Premium Format SSC Batman PF

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Official Sideshow Batman PF

Wait list is 1/27. Anyone know a guesstimate on the odds of converting on something like this given 2k built and there is a regular??? Somewhat still new SSC world.

It looks pretty good but I wouldn't buy it personally. I know pitgate has been done to death but it really is quite glaring, in some shots it looks like his arm is sprouting from the middle of his chest! Such potential squandered and with all the delays with this piece how did it even happen?

It looks pretty good but I wouldn't buy it personally. I know pitgate has been done to death but it really is quite glaring, in some shots it looks like his arm is sprouting from the middle of his chest! Such potential squandered and with all the delays with this piece how did it even happen?

Really? That's so extreme to me. Sure I notice the difference with it fixed and not fixed, but sprouting from his chest? Have you never seen a person wear baggy clothing? Lol.

The pit actually hangs quite naturally to me, even muscle shirts have a little bit of play. Dude's gotta be able to move around :)

Really? That's so extreme to me. Sure I notice the difference with it fixed and not fixed, but sprouting from his chest? Have you never seen a person wear baggy clothing? Lol.

The pit actually hangs quite naturally to me, even muscle shirts have a little bit of play. Dude's gotta be able to move around :)

Yeah I may have exaggerated a little :) but I can see why people where annoyed when