SSC Duke 12 inch figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i'll confess to really wanting Duke, but I'm waiting it out til closer to $75 from Gohastings or elsewhere. I'd pick him up if I had a nice GC. Hook a brotha up!

i think thats all voodu economics, personally. The cost of refrigerators, plastic hampers, televisions, coffee makers, tshirts, socks, jeans and most other things made of plastic or fabric aren't getting more expensive.

Oil is going up. Plastic, being made from it, goes up as well. No voodoo involved. Just greedy oil people. And the wages in China increasing is a sign of the times as well. Sadly, we live in this world where businesses actually need to turn profits and can't make ____ for free, so the cost is assumed by the customers. :huh :lol

Oil is going up. Plastic, being made from it, goes up as well. No voodoo involved. Just greedy oil people. And the wages in China increasing is a sign of the times as well. Sadly, we live in this world where businesses actually need to turn profits and can't make ____ for free, so the cost is assumed by the customers. :huh :lol

I dont know, Im with Prog on this one. Oil is the same price its been for the past three years, if not cheaper, and Chinese labour, they went from 5 cents an hour to 6??

I would say SS actual in house costs went up, not their overseas costs

I dont know, Im with Prog on this one. Oil is the same price its been for the past three years, if not cheaper, and Chinese labour, they went from 5 cents an hour to 6??

I would say SS actual in house costs went up, not their overseas costs

AWESOME!!!! What're the gas prices in Never Never Land these days? :lol

i still say its all voodoo.

oil prices fluxuate on a whim of the oil companies, not for anything proven.

A hurricane comes or a tanker is late to port and the prices suddenly inflate, yet a gazillion gallons get leaked into the gulf and no price increases. There's no logic behind prices of oil and little tie between toy costs and oil prices. Oil was up just 2 years ago and people said thats why SSC was raising prices and now oil is cheaper, but SSC prices didn't go down. So that disproves that direct tie and why is the toy industry seeing these price increases and not all plastic goods? Plastic storage bins are insanely cheap right now.

Its not cut and dry, supply and demand economics.

i still say its all voodoo.

oil prices fluxuate on a whim of the oil companies, not for anything proven.

A hurricane comes or a tanker is late to port and the prices suddenly inflate, yet a gazillion gallons get leaked into the gulf and no price increases. There's no logic behind prices of oil and little tie between toy costs and oil prices. Oil was up just 2 years ago and people said thats why SSC was raising prices and now oil is cheaper, but SSC prices didn't go down. So that disproves that direct tie and why is the toy industry seeing these price increases and not all plastic goods? Plastic storage bins are insanely cheap right now.

Its not cut and dry, supply and demand economics.

Not disagreeing. OPEC determines prices based on their moods. But when the price goes up, everything else does. And I don't see China saying, "Sideshow, cost of oil go down. You price go down. We make you more cheap toy." Likely the factories don't lower the price and go higher when oil is higher. Look at what Hasbro's charging now for 3 3/4" figures. $10 a pop.

I have to wonder if Sideshow isn't seeing Medicom selling their 20.00 figures for 150.00 and thinking "Hey!...".

Not disagreeing. OPEC determines prices based on their moods. But when the price goes up, everything else does. And I don't see China saying, "Sideshow, cost of oil go down. You price go down. We make you more cheap toy." Likely the factories don't lower the price and go higher when oil is higher. Look at what Hasbro's charging now for 3 3/4" figures. $10 a pop.

I picture this guy

1244516159_470x353_the-hangover-mr-chow.jpg

Its companies, whether SSC or the Chinese factories, charging what they can charge. Which isn't a bad thing.

I just don't think its raw material cost driven. Which means that if SSC had to, they probably have some wiggle room to lower prices, if orders sink below whatever their magic threshold is.

Back