1/6 SSC Gambit Sixth Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Considering many of the pics show he's got more than a 90degree elbow bend, I'd say he's probably got the same arms as Cyclops/Flash/Punisher and not the muscular arms that Batman/Magneto/Superman have.
Yeah, good catch.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk

Yeah, good catch.

Yea, as long as it's not the weird accordion/centipede body they used on Dardevil, Ghost Rider and Joker, I'm good :lol I'm still trying to figure out a way to mod the muscular arms to get a little more than a 90 degree bend without ruining it the aesthetic. I have a spare set of muscular arms I want to use for Cyclops to get rid of his skinny arms, but need to get a greater range of motion so his hands can still reach the visor w/o looking awkward.

For almost any figure with a tailored jacket, it's generally best to assume the arms are going to be less muscular...

Yea well unfortunately tell that to the folks who ordered the second or third run of Mythos Obiwan. The original body had the skinnier arms with full range of motion that allowed for some great poses, yet for some bizarre reason Sideshow randomly changed the body to the slightly more muscular Indy/Snake Plissken/Nathan Drake body which only has the 90degree bend. Sad part is, they didn't mention anything to anyone about the change and have conveniently removed all pics of the figure that show the original articulation. Decisions like that make no sense and that sorta thing is what makes folks weary of ordering their products. So who knows what we will get when this figure actually releases :lol

Last edited:
So who knows what we will get when this figure actually releases :lol

I thought you might be able to tell what body it is by the number of POA they state in their specs, but they don't even do that ... so there really is no way to tell. :slap

Yea well unfortunately tell that to the folks who ordered the second or third run of Mythos Obiwan. l

I don't really understand the comparison. I agree, ****** move to change the body for the re-run, but Obi's robes are loose fitting. The reason they tend to use skinnier arms in a case like gambit, is that the coat (like Cyclops) is a little more form fitting. So they use skinnier arms to be able to get the coat on or off, as well as articulation with the coat on. But as you mentioned, who knows?

I don't really understand the comparison. I agree, ****** move to change the body for the re-run, but Obi's robes are loose fitting. The reason they tend to use skinnier arms in a case like gambit, is that the coat (like Cyclops) is a little more form fitting. So they use skinnier arms to be able to get the coat on or off, as well as articulation with the coat on. But as you mentioned, who knows?

Apologies for going off on a side, but I guess my whole point was that it is not safe to assume anything when it comes to Sideshow. What might seem logical to us (such as using the thinner arms for Gambit due to the coat or in the case of Obiwan, to reuse the same original body), Sideshow could decide something completely illogical for the production run.

With that said, I still think Sideshow needs to develop better articulated muscular arms that are double jointed at the elbow with a bicep swivel like what HT has done for the Cavill Superman and Batfleck figures, rather than their current 90degree elbow bend offering

Last edited:
Sideshow actually looks more realistic in those shots. except that Sideshow one looks more like some cosplay guy.
Does anyone know how well SooSooToys is at getting their figures released on time? The Cajun Card Dealer is supposed to be out in October…any news?

Does anyone know how well SooSooToys is at getting their figures released on time? The Cajun Card Dealer is supposed to be out in October…any news?
Yeah, good question. I was just wondering that the other day. This and their Homelander are the first 3rd party orders I've ever made, so I'm curious about how their release works.

Hmm, a month later, but worth a bump.

Anyone know what's going on with SST's Cajun Card Dealer? :unsure:

Hmm, a month later, but worth a bump.

Anyone know what's going on with SST's Cajun Card Dealer? :unsure:
SST release schedule seems to be completely random from what I can tell. Their nightwing has been on pre order for a while before the Boys figures but already have Billy Butcher. They dont respond to messages either so it is just a waiting game to see what they release next. I think either Nightwing or Homelander will be next though

sideshow's Gambit should be coming any day now , can't wait, I feel bad for anybody who doesn't get the non derp hair thoug.

sideshow's Gambit should be coming any day now , can't wait, I feel bad for anybody who doesn't get the non derp hair thoug.
There's no exclusive so everyone gets both hair-sculpts.

Have notices been going out though? B/c release looks to have been pushed back to Nov-Dec. I plan on getting mine from AlterEgo depending on how the final product looks. I have $100 in RPs over there I plan on using

Have notices been going out though? B/c release looks to have been pushed back to Nov-Dec. I plan on getting mine from AlterEgo depending on how the final product looks. I have $100 in RPs over there I plan on using
you sure about that? According to the website the "deluxe" version is only available to sideshow and it gets the extra hair witha few extra hands.

you sure about that? According to the website the "deluxe" version is only available to sideshow and it gets the extra hair witha few extra hands.
Yes I’m very sure about that. Nowhere in the product page says those items are exclusive to sideshow nor does it say the “deluxe” is exclusive to sideshow. And on top of that, go to any other retailer website like BigBadToyStore, Alter Ego Comics, and Timewalker Toys and you’ll see they all are selling the exact “Deluxe” figure you see on Sideshow’s website and they all come with the same things no matter where you buy from. They’re calling it Deluxe b/c it comes with more than the other figures in the Xmen line-up, but there’s nothing exclusive about ordering it directly from Sideshow than anywhere else. It’s very similar to their ROTJ Luke Skywalker that was also a Deluxe figure b/c it came with enough for every look he had in the film, but it had no exclusive item(s) that were only available by ordering from Sideshow. Btw, I’m not trying to come off as combative at all, just trying to explain why/how there’s no exclusive for this figure :peace

Last edited:

I think it's coming out next month at the earliest. I have mine on flex pay, and my last payment is due in November.

Back