Premium Format SSC Batman PF

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Official Sideshow Batman PF

Is it really minimal effort??? I only ask this because the whole gluing process looks like a pain and I am scared to death of ruining the piece.

Well, there is the string method that many people are happy with...looks pretty simple.

I did the glue method, and it wasn't too hard once you work up the courage to try it. I have a replacement body coming on Tuesday, and I am going to do it again without hesitation. I'll see if my wife can take a video or some pics while I do it so I can post another tutorial.

Shimming the base is easy as pie...no issue there in my opinion.

Re: Sideshow Batman PF?

I still see a lot of complaints here about the Batman PF, but I'm still very happy with mine. If anything, seeing it every day has only gotten me more excited about getting Superman. I can't wait to see them displayed together. Some people have legitimate complaints (especially if it came damaged) but after receiving the replacement pieces hopefully that will stop. How much time has to pass before it's ok to tell people that still aren't happy with it to get over it? Return it, get a refund, and wait for the next one.

I definitely feel for anyone that received theirs damaged. I was nervous opening mine after seeing all the issues some people were having with cracks, paint splotches, etc. I got really lucky with mine--no quality control issues. My armpits aren't perfect but they don't bother me at all. My wife teaches art and she usually critiques every piece i get because she has a good eye and she loves the Batman PF. It is just already getting old hearing the same people complaining about the same things. Need some more positivity about a great piece!

I ADORE my Bats... I look at him EVERYDAY and I am so HAPPY with him. I currently have him displayed with the Andy B head and the Reg hand, and he is JUST amazing. I thought for sure the Martin Canale head was the way I was going to go, but with him displayed looking down at me the Andy B head is full of all kinds of win. I honestly love this piece a little more EVERYDAY!!!

Re: Official Sideshow Batman PF

Is it really minimal effort??? I only ask this because the whole gluing process looks like a pain and I am scared to death of ruining the piece.

Dude I woul use the thread or clear rubber band ... If you aren't extremely carful the WHOLE SUIT can start to unravel at the seams, and we BOTH know you Can be unlucky when you try to FIX a statue...lol

You know, you don't have to come on these boards to get validation for your purchases. You could instead, you know, just enjoy said purchase.

Well T, he is in the Bats PF thread. He won't be the 1st or last person to gush about how much he enjoys his PF. It doesn't have to be about validation.

Will there be a chance that future batches of this statue will have better pits and base?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There will be no chance. An SSC Rep has already confirmed that all of the Bats PF are made. The only reason they are being shipped out in waves is because SSC's warehouse can't hold all 9500 Bats PFs at the same time. You may get lucky with the base. Some members here have already said that their Bats PF doesn't lean. However, the pits will look the same.

Official Sideshow Batman PF

Dude I woul use the thread or clear rubber band ... If you aren't extremely carful the WHOLE SUIT can start to unravel at the seams, and we BOTH know you Can be unlucky when you try to FIX a statue...lol

That's where I'm at this very moment. I've bought the Fabri-Tac glue and I've watched Raffas You Tube tutorial abt 50 times in the past 24 hours trying to build up my courage but still I'm a little aprehensive :( :panic: I currently have the grey thread in place on mine at the moment and it looks good to me but it's that nagging voice in the back of my head which is telling me to try it!!! :lol here is mine as it stands so it's fairly acceptable...

y8ahaqe7.jpg

Well T, he is in the Bats PF thread. He won't be the 1st or last person to gush about how much he enjoys his PF. It doesn't have to be about validation.

And it is WAY NICER to get some positivity about this AMAZING piece as well, and you are right it isn't about validation. It is simply about also sharing the love for a piece.

That's where I'm at this very moment. I've bought the Fabri-Tac glue and I've watched Raffas You Tube tutorial abt 50 times in the past 24 hours trying to build up my courage but still I'm a little aprehensive :( :panic: I currently have the grey thread in place on mine at the moment and it looks good to me but it's that nagging voice in the back of my head which is telling me to try it!!! :lol here is mine as it stands so it's fairly acceptable...

y8ahaqe7.jpg

I may not have tried it if I didn't know I had a replacement body coming.

That said, the reg is still readily available...worst case scenario and you ruin your EX, you could buy a reg and switch out the bodies.

I may not have tried it if I didn't know I had a replacement body coming.

That said, the reg is still readily available...worst case scenario and you ruin your EX, you could buy a reg and switch out the bodies.

Not worth forking out another $300 on a regular to just have a body to work on :lol if I'm gonna do it I need to be 100% sure. I've tried testing out the glue on a few old rags to get practise but on sole occasions the glue has sealed through the other side despite using a minimal amount plus the glue doesn't appear to be that strong :( hopefully your tutorial will give me more confidence

y8ahaqe7.jpg

Dude that is the SAME voice that speaks to you when you at the edge of a cliff and says " JUMP!!! You can FLY!!". I personally love how mine looks so I have NO need to try any fix. Also, and I may be being overly cautious, but I would be waiting a little longer to see if any of the fixes have any negative long term side effects. Like say the stitching unraveling because of the additional stress put on the stitches by stretching them up into a place they aren't meant to be or maybe having to redo it over and over because the glue gives out. Again I may be just being paranoid, but I would give it some time.

