Premium Format SSC Batman PF

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Official Sideshow Batman PF

I hope I'm not as unfortunate as the first two guys. The armpit seams look absolutely dreadful. And that's by no means an exageration. A year late and this is what they're giving people. What a slap in the face.:mad:

Slightly better pics, better statue not so much.

I think I'm cancelling Supes Ex to wait for fully sculpted. Fabric has been a disaster lately and I used to only want mixed media. The days of classic Captain America pf are done. :panic: The face and belt looked great, could they not have gone to the best factory to make sure the fabric fit great on Bats too? This PF is just okay in my books but not one of their better pieces at all... not by a longshot. I mean, he's 400 dollars.

Last edited:

I hope I'm not as unfortunate as the first two guys. The armpit seams look absolutely dreadful. And that's by no means an exageration. A year late and this is what they're giving people. What a slap in the face.:mad:

Sideshow has really lost it. They used to be amazing. :gah:

It's still too early to tell, but the first pictures shown have made me a little more satisfied with having sold him for a profit. I didn't want to, but I needed the cash so I sacrificed Batman (may he rest in peace) since I knew that down the road I could just get the REG for less than retail.

Regardless of how he turns out, the fear is very much real. I'm starting to think that with the exception of the most awesome of exclusives, it might be best from now on to not preorder these statues and to instead wait until after release to see how they generally turned out.

He's looking nice in these new pics from BH

To follow up with our Chris Reeves conversation chin... I really do believe you would by this from SSC in Statue form.

BAT-TURD-BLOG.jpg

;) ;) ;)

Ps, i would put on other head but box is allready packed. But more pics will be coming soon from others soon.

It's still too early to tell, but the first pictures shown have made me a little more satisfied with having sold him for a profit. I didn't want to, but I needed the cash so I sacrificed Batman (may he rest in peace) since I knew that down the road I could just get the REG for less than retail.

Regardless of how he turns out, the fear is very much real. I'm starting to think that with the exception of the most awesome of exclusives, it might be best from now on to not preorder these statues and to instead wait until after release to see how they generally turned out.

I agree Monger. Just too much money to throw away. I think Supes Ex is getting the axe from me or I will list him on ebay and hope someone bites. I hate to do it, but it isn't looking good and this isn't exactly great quality anymore.

Ok, as long as leave my finger here... lol

It almost seems like you could pull the cloth from behind with a tweezers so it fits snugly in the pit area. Maybe...

Apparently, SSAlex had this to say:

The symbol was raised on the piece. What is occurring with these new final pieces is a shift in the costume material during shipping. People can raise the symbol up higher (where there is little to no gap between the top left hand wing of the bat ). With some gentle pull/push up on the costume (before the cape and head choice are place on the piece) one can raise the material up and viola...little to no gap. I futzed with a production piece in the office less than 30 minutes ago and achieved a no gap between bottom of the cape (were it flows onto his chest) and the top of the left bat wing. Once can try futzing to pull/push the costume up once the cape is on the piece as well but I found futzing before the cape was on easier.

Hope that helps!

i agree my wl for harley converted a few days ago and now im thinking about canceling due to it being mostly fabric

That looks great as it is. I wonder if you could just use some kind of adhesive or something to keep it like that? Seems like it should be a very simple fix.

I hate Sideshow do it yourself kits.

They've had some killer stuff lately, but man, these cloth pieces seem to be a big hassle.

Damn, that armpit is the only thing that truly bothers me...and it looks like it may be that way for all of em. I don't think its an easy fix cuz you have to get the adhesive onto the inside...how you gonna do that? So Alex says to try pulling the outfit up to fix the symbol...maybe you can pull the cloth up to fit snugger on the arms too?

I certainly hope future pics turn this around, because right now I'm completely underwhelmed. Just doesn't "pop" for me like the SDCC pics. I most dislike the neck seam around the cape, which I guess is unavoidable because of the switch out heads, but it's obvious and sticks out like a sore thumb.

Back