SSC Beachhead

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Beach Head Teaser/Preview

I'm sure, somewhere (like backwoods Arkansas), there's a hillbilly girl smiling with almost all her front teeth saying, "Gawsh mawma, he sure is on' hamdsomer fellah!"

haha.:lol
putting a reversed Yankee cap on beach head makes an instant fred durst bash, IMO.:monkey2
<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/Cb24kLd459Y&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/Cb24kLd459Y&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

:lol

And we thought Snake Eyes was the one that needed the mask.

I love this line from the blurb on comicsalliance.com:

For one reason or another, Beachhead just never takes that mask off - and now, thanks to Sideshow Collectibles, we know why.

:lol

:lol That's a good one. I've got to say though after seeing each of the unmasked Joe's headsculpts my first reaction wasn't "OMG, these are awesome!!!" The fact of the matter is that their expressions grew on me, they take some getting used to. It's always been the same with Sideshow's "made-up" portraits all the way back to the Bayonets & Barbed Wire series. I think they add so much to the figure.

well, since he sold out, I'd say that they are pleasing a lot of Joe fans (myself included) with their direction.

Have to agree. SS is doing a really solid job of making Gi Joe both interesting and worth it to us who have been fans for a while and to those who may just becoming fans.

Ordered, and happy with the exclusive. They are taking creative license to this line, and i'm liking that.

Ordered, and happy with the exclusive. They are taking creative license to this line, and i'm liking that.

Funny, I am quite the opposite. I love the figures that they don't take a creative license. Beach Head looks amazing. Easily the best in the line next Storm Shadow. So far, there seems to be more winners than duds. Which is good. I just wish the dud was not someone like Firefly. Why are they putting there code names on the velcro name tags?

I'm more with drbrad. I can appreciate taking license with something when it really isn't very important to the character--say, giving them slightly different weapons, or a slightly different camo pattern, or a wacky face to an almost always masked character. But I still strongly disagree with the Firefly decision. That is straying way too far from the ARAH roots.

I meant creative license as in interesting weapons, modern gear approach, and exclusives like this unmasked Beach Head one. I like that they are somewhat different from the 3 3/4" original stuff/cartoon/comics, but also close enough that you can easily see the character is the same.

...is what i meant.

I ordered Beachhead-he rocks. I am still shaking my head about Firefly. I keep checking the SS site to see if they slipped in a new pic of the updated mask.

I ordered Beachhead-he rocks. I am still shaking my head about Firefly. I keep checking the SS site to see if they slipped in a new pic of the updated mask.

:lecture

Like I said before, after seeing how perfect Beachhead turned out I'm even more baffled by their version of Firefly and how far of the reservation they went with one of the most iconic RAH characters. :confused:

But this Beachhead figure is a total grandslam homerun. I think this may be the best 1:6 figure Sideshow has made to date. Not just JOE, I mean ever. No hyperbole. I'm serious. This is the first time I've seen a 1:6 figure of theirs and felt it was truly on par with Hot Toys & co, from the headsculpt(s) to the cut & sew to the amazing detail to value. A toast to Sideshow! :duff

I was never even that big a Beachhead fan, but I'm now completely jacked for this figure... because it's so freaking awesome. :rock

:lecture

Like I said before, after seeing how perfect Beachhead turned out I'm even more baffled by their version of Firefly and how far of the reservation they went with one of the most iconic RAH characters. :confused:

But this Beachhead figure is a total grandslam homerun. I think this may be the best 1:6 figure Sideshow has made to date. Not just JOE, I mean ever. No hyperbole. I'm serious. This is the first time I've seen a 1:6 figure of theirs and felt it was truly on par with Hot Toys & co, from the headsculpt(s) to the cut & sew to the amazing detail to value. A toast to Sideshow! :duff

I was never even that big a Beachhead fan, but I'm now completely jacked for this figure... because it's so freaking awesome. :rock

I totally agree. Beach Head is the maybe the best figure they have done. I still need to see it in person to make that call because Gandalf and A New Hope Ben are total homeruns too!! Those are some of my favorite figures. Beach Head is like WOW!! He is perfect head to toe. I will get the regular version of him. Again, bravo Sideshow!!

I agree! He looks really really well done. Then again I think the Joe line shows where Sideshow is at and going with their ability in the 1:6th department. I think things started off quite well with SE and you can see where they are now with Beach Head. It makes seeing these lines for me that I was a fan of as a kid coming back and being done right by those that care about it.

I meant creative license as in interesting weapons, modern gear approach, and exclusives like this unmasked Beach Head one. I like that they are somewhat different from the 3 3/4" original stuff/cartoon/comics, but also close enough that you can easily see the character is the same.

...is what i meant.

Teach it. :D

He looks awesome!

chuck.gif

I was a little late on the preorder by not being on the guarentee list--I was not sure if I wanted the figure till after it was sold out

For those who are normally buy Sideshow figures, how reliable is the waitlist program?

Chances are pretty good it will convert.

Also as a rule, preorder the item first to secure it, then decide later if you want it or not.

Chances are pretty good it will convert.

Also as a rule, preorder the item first to secure it, then decide later if you want it or not.

Thanks for the reply and you are right about deciding first.I have had my computer set on the page to preorder on the day Sideshow set upt the preorder page; when he wasn't sold out yet. After I knew that I wanted it, I went and placed an order, but the page was refreshed into the sold out page :(

How much does it cost to cancel a preorder item? Not that I will cancel BH once my preorder is secure but am wondering so that in teh future I won't have these long debates on whether or not I want to preorder

Thanks for the reply and you are right about deciding first.I have had my computer set on the page to preorder on the day Sideshow set upt the preorder page; when he wasn't sold out yet. After I knew that I wanted it, I went and placed an order, but the page was refreshed into the sold out page :(

How much does it cost to cancel a preorder item? Not that I will cancel BH once my preorder is secure but am wondering so that in teh future I won't have these long debates on whether or not I want to preorder

If you preorder with Sideshow it costs nothing to cancel; unless it's ordered on Flex Pay in which they do charge you a penalty if you cancel. If you're on a normal waitlist, you won't have to worry about charges.
They'll notify you when they convert your waitlist to a preorder and then notify you before they charge your card on file (just before the figure starts shipping). If you want to cancel when they notify you they're charging your order, you will have to call them ASAP and cancel over the phone. You can't cancel online fast enough at this point in time, phone will be the only way to cancel and they won't charge a penalty either.
However, if you decide to cancel after it ships, they will refund you the cost of the order but not the shipping.

Last edited:
Back