1/6 SSC Gambit Sixth Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Car interior leather protector should be enough. I use Meguiar's for a higher shine and Armor-All for lower shine. Haven't had a problem with my pleather pieces yet since using. I apply it with a small-ish art paint brush

20220129_133643.jpg

@highlander1 Had a similar issue with mine and had to have Sideshow replace him. Just couldn't keep his left foot attached. The slightest adjustment and it'd fall off. Happy to say his replacement is perfect!

@highlander1 Had a similar issue with mine and had to have Sideshow replace him. Just couldn't keep his left foot attached. The slightest adjustment and it'd fall off. Happy to say his replacement is perfect!
Did they also ask you to send your figure in? I wound up doiing the same since I love the figure, but I don't love the foot issue. If it keeps up I might just replace the body entirely.

Did they also ask you to send your figure in? I wound up doiing the same since I love the figure, but I don't love the foot issue. If it keeps up I might just replace the body entirely.
Yeah. Anytime I've ever had to do a return with Sideshow, they request the whole figure be sent back. Sometimes it's odd but if that's what they prefer, so be it.

Yeah. Anytime I've ever had to do a return with Sideshow, they request the whole figure be sent back. Sometimes it's odd but if that's what they prefer, so be it.
That's interesting. Any time I've had a defective piece, they've just asked me to destroy that piece only with picture proof and they'd send a new one. I've never had to send a full figure back to them.

Thinking about picking this one up with the free shipping and discount going on. Plus I have some reward points that will put it at $145 after ship and taxes. Wondering if I should make the move or hold on to the points.

Thinking about picking this one up with the free shipping and discount going on. Plus I have some reward points that will put it at $145 after ship and taxes. Wondering if I should make the move or hold on to the points.
It's a great figure minus the feet if you get a bad one, but the coat, headsculpt, hands, and boots are worth that price. The chest i s alright, but could be better and the minimal clothing besdies all that is mediocre (the shirt and pants). That said this is probably going to be teh best Gambi we get in this scale especially if you don't like the SooSoo version.

Get it if you love gambit but hate pleather.

Man having that long haired sculpt really saved this figure (based on pics). Saw it displayed at my local comic shop with the short haired version and it looked sooo bad imo.

It's a great figure minus the feet if you get a bad one, but the coat, headsculpt, hands, and boots are worth that price. The chest i s alright, but could be better and the minimal clothing besdies all that is mediocre (the shirt and pants). That said this is probably going to be teh best Gambi we get in this scale especially if you don't like the SooSoo version.

Get it if you love gambit but hate pleather.
How can one not like the SooSoo version? By the way - not entire sure but the SooSoo coat may not be pleather.

How can one not like the SooSoo version? By the way - not entire sure but the SooSoo coat may not be pleather.
The face sculpt likeness, while way better painted, looks worse. The build for the body is entirely too muscular for Gambit. The coat is absolutely pleather, not a single 12 inch figure I know of uses real leather especially a chinese bootleg operation.

There's a lot to like about soosoo gambit and sideshow, but for gambit accuracy I would say sideshow's closer if a lower quality and with goofy ears.

The face sculpt likeness, while way better painted, looks worse. The build for the body is entirely too muscular for Gambit. The coat is absolutely pleather, not a single 12 inch figure I know of uses real leather especially a chinese bootleg operation.
I would think so too, but...it's nicely worn without any sort of tearing that would come with pleather - and anyone that has had the pleasure of opening this gem is hit with the odor of leather...the kind that Ron Burgundy would be impressed by (not in book form).

I would think so too, but...it's nicely worn without any sort of tearing that would come with pleather
It's a visual effect you can just produce like that, I've seen thrift store pleather PU jackets with "weathering" on them. There is no way it's real.

In any event - the Sideshow figures don't pop, plus they never go the extra mile with their figures: want a Ghost Rider? Sure!....but the head won't light up. Want Luke Cage? Okay!....except he's only a mere 12" tall - out of scale with any Marvel Hot Toys.

I think the SooSoo Gambit helped put Sideshow out of the 1/6 Superhero game. I think they're now focused solely on other movie characters. Eastwood, the Crow, Lebowski, etc.

Back