Premium Format SSC Batman PF

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Official Sideshow Batman PF

Well, I paid $400 for Blackbeard so I guess I can pay $400 for Batman. But if they stay at this price there won’t be too many more that I’ll buy. I’m all ready out of the 1/6 HT market because of the prices so the PF line may suffer the same fate soon.

Im going down the same road, ill get batman and superman, but that may be it for me for PF's, (i just hope they dont release an alternate Batman with different costume), the prices are just getting ridiculously out of hand (for a new PF that is, dont care what it may increase to aftermarket), HT has priced me out of the hobby, i thought the 89 Joker was too much, now the DK Rises Batman and the joker 2.0, have just made it worse. So with Shipping it will be practically $300 for 1 hot toy. nearly $500 with shipping for 1 standard PF.
Im officially being priced out of this hobby! :(

All these complaints about SP batman and I think he looks fantastic in this photo!

300131_press18.jpg
Indeed! The SP or whatever other terms coined for this portrait has received a lot of hate but I love it more than the other and am glad SS decided to include it in the package, Ex or not.

I love this piece and ordered him after I went through the gallery photos and before I went on the boards. I didn't even take notice the things everyone are nitpicking on here but I'll agree that the long ear portrait is superior than the other and the price tag is a a little steep but expected.

Batarang > print/name plate. I mean unless you want the batarang to be the center of the display, I don't see a problem where it is placed. I plan to display this piece with the bat symbol facing forward to highlight the gargoyle on the base which I was actually paying more attention to and the batarang will be fully visible.

The cape on the right shoulder. At least to me, the picture I'm being painted is batman is on top of a building on a windy night. The wind blows the cape off the right shoulder revealing his batarang wielding hand.

Other than that, the detail work on the belt is phenomenal. The mesh look on the costume was unexpected and turned out amazing. I have not liked any statue produced by SS with a clothed cape with or without wires in them. So the sculpted cape sealed the deal for me. It displays great with the DC releases so far or can be a great stand alone piece. It is a 1:4 scale Premium Format Batman.
Cool. This^^
Even though I feel that the hike in price isn't justified much, your words made me feel that I won't regret getting him.

That's your prerogative and your opinion. In the long-eared head I see touches of Giordano and Aparo with a flourish of Bianchi and Wrightson, you don't, and that's fine.
Fixed. :peace

Posted by Martín Canale over at SF.
Ummm...can't see pics :dunno

Cheers,
Neo.

Personally I prefer an idealized version of the character that pulls from all the artists, but is a slave to none of them. Although I don't know what artist has inflicted the SP face on us - the rest of the piece feels like the perfect Batman as influenced by his whole history.

Agreed 100%. Joker was Bolland inspired but not a straight Bolland piece, by including both the short ears and long ears they are really hitting many of the more popular artists of the Modern age in one shot. Personally I wish the short ears were looking down as that's the pose I like better but either way I prefer getting a set this way first and then focusing on direct artist interpretations later.

The Marvel line followed this same path where there were idealized and now we have artist specific, the DCU shouldn't be any different. Ordered the EX without question, something small like a Batarang hand might be the Doom Chalice of the DCU and I'm not missing out.

I wonder why they didn't make the ex with 2 heads only? I guess it's to make more profits by the marking up statues from the normal 350.00 to more mass produced statues at 400.00 each. So then superman and all reg dc statues will now be 400.00 each? Then the and colossus size statues will be the new 650.00 to 700.00 statues. I hope this is not a new trend. :(

I wonder why they didn't make the ex with 2 heads only? I guess it's to make more profits by the marking up statues from the normal 350.00 to more mass produced statues at 400.00 each. So then superman and all reg dc statues will now be 400.00 each? Then the and colossus size statues will be the new 650.00 to 700.00 statues. I hope this is not a new trend. :(

I don't think it's going to be all the DC PF's, probably just the Top Teir characters like Supes and Bats where they can get away with another $50 in price because of who they are. As far as larger PF's, who knows there's only a few Characters like that I can see Getting the PF treatment anyway.

Just so you know, the deposit comes off of the total price you pay, it isn't extra on top of it. So it's still $400, you just pay the first $40 as a deposit up front.

Oh ok....dont know why I thought it was extra for the deposit. Ex ordered.....:)

This is the first temptation I have had from Sideshow in a long time. This PF is just beautiful. It reminds me a bit of the Hush statue, but at a larger scale and more gritty.

Agreed 100%. Joker was Bolland inspired but not a straight Bolland piece, by including both the short ears and long ears they are really hitting many of the more popular artists of the Modern age in one shot. Personally I wish the short ears were looking down as that's the pose I like better but either way I prefer getting a set this way first and then focusing on direct artist interpretations later.

The Marvel line followed this same path where there were idealized and now we have artist specific, the DCU shouldn't be any different. Ordered the EX without question, something small like a Batarang hand might be the Doom Chalice of the DCU and I'm not missing out.

Except there will be a few thousand more Batarang hands then Chalices I imagine.

Indeed! The SP or whatever other terms coined for this portrait has received a lot of hate but I love it more than the other and am glad SS decided to include it in the package, Ex or not.

Yeah I can see why people might not like his super angry face. But the Cowl is so much better then the long eared version.

I like the long eared version also but not as much as the other. Both will spend time on display.

i love both the faces, Batman is not meant to be pretty... he beats criminals with his bare hands on a daily (nightly) basis.

Just saw all the pics for this! Looks great except for the mouth. Think the cloth suit turned out great and gives me high hopes that Superman will look awesome with a cloth suit as well

EDIT: never mind... Saw the superman teaser :thud: off to superman PF thread :lol

Back