1/6 SSC Gambit Sixth Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow, as someone who does NOT purchase third-party figures I've gotta say this SooSooToys version of Gambit has me salivating! Quite possibly my favorite X-Men character...I've gotta pre-order this bad boy!!!

I've never ordered from KGHobby before...how is their customer service? Also since I've never ordered third-party before, what is the likelihood the final product will end up looking like the proto photos they've released? Because we all know I can be quite the critic If I receive anything less! :lol

Also how is KGHobby when it comes to cancellations (in case the final product ends up being a stinker)? Do they just keep your pre-order money or would they refund? Moreover, is there any other vendor to purchase from besides KGHobby? And are Asian companies the only ones to buy SST Gambit from or would an American company be selling it as well?

Thanks in advance! :clap

I've ordered a couple of pieces from KGHobby... both pieces showed up fine, shipping was fine (cost and time elapsed - I'm in Canada), and the products were exactly as expected. But because everything was fine, and these were products already seen in-hand, I never had to use their Customer Service or cancellation policy so I can't comment.
As far as the likelihood of the final product looking like the protos? It's fair to say that's a gamble with almost all 1/6 figs, regardless of manufacturer. The RECENT Sideshow figs have turned out exactly like the prototypes, but that doesn't mean they will continue to do so going forward.
The SooSoo could turn out great! Or maybe not. Tough to tell...

Wow, as someone who does NOT purchase third-party figures I've gotta say this SooSooToys version of Gambit has me salivating! Quite possibly my favorite X-Men character...I've gotta pre-order this bad boy!!!

I've never ordered from KGHobby before...how is their customer service? Also since I've never ordered third-party before, what is the likelihood the final product will end up looking like the proto photos they've released? Because we all know I can be quite the critic If I receive anything less! :lol

Also how is KGHobby when it comes to cancellations (in case the final product ends up being a stinker)? Do they just keep your pre-order money or would they refund? Moreover, is there any other vendor to purchase from besides KGHobby? And are Asian companies the only ones to buy SST Gambit from or would an American company be selling it as well?

Thanks in advance! :clap

As a once soosoo toys nay sayer, their last couple of figures have been just like the protos. Gambit has a good chance. As for cancellations, all these stores think they can make their own rules yet take PayPal as the same time. They have everyone deluded into thinking that they can keep your money if you don't want the figure anymore because they're stuck with the figure if you don't pay for it. Yeah... because there wouldn't be 10 people lined up on release day to take the figure if you passed. It's a big joke and has been going on far too long. If you really wanted your pre-order money back, you just have to file a claim before 180 days on paypal.

I've ordered a couple of pieces from KGHobby... both pieces showed up fine, shipping was fine (cost and time elapsed - I'm in Canada), and the products were exactly as expected. But because everything was fine, and these were products already seen in-hand, I never had to use their Customer Service or cancellation policy so I can't comment.
As far as the likelihood of the final product looking like the protos? It's fair to say that's a gamble with almost all 1/6 figs, regardless of manufacturer. The RECENT Sideshow figs have turned out exactly like the prototypes, but that doesn't mean they will continue to do so going forward.
The SooSoo could turn out great! Or maybe not. Tough to tell...

As a once soosoo toys nay sayer, their last couple of figures have been just like the protos. Gambit has a good chance. As for cancellations, all these stores think they can make their own rules yet take PayPal as the same time. They have everyone deluded into thinking that they can keep your money if you don't want the figure anymore because they're stuck with the figure if you don't pay for it. Yeah... because there wouldn't be 10 people lined up on release day to take the figure if you passed. It's a big joke and has been going on far too long. If you really wanted your pre-order money back, you just have to file a claim before 180 days on paypal.

Appreciate the insight guys! I've seen the name "KGHobby" pop up many times on this forum that I guess they are reputable enough that I can trust patronizing them.

