1/6 SSC Gambit Sixth Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hope so too, the obiwan comment worries me, it's nto a huge deal, but I would have to replace theentire body for full ROM, and that would kinda suck. I love teh cloth coat with the paisley pattern over the pleather soosoo one.

Seems a lot of their 1/6 figures that were meant to be released before the end of the year have been pushed back. Gambit, C-3PO, R2-D2, General Grevious, Mythos Boba Fett and Han Solo in Carbonite all have been pushed back. Some say Nov-Dec but I’m sure that’ll probably change again once November is over

Seems a lot of their 1/6 figures that were meant to be released before the end of the year have been pushed back. Gambit, C-3PO, R2-D2, General Grevious, Mythos Boba Fett and Han Solo in Carbonite all have been pushed back. Some say Nov-Dec but I’m sure that’ll probably change again once November is over
I imagine we'll get a couple of those in november, and a couple more in december, but we won't know which ones until the time comes, I guess. Dying for Gambit though, was hoping they'd hit him once I saw Cyclops and the con pics made me super excited.

Yup, same. I hate that I missed out on Magneto as I wasn't collecting the line at the time. But like you, I love the paisley patterned lining and the fabric coat on Gambit. Don't have to worry about future cracking or flaking. And I think the thinner material lays better here.

I just hope we also get some females like Rogue and Jean at the very least.

Received an email that it's delayed Dec-Jan as an expected time to arrive in their warehouse. Arrive??? Isn't it YOUR product Sideshow?
Rip, same, I hope it's Christmass early
Yup, same. I hate that I missed out on Magneto as I wasn't collecting the line at the time. But like you, I love the paisley patterned lining and the fabric coat on Gambit. Don't have to worry about future cracking or flaking. And I think the thinner material lays better here.

I just hope we also get some females like Rogue and Jean at the very least.
Yeah, and depending on what artists or runs you liked, the cloth trench is more accurate.

Shame you missed out on mags, hope you got him on the aftermarket.

Received an email that it's delayed Dec-Jan as an expected time to arrive in their warehouse. Arrive??? Isn't it YOUR product Sideshow?
I mean, they might be Sideshow's products but they aren't made in America. So they still have to take the long boat ride from overseas just like HT or any other current 1/6 figure company. So, with that said, yes "arrive" :lol
Yeah, and depending on what artists or runs you liked, the cloth trench is more accurate.

Shame you missed out on mags, hope you got him on the aftermarket.
Yea, it sucks that I missed out on him, but I'm not tooooo concerned. He's not a priority and since he goes for so much these days (usually at or over $300), I'll just have to get him when I have extra money to put towards this line. Right now, I'm more focused on catching back up on some Assassin's Creed figures I had to let go of a couple years ago and those are expensive now too :slap

Sideshow just put a quick unboxing youtube vid of this guy. Looking pretty good, hands looks amazing, face looked a bit shiney in some parts but could have been the lighting. Just wish the staff was die cast that would have made it worth the price point. Arm Articulation looked great with the jacket too.

You wont until its released. They just released their nightwing but Gambit was after. I imagine they will release homelander and superboy next, maybe they batgirl too before gambit but who knows. They are not forthcoming with info since they almost shut down a while back
Anybody know the status of the soosoo toys Gambit?
I PO'ed that awhile back and still havent heard anything.

That looks good. Think I'm gonna just stick with my SooSoo version though. Not 100% a fan of how Sideshows version looks overall. Might grab the pants and jacket once parted though and combine the two.

1_f32f3396-9f54-49e9-89cc-e3fea0255add_1024x1024@2x.jpg

That looks good. Think I'm gonna just stick with my SooSoo version though. Not 100% a fan of how Sideshows version looks overall. Might grab the pants and jacket once parted though and combine the two.

1_f32f3396-9f54-49e9-89cc-e3fea0255add_1024x1024@2x.jpg
The SooSoo Toys version is miles better. The Sideshow one his face looks all goofy with those big 'ol ears!

The SooSoo Toys version is miles better. The Sideshow one his face looks all goofy with those big 'ol ears!
Very weird expression as well. He looks like he's confused or is thinking of something? The quality of Sideshows production also isn't good as usual.

Unsharp and sloppy looking hair. Bunch of messy white seam edges all over it. The hair looks like it's made out of chocolate.

qCJqZcz.png
vuajpHO.png

I don't know if the Soosoo version will look as sharp in hand. I do love their coat and the chest outright blows sideshow's out. I also prefer their shin armor over sideshow's But I prefer Sideshow's headsculpt. That's the narrow faced handsome gambit I know and the classic cut reminds me of Claremont's era more even if it looks better with the modern hair.

The pleather looks sharp and the overall design of the coat looks a tad better than the cloth in some ways, I think it's mostly due to the metal used and that crisp weathering, but durabiity wise sideshow's will probably edge it out.

There's great reasons to get both honestly, I can't say one is better than the other, but sideshow really needs to step up their game if they're gonna charge this much when this is their competition.

Back