeps releasing figures, people said "Oh, they're done with Star Wars" then they put out Clone Wars figures ... "oh they're done with superhero figures" ... with SDCC/Sideshow Con around the corner, that's a very presumptuous statement.

If I had a nickel for every time someone said "such and such put Sideshow out of the game" I'd have enough nickels to buy a Sideshow figure.

People keep slaggging them, but SSC keeps releasing figures, people said "Oh, they're done with Star Wars" then they put out Clone Wars figures ... "oh they're done with superhero figures" ... with SDCC/Sideshow Con around the corner, that's a very presumptuous statement.
Isn't that what forums are for?

My strict opinion yes, but I always base them on logical thought and trends that I have observed about a company or industry.

I have the soosoo version and still want the sideshow for what that’s worth. I do like the portrait with the long hair from sideshow the most out of all the portraits/hair options from both figures.

It's a great figure minus the feet if you get a bad one, but the coat, headsculpt, hands, and boots are worth that price. The chest i s alright, but could be better and the minimal clothing besdies all that is mediocre (the shirt and pants). That said this is probably going to be teh best Gambi we get in this scale especially if you don't like the SooSoo version.

Get it if you love gambit but hate pleather.
I ended up making the purchase. Actually picked him up for $130 shipped with coupons, free shipping, and rewards. Gambit was always my favorite X-Men as a kid in the early and mid 90s, so I had to have him in my collection.

After watching the reviews for both the SSC and SooSoo figure, there was more I liked about the SSC figure. I love the coat on this one with the tailoring. The hands, effects, and the bow staff all seem better to me. The hair sculpts seem more detailed and better constructed as well, especiallythe longer hair. I do like the style of the shorter hair piece on the SooSoo and the vest better. Plus I'm sure the body underneath is constructed better than SSC.

Personally I like both headsculpts. The SSC sculpt reminds me of something that Julie Bell or Boris Valejo would have painted for a card. The SooSoo sculpt reminds me a little more of the 90s cartoon look. I wouldn't mind picking up the SooSoo down the road as well if they ever run another batch.

I ended up making the purchase. Actually picked him up for $130 shipped with coupons, free shipping, and rewards. Gambit was always my favorite X-Men as a kid in the early and mid 90s, so I had to have him in my collection.

After watching the reviews for both the SSC and SooSoo figure, there was more I liked about the SSC figure. I love the coat on this one with the tailoring. The hands, effects, and the bow staff all seem better to me. The hair sculpts seem more detailed and better constructed as well, especiallythe longer hair. I do like the style of the shorter hair piece on the SooSoo and the vest better. Plus I'm sure the body underneath is constructed better than SSC.

Personally I like both headsculpts. The SSC sculpt reminds me of something that Julie Bell or Boris Valejo would have painted for a card. The SooSoo sculpt reminds me a little more of the 90s cartoon look. I wouldn't mind picking up the SooSoo down the road as well if they ever run another batch.
I personally think the hands and effects are better on soo soo as well as the face paint, but I think we agree on everything else. I'm glads you like it! As a Gambit fan myself I couldn't not get it, I did however complain to sideshow about the price versus quality of the figure and pointed out the flaws of it as well as where other companies beat them. I dunno if they'lll listen but maybe if enough of us do they might.

Take some pics of him if you got the time, it's always nice to see more pics of this dude!

I personally think the hands and effects are better on soo soo as well as the face paint, but I think we agree on everything else. I'm glads you like it! As a Gambit fan myself I couldn't not get it, I did however complain to sideshow about the price versus quality of the figure and pointed out the flaws of it as well as where other companies beat them. I dunno if they'lll listen but maybe if enough of us do they might.

Take some pics of him if you got the time, it's always nice to see more pics of this dude!

I haven't seen the SooSoo in person to really compare the face paint quality, but I really enjoy both. I think SSC has gotten a bad wrap for this figure it doesn't fully deserve. The ankle ball joint issue they definitely do for that. That's their biggest issue, as they shouldn't be having all these qc issues on every release. They have lost the trust because of that. The Marvel comic line is an awesome line, but all these issues really drown what could be celebrated.

I 100% agree about the prices for their 1/6 scale. They don't have to have the likeness rights of an actor, and the don't have the same quality to run at the same price as Hot Toys. I think $195-$210 makes most sense as they still have the Marvel license for it. I feel great only paying $130 but if I would have paid full price, probably not so much.

Only reason I like the other hands better is with how they are painted. They didn't do the glove part just only black as it has the opening on the back of the hand. I think you can't go wrong with either figure. I just wish SooSoo would have made a few more than 450. I will definitely get some pictures of him posted soon!

Of course they are now offering a 25% discount on this through tomorrow. Could have got him another $26 cheaper than I did since I used a 15% off. Oh well. If anyone else is thinking about getting him, nows the time.

Of course they are now offering a 25% discount on this through tomorrow. Could have got him another $26 cheaper than I did since I used a 15% off. Oh well. If anyone else is thinking about getting him, nows the time.

Is there a code? I only see 10% off.

Even more reason to hold off on their Clone Wars figures. They’ll be on deep discount like this.

After the code it's $212 after tax. The code ends the 24th at 11:59pm pst.

Thanks, snagged one for myself. $212 shipped is a pretty good price.

I told myself I'd never buy from Sideshow due to my dislike of their various business practices, but I guess in this case I'm voting with my wallet ... I'll only buy your discounted stuff. :lol

Couldn't resist Gambit at that price. Came out to $198 for me due to the little bit of RPs I had. All the money I saved on Wolverine, Cyclops and now Gambit will basically go towards Magneto whenever I find one given how much he goes for on the aftermarket 😧

Couldn't resist Gambit at that price. Came out to $198 for me due to the little bit of RPs I had. All the money I saved on Wolverine, Cyclops and now Gambit will basically go towards Magneto whenever I find one given how much he goes for on the aftermarket 😧
Yeah, it doesn't seem like too many Magentos pop up for sell. Hopefully they continue with these 90s versions.

Yeah, it doesn't seem like too many Magentos pop up for sell. Hopefully they continue with these 90s versions.
Yea, I’m a little surprised we didn’t get at least 1 comic marvel/Xmen and one comic DC figure reveal at SDCC from them. While true, their comic lines aren’t perfect, I tend to still enjoy the figures in the end.

Gambit arrive today! Some will think I’m crazy but I really do like this more than the SooSooToys one (which I still have). The headsculpt for the SooSoo does fit in this body but it sits a little low so I will need to fix the neck joint to use it properly, but yea, really glad to have jumped on this at that sale price.

I will say I like the long hair on the sideshow better but the short hair on the SooSoo. Headsculpt paint is also better on SooSoo but if I had to choose only one of these to own, I’d go with the Sideshow. Happy to have this in the collection. Now just need to eventually hunt down a very inflated priced Magneto

41994314-372C-4CE6-BA4F-E7396A332B73.jpeg

Back