Megalopolis (May 17, 2024)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Everything I've read and seen makes me want to see this movie.
Apocalypse Now was a complete nightmare of a production, and it's probably the best movie ever made.

He's old school.
*sigh* ... I'm not exactly young anymore but I work with some *dinosaurs* and we still see stuff outta them that's problematic ... every single production I work on has a mandatory anti-harassment seminar in addition to the mandatory union seminars I have to pass.

I get that Coppola is old and privileged but is he *that* tone-deaf ... ??

He's 85 years old and he's maintained a level of success that essentially makes him royalty and has been that way for at least two-thirds of his life. He probably has no clue what "normal" people's lives are like, and has been insulated from that reality for decades, so I can see him being that tone-deaf.

So this movie requires someone to actually get in front of the screen and ask the character in the movie a question?

How’s that gonna work with some 16 year old cinema employee on minimum wage?

So this movie requires someone to actually get in front of the screen and ask the character in the movie a question?

How’s that gonna work with some 16 year old cinema employee on minimum wage?
1716081772503.gif

All the reviews, even ones that "like" it say the same things - it's mad, bonkers, crazy, frustrating, nonsensical, storylines that open and are never closed, inconsistent and bad acting, etc, etc. Ones that don't like it, also add things like, fingernails down a chalkboard, excruciating, numbing, baffling, laughable...

I watched the Cannes panel and I can honestly say I've never seen actors so uncomfortable in my whole life. They could barely answer the questions because they said they never felt good about their roles, but just trusted direction/guidance of the "visionary" Francis.

Sound like a self-indigent abomination.

I'm sure I'll watch it when it becomes available just as a curiosity. I'll be very surprised if it's any good though.

The last movie I found so thoroughly unwatchable I had to turn it off was "Babylon." This is giving me those same vibes.

Back