I guess I'll keep my fingers crossed that SST puts out a final product exactly the same or at least very similar to the proto! :pray:

So I've decided I'm gonna preorder with KGHobby!

Anyways just signed up for an account and was pleasantly surprised to find out that by doing so I earned reward points! My question to people who have purchased from KGHobby before, am I allowed to immediately use the reward points for my preorder? And would it also be possible for me to apply the points later on for the remainder of my preorder later?

UPDATE: I just said "f it" and preordered on KGHobby...I did some research and they were easily the cheapest option around. Shipping to US will probably be around $20 or so, which is still a decent overall price.

Gonna be looking forward to this figure...my first 3rd party, unlicensed figure! :yess:

UPDATE: I just said "f it" and preordered on KGHobby...I did some research and they were easily the cheapest option around. Shipping to US will probably be around $20 or so, which is still a decent overall price.

Gonna be looking forward to this figure...my first 3rd party, unlicensed figure! :yess:

Congratulations, sounds like a great situation, I hope you like the figure!!

Like you I have never ordered from a 3rd party before but I couple of days ago I decided to order the Omniscient by Toys Era.

Congratulations, sounds like a great situation, I hope you like the figure!!

Like you I have never ordered from a 3rd party before but I couple of days ago I decided to order the Omniscient by Toys Era.

Nice!

I usually could care less about 3rd party figs...but with Gambit being my fav X-Men and with the proto images looking wayyyy better than the Sideshow version, it was clearly a no-brainer! So I really hope like the figure too!

I was initially moderately excited for SSC Gambit. The facial expression isn?t as bland as Wolverine or Cyclops but it still never gave off a badass rebel vibe or looks like it will lend itself well to dynamic posing. So far that?s been my biggest criticism of the SSC line; the figured look as if they?re simply made to stand in museum poses and that?s just not my display style. I want my shelves to look like front cover comic art with characters leaping in all directions. The illusion of capturing movement is very important to me.

All things considered, SooSoo?s design choices are far more up my alley.
Comparison pic-
8EB1656F-2674-4E54-AE90-5C3FEDF2C617.jpeg
Hair- SST has a dynamic, windswept swoosh. SSC looks lifeless in comparison; a bit like an iced gem.
Face- SST appears rugged, determined and the creases and crinkles hint at a history of hardship. The higher cheek coverage and more angular lines on the face mask also add to his more heroic appearance. SSC has an awkward semi smile which doesn?t convey any cockiness. He looks soft and the ears and similarities to Stiffler can?t be unseen. SSC seem struggle with mouths and lips.
The chest piece- SST takes the less angled approach here to give a more naturalistic, muscular appearance. It seems less like an armoured plate and more like a space aged protective sheet for the buff body underneath and it looks unrestrictive. The hexagonal details really liven it up and give it that extra dab of realism/movie magic.
SSC is unmistakably a flat, unmoving piece of armour and I find it a little on the bland side but enjoy the neck piece and simple is in keeping with the line?s aesthetic. It seems to have a sculpted belly button as well so looks like they want to give Bat-nips a run for their money.
Pants/Trousers- SST has gone pleather- this holds up well in my climate so not a concern- what I do prefer is the more prominent purple blocks. I?ve heard these be compared to charging bars so I like to imagine they have a practical purpose in enabling Gambit to channel and store his kinetic blasts. I may even ideally like these details to be raised more so it looks like they are some sort of tech.
SSC will potentially have greater leg articulation and longevity with their material.
Boots- SST look a bit more weathered and the shoe part is more heavy duty like some serious armour. SSC has a more integrated design but the shoe part looks like a spray painted boot. It?s too smooth.
Jacket- SST has the exaggerated collar and lapel which lends some serious swag to Gambit and, most importantly, includes the ?rippled? stitched details which I just really enjoy and was sad to see no sign of with SSC. Leather seems more Gambit to me as well so I think their decision here is more appropriate. It looks lived.
SSC will no doubt have fantastic tailoring and the inner lining is beautiful but that?s not really something anyone thought they wanted until they saw it and ultimately won?t be that visible. Quality wise it?ll win but I?d prefer it to look more like waxed cotton than pure cloth so it has some sheen and creasing. The whole SSC look is too clean and polished like it?s all freshly bought items which is lending to that cosplayer vibe.

