1/6 SSC Gambit Sixth Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh.. Remy is raised in New Orleans, so he's a Creole? But he's also said to have Louisiana heritage, which made him a Cajun.. I am confused XD

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220123-012331_Google.jpg
    Screenshot_20220123-012331_Google.jpg
    150.1 KB · Views: 36
Remy is a Cajun because that's what Marvel says he is. Few Cajuns settled in New Orleans but not many. I can easily see Remy being Cajun, he definitely looks like one.

Remy is a Cajun because that's what Marvel says he is. Few Cajuns settled in New Orleans but not many. I can easily see Remy being Cajun, he definitely looks like one.
Well noted!
Thanks for the info.. as an Asian who lives in the other side of the world, the whole thing was confusing back then. :) (y)

I remember in the comics Remy has a lot of Creole friends.

Remy's adopted by cajuns in the thieves guild in the New Orleans area, he is a cajun in that he's lived with the culture all his life and is one by proxy. His actual heritage was never covered, but it's implied he's somehow Mr.Sinister's kid or related to him somehow.

AFAIK they always hint at it, but never go all in on it.

Remy's adopted by cajuns in the thieves guild in the New Orleans area, he is a cajun in that he's lived with the culture all his life and is one by proxy. His actual heritage was never covered, but it's implied he's somehow Mr.Sinister's kid or related to him somehow.

AFAIK they always hint at it, but never go all in on it.
Claremont intended him to be the third Summers brothers, but then the idea is abandoned and the third bro goes to Vulcan.

Claremont intended him to be the third Summers brothers, but then the idea is abandoned and the third bro goes to Vulcan.
I know he was intended ot be a bad guy from the word go but everybody loved Gambit enough that they wound up retconing a lot of it. I know him and Sinister had a lot of intended history, and he goes to him to get parts of his brain removed when he starts being able to do his new sun thing again, but did they ever touch on it? I read most of his solo runs and minis but as far as sinister goes, he's only ever a creepy uncle from what I remember.

I know he was intended ot be a bad guy from the word go but everybody loved Gambit enough that they wound up retconing a lot of it. I know him and Sinister had a lot of intended history, and he goes to him to get parts of his brain removed when he starts being able to do his new sun thing again, but did they ever touch on it? I read most of his solo runs and minis but as far as sinister goes, he's only ever a creepy uncle from what I remember.
Yes, he owe Sinister for removing part of his brain so he will not be the Omega level mutant "the New Sun" and endangered everybody on earth. He paid the debt by showing Sinister the location of the Morlock tunnel, and it ends up terribly with the morlock mutants being slaughtered by Victor Creed and the marauders.

That's all about the New Sun thing, and his relationship with Sinister.. it's considered done.

One thing that people tend to forget is the other scary dark power that Gambit still have.. he is able to switch to his "Death" persona, due to him being one of Apocalypse's four horsemen. It's actually pretty deadly persona, even though not as scary as the New Sun.

Damn, this figure is wicked. I feel like I probably missed the boat. Does anyone know any reputable shops that still have him in stock?

Damn, this figure is wicked. I feel like I probably missed the boat. Does anyone know any reputable shops that still have him in stock?
sideshow gambit? he's still obtainable, the Soo soo toys was limited to 500 so you might only be able to get him on ebay, or waiting for another run, or another version if they even do it

sideshow gambit? he's still obtainable, the Soo soo toys was limited to 500 so you might only be able to get him on ebay, or waiting for another run, or another version if they even do it
Sorry, I meant the Soo Soo version. Forgot what thread I was in.
Looks like I'll be waiting for another run then.

Gambit had one of the coolest backstory when I used to read comics.
For the longest time, his background was a secret. The X-men didnt even know his full name. They just knew him as Remy.

In the future, The X-men are dead, betrayed by one of their own.
The Mutant Bishop went to talk to a figure called the "The Witness" who was said to be the last person to see the X-men alive. The Witness' name is Lebeau.
When Bishop Time Travel to the past where he ended up meeting the X-men, when he finally met Gambit, he was shocked as he looked like "The Witness".
Bishop revealed Gambit's last name as Lebeau, and told the X-men that he thinks Gambit aka, the witness is the one that betrays the X-men.
Gambit, upset that Bishop revealed his true name ended up fighting Bishop.
The fight was eventually de-escalated, but Bishop didnt trust Gambit. So even when Bishop became an X-men, and he ends up fighting alongside Gambit, he didnt fully trust him.

Professor X who is also the greatest telepath, was also surprised, as Gambit was able to block him from reading his thoughts.
So for the longest time reading the comics, he was a mystery, you were not really sure whether Gambit could be trusted. Is he a friend or foe of the X-men?
He's also a player that uses women all the time, and as Irony will have it, he finally falls in love to a girl he couldnt touch...Rogue.

Great work as always. I'm planning to do the same when I get mine. Is that the M33 body? I'm thinking of using the body suit of the SS one, due to fear of the pleather suit on the Sosoo degrading over time. Btw, what did you use to cover the neck?

Great work as always. I'm planning to do the same when I get mine. Is that the M33 body? I'm thinking of using the body suit of the SS one, due to fear of the pleather suit on the Sosoo degrading over time. Btw, what did you use to cover the neck?
Hi onethousandmasks
Thanks my friend. I used the M32 body for mine. I think you'll not have any problem sing the M33. For the neck cover. i used and neck sleeve from the black mask figure. I had ordered extra from monkey depot. Any black sleeve would work though.

With the instances of some confusing the SSC & Soosoo Gambit discussion thread, I'll post the following.

Will the real 1:6 Gambit please stand up and not deteriorate with a break down of the outfit or possible paint degradation within the next 18 months or longer please while still retaining and hopefully increasing the secondary market value if sold loose or still MIB/NRFB?

Thank you.

With the instances of some confusing the SSC & Soosoo Gambit discussion thread, I'll post the following.

Will the real 1:6 Gambit please stand up and not deteriorate with a break down of the outfit or possible paint degradation within the next 18 months or longer please while still retaining and hopefully increasing the secondary market value if sold loose or still MIB/NRFB?

Thank you.
Maybe the pleather coat can be scraped off to keep it lookin good?

Back