Premium Format SSC Batman PF

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Official Sideshow Batman PF

Does anyone like this statue less the longer you've had it? I kinda do. The size is impressive, but apart from that.... I still like it, but I think it pales in comparison to other statues I have in detail. He is pretty plain.

Does anyone like this statue less the longer you've had it? I kinda do. The size is impressive, but apart from that.... I still like it, but I think it pales in comparison to other statues I have in detail. He is pretty plain.

This is not the case for me. I'm still blown away to have a 1/4 scale Bats of this quality in my collection. I never thought that was going to happen. So glad that SSC has the DC license. I can't wait to have Supes and WW next to him. Talk about an EPIC display.

I accidentally knocked the head off the statue, this morning.
Went diving to the floor.
So lucky there was a bag right below it which absorbed the hit.
Nothing happened but me gaining a few grey hairs.

While the batarang hand is next to impossible to remove, the heads detach way too easy.
Be careful with them.

I personally never liked it to begin with but a lot of people did so different opinions. You can always sell him for above retail while you still can. There are a lot of fans out there. I just hope your cape doesn't crack if you sell. Pack if extra careful if you can.

Word Riggs.

He actually said that right before the EX hand pierced his cheekbone.

LOL! It's a good thing he didn't get hit in the face with the bottom of the base. Then he might have seen the HUGE ES and changed his mind about the piece.

l

:lol

I probably haven't seen that film for 15 years and still instantly recognised the line and the scene it's from.

Word Rog.

That means you rule then.

lethal-weapon.jpg

My reg head has a chip. SS offered to wl for a new one or take $30. That doesn't make sense. I told him put me on the wl and if u don't get me one give me the $30.00 credit.

Re: Sideshow Batman PF?

My replacement body shipped today. Will be here Tuesday. Really hope it fits onto my base!

If not and you can't get a different one from SSC like me. You can do what I did and get the credit for it not fitting in the base. Then cut and sand down the peg to the heel of the boot so he doesn't have the peg that doesn't fit in the base. Repaint over the sanded part, so you'll have the top peg in the top of the base. Don't worry he won't tip cause of weight I already checked and there isn't any lean. Works perfect and is better than sending it back for a refund and not having the EX, if they won't give you another replacement body.

Received mine and I have to say I wasn't really blown away with the statue.
Did anyone have these issues: My cape doesn't seem to sit all the way down on the body and it leave a rather big gap between the cape and the body. Not sure if I haven't pushed it all the way down but I sure put alot of pressure on it.
I have a tear on the shoulder and there is a white powder on the ex hand where the batarang is attached to the glove. I heard that these are from the glue. I tried cleaning it but when it dries the white powder comes back. Chip on the base on one of the wings of the gargoyle and finally my styrofoam has a big hole where the base should be. The piece just fell out.
On the positive side, the headsculpt and paints for the two portraits I really like.

I think I'm still in awe of it whenever I pass by it. :lol. But the imperfections are starting to annoy me when comparing it to the proto. The left armpit, balancing issues, and especially the wing of the bat symbol peeling off. Still amazed by the fabrication of the utility belt though. Overall, I'm still impressed by it. So much so that I've decided to cancel my Ht Zod pre-order to focus on the Trinity.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think I'm still in awe of it whenever I pass by it. :lol. But the imperfections are starting to annoy me when comparing it to the proto. The left armpit, balancing issues, and especially the wing of the bat symbol peeling off. Still amazed by the fabrication of the utility belt though. Overall, I'm still impressed by it. So much so that I've decided to cancel my Ht Zod pre-order to focus on the Trinity.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did you contact SS about the logo?

Still on the fence about this one, lot of people seem just unhappy. I am a Batman fan (not huge) was wondering if you guys are happy with your purchases and if you felt like if it was worth it?

Official Sideshow Batman PF

Still on the fence about this one, lot of people seem just unhappy. I am a Batman fan (not huge) was wondering if you guys are happy with your purchases and if you felt like if it was worth it?

I really like it. The pit issue is the biggest one for me, and with a very minor amount of skill, you can fix it. There are a few ways out there to do it, so you have options. When the pits are glued in, this piece looks almost as good as the proto.

Overall, it's a very nice piece. It's huge, has nice details (utility belt, the base is nice), and let's face it...it's freaking batman!

Back