SSC Duke 12 inch figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
SDC13193.jpg

Two of Sideshow's best. :rock:rock:rock

Is it just me or did you mod that Vader dome?

while cool,Vader looks like a posable premium format figure...he wasnt that big in the film...good greif

Got mine today and just took about an hour and a half futzing and getting his gear on. Definitely one of the best figures SS has put out to date. First impressions: I like the sculpt and all the gear. The only gripes I can find are that it seems like he has too much gear, as I didn't find anywhere to put his water bottle, the velcro tags are going to be a nightmare after a little dust/lint gets on him, and the buckle (?) thing on his goggles broke when I tried to adjust the strap. The XCR he comes with is probably the coolest gun SS has ever produced a scale model of. The rail sighting, the fact that everything slides around or flips up or changes out... amazing. I wanted to use the rail-mounted foregrip but he has no clenched left hand to hold it! Anyhow and amazing entry into the only sixth scale line I'm still into. Keep 'em comin, Sideshow. This figure earned my $120.:clap

Got mine today and just took about an hour and a half futzing and getting his gear on. Definitely one of the best figures SS has put out to date. First impressions: I like the sculpt and all the gear. The only gripes I can find are that it seems like he has too much gear, as I didn't find anywhere to put his water bottle, the velcro tags are going to be a nightmare after a little dust/lint gets on him, and the buckle (?) thing on his goggles broke when I tried to adjust the strap. The XCR he comes with is probably the coolest gun SS has ever produced a scale model of. The rail sighting, the fact that everything slides around or flips up or changes out... amazing. I wanted to use the rail-mounted foregrip but he has no clenched left hand to hold it! Anyhow and amazing entry into the only sixth scale line I'm still into. Keep 'em comin, Sideshow. This figure earned my $120.:clap

Why the hell would someone _____ about getting "too much gear?" :dunno

If you can't find a place for the bottle, shove it in his go-bag.

Here's a couple of pics of my modded Duke. I'm thinking of adding bare hands like Khev did too.

TimberSEDukeSS.jpg

SEDukeSS.jpg

Off topic for a second...that Snake Eyes is bada$$, that's how I wished he looked out of the box. I have him posed next to Duke, and that only emphasizes how small and sleight Snakes looks. I've never changed bodies or modded a figure, but I really am tempted to do so to get Snakes to look the way he does in some of the pics in the Snake Eyes thread. Just a little intimidated in taking off all the gear/rigging etc.

Back on topic...Snakes and Storm Shadow have always been my favorite G.I. Joe characters, but I have to say, Duke is the best Sideshow G.I. Joe figure so far, IMO (anxiously waiting for both Firefly and Beachhead, though). The initial pictures here didn’t impress me, but as others have stated already, you actually have the figure in hand as pictures don’t do the figure justice. And to agree with Nam, you really can’t complain that he comes with too much gear…that’s a great luxury to have.

Duke’s XCR is awesome, and the fact that you can choose to have the fore grip or the under mounted grenade launcher is sweet. Quick question: I’ve found that even with the rifle sling extend all the way, I can’t get it to go around Dukes neck and shoulder. Any suggestions (I guess I could pop off his head)?

As for the rest of his gear, I attached his water bottle to the back of his rucksack by unscrewing the top, looping it around one of the lower drawstrings, and tightening the top back up. Not ideal, but it did in a pinch. I also shoved the laser rifle in the opening of his rucksack so that the stock sticks out.

Last edited:
Hey now, never said too much gear was a bad thing... I just give a lot more credit when toys can stow all their pieces/parts by design.

I got the sling over his shoulder and neck by undoing it at the buckle, wrappinf it around and re-threading the strap. At first I was going to just have it on his arm, but I didn't like how it looked and it kept snagging his right patch. It looks much more practical around both neck and shoulder, imho.

EDIT: after how well Duke came out SE bothers me too. I'm thinking I might steal the gray Firefly head when he comes out along with Duke's goggles so he'll have a more proportionate noggin.

okay...did anybody else have a hard time keeping his goggles on his helmet??? seems like the most simple thing to do and I can't get it done....

okay...did anybody else have a hard time keeping his goggles on his helmet??? seems like the most simple thing to do and I can't get it done....

Yep, it kept on slipping. I had to put the buckle on the rear of the elastic strap under the bottom of the back of the helmet.

guess I'm gonna be the only one to display Duke without his helmet because the strap on his goggles just popped out on one side....man I suck..

Yep, it kept on slipping. I had to put the buckle on the rear of the elastic strap under the bottom of the back of the helmet.

That's what I did. I'm pretty sure everybody else is doing that too, since there's no way it will stay in place otherwise.

Back