I?m buying both so am definitely not trying to talk myself away from the SSC version. SooSoo have just happen to have produced a Gambit far more suited to my ideals. All that remains to be seen is how the final product comes out.

To me, Sideshow’s Gambit looks more like a real person in very good Cosplay, whereas SooSoo’s Gambit is more like an idealized comic superhero brought to life. Sideshow’s figure uses human proportions and more practical materials and tailoring, whereas SooSoo’s uses superhero proportions and tailoring/materials that probably wouldn’t translate as well in real world applications. Neither approach is right or wrong, it just comes down to each company’s creative direction choice. Collectors who want a more real world take may be drawn to Sideshow’s figure, and those who prefer the comic/fantasy take may prefer SooSoo’s. Just like there are multiple options when it comes to comic statues, it’s great to have more choices for 1/6-scale comic figures. Hopefully both lines do well and we see a lot more character announcements in the coming months.

Although it’s possibly Wolverine or Cyclops might be the more likely candidates, if SooSoo announces Rogue next, they should show the two figures together because that will set the tone for how the males and females in the line will configure and display together. Even though their Psylocke was a cool looking figure, I passed on it because I had stopped collecting figures from the Fox X-Men movies. However I think they will end up releasing a comic Psylocke since it will probably only require a few tweaks and a new portrait (which ideally would look more Japanese, have more purple in her hair, and include a second portrait with a ponytail). I also wonder if they will go with different proportions for their comic females.

Last edited:
I actually prefer the slight smirk of the SSC version.... so far, the Cyclops and Tiger Wolverine have pretty stoic expressions, so I like a slight smirk on Gambit.

BOY... people on this forum have watched a hell of a lot more American Pie than I have. Even with the comparison pics, I don't see that Stiffler guy when I look at the pics of the figs, but maybe because he isn't someone I've watched enough of to recognize?

Honestly, I'm probably getting both. I've already ordered the Soo Soo version due to its limited nature (maybe? Lol) , but I'm gunna get the sideshow as well.

For me the coat is a toss up. Personally, I interpreted it as similar to K's coat from 2049. More of a laminated weatherproofed cotton than leather.

My main issues with the soo soo version are the chest piece and pants. Not a fan of the shiny material of the pants and while the chest piece has cool detail, I prefer the less modern looking SST piece.

So, noob here...
Missed out on Mags. :gah:
I've got Tiger-Stripe Wolverine and got a Cyclops on the way. :rock
And I'm torn between SSC and SST Gambit. :huh

I see it's been awhile, and HK Hobby no longer has him...
Any thoughts on a reputable vendor otherwise for SST?

I am afraid SooSoo will look out of place with the other sideshow pieces. Regardless, I have both on pre-order.

However, I think the Toys Era comic Juggernaut will look perfect with the Sideshow stuff.

I wonder if this figure is using the regular arms or the skinny arms? Can't really tell from the promo shots. I kind of want to see if I can get a hold of the coat when this releases so I can do a custom Batman with my spare SS Batman body. That figure has the normal arms, though, so if this one has skinny arms the cost may not fit.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk

I wonder if this figure is using the regular arms or the skinny arms? Can't really tell from the promo shots. I kind of want to see if I can get a hold of the coat when this releases so I can do a custom Batman with my spare SS Batman body. That figure has the normal arms, though, so if this one has skinny arms the cost may not fit.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk

Considering many of the pics show he's got more than a 90degree elbow bend, I'd say he's probably got the same arms as Cyclops/Flash/Punisher and not the muscular arms that Batman/Magneto/Superman have.

Back