Not worth forking out another $300 on a regular to just have a body to work on :lol if I'm gonna do it I need to be 100% sure. I've tried testing out the glue on a few old rags to get practise but on sole occasions the glue has sealed through the other side despite using a minimal amount plus the glue doesn't appear to be that strong :( hopefully your tutorial will give me more confidence

Sme guys are picking up a glue syringe, and they are placing the glue RIGHT along the seam... I won't be dong it, but maybe you need to get the proper tools before you start. Again though, I would wait.

Sme guys are picking up a glue syringe, and they are placing the glue RIGHT along the seam... I won't be dong it, but maybe you need to get the proper tools before you start. Again though, I would wait.

Yea, I heard that too. I just love how in the videos, it's made to look so easy :lol :lol these guys are seriously talented individuals...although sometimes they say it's best to be thrown in at the deep end and just go for it!! :) I think I'll decide after a few more Jim Beams :rock

Yea, I heard that too. I just love how in the videos, it's made to look so easy :lol :lol these guys are seriously talented individuals...although sometimes they say it's best to be thrown in at the deep end and just go for it!! :) I think I'll decide after a few more Jim Beams :rock

Doing it drunk seems like an even WORSE IDEA!!!!

null_zps52e12093.gif

And it is WAY NICER to get some positivity about this AMAZING piece as well, and you are right it isn't about validation. It is simply about also sharing the love for a piece.

Well Spidey, in all honesty I have no problem if someone hates or gushes over the PF. I will say though, if you hate a PF, why do you keep coming back to the thread? What purpose does it serve to knock a PF or a person who enjoys said PF constantly? This isn't aimed at Tbolt. I really don't know if he likes the PF or not. However, there are other members that only come here to bash the PF. Their defense is that if we can constantly gush over a PF, they have the right to hate equally. Really? So in their mind, the purpose of a thread is to bash a piece if they don't like it? Anyone who doesn't agree with them are just SSC brown nosers? We are all crazy and they will constantly rip on a piece until we see the light. My other favorite reason is the old...well I know SSC reads these boards so that's why I'm always here to bash the piece. If I (and a few like minded members) raise a stink, we'll let SSC know not everyone is happy with their merch. They'll see. Well, how about sending SSC an email directly, or better yet, start a petition and get it signed by all the members who feel the same way and send it right to SSC. This way they'll know for sure their voices are heard.

When a thread is started on a certain product, can it really be a surprise that peeps are going to come here stoked about their purchases and want to share their happiness about it? Can I understand that some peeps won't like it? Of course. State your issues. However, at some point in time you have to ask yourself...why am I still in this thread if I don't like a piece? If I don't like a piece I try hard to give constructive criticism and move on. I rarely ever even go back to it because I have no intention of purchasing it. If I do go back from time to time, am I offended or mad that peeps are happy and gushing over their purchases or see things differently than I do? Certainly not. I'll just move on and go to threads of merch I enjoy and hope SSC makes another statue of the character that I'll want to add to my collection. I guess there must be something wrong with me. Besides, does anyone really think this will be the last comic PF of Batman SSC will ever make?

Well Spidey, in all honesty I have no problem if someone hates or gushes over the PF. I will say though, if you hate a PF, why do you keep coming back to the thread? What purpose does it serve to knock a PF or a person who enjoys said PF constantly? This isn't aimed at Tbolt. I really don't know if he likes the PF or not. However, there are other members that only come here to bash the PF. Their defense is that if we can constantly gush over a PF, they have the right to hate equally. Really? So in their mind, the purpose of a thread is to bash a piece if they don't like it? Anyone who doesn't agree with them are just SSC brown nosers? We are all crazy and they will constantly rip on a piece until we see the light. My other favorite reason is the old...well I know SSC reads these boards so that's why I'm always here to bash the piece. If I (and a few like minded members) raise a stink, we'll let SSC know not everyone is happy with their merch. They'll see. Well, how about sending SSC an email directly, or better yet, start a petition and get it signed by all the members who feel the same way and send it right to SSC. This way they'll know for sure their voices are heard.

When a thread is started on a certain product, can it really be a surprise that peeps are going to come here stoked about their purchases and want to share their happiness about it? Can I understand that some peeps won't like it? Of course. State your issues. However, at some point in time you have to ask yourself...why am I still in this thread if I don't like a piece? If I don't like a piece I try hard to give constructive criticism and move on. I rarely ever even go back to it because I have no intention of purchasing it. If I do go back from time to time, am I offended or mad that peeps are happy and gushing over their purchases or see things differently than I do? Certainly not. I'll just move on and go to threads of merch I enjoy and hope SSC makes another statue of the character that I'll want to add to my collection. I guess there must be something wrong with me. Besides, does anyone really think this will be the last comic PF of Batman SSC will ever make?

See this is a well adjusted view, and I wish others would just get it. I don't care if you dont like something and you come in once or even twice, and make your point and then move on. Now, if a pieces has a MASSIVELY BAD QC issue like the Psylocke PF, Rogue PF, or even the SpiderWoman PF then I GET why it is being harped on. However, the Batman PF doesn't have anywhere close to those kind issues. Now, I get how some guys who got this in hand are disappointed and I think they have the right to say so, and return him or fix him if they so choose, but those guys aren't the ones going on and on in here. It is the guys who didn't buy this who seem to be trying to justify that choice, and if they aren't doing it in here they are doing it in other threads.... It is just a little maddening really. There are pieces that others love that I hate, but I don't harp on it all over the place csi, tomato, and Snad taught me that. Why ruin the enjoyment of others just to try and make a point.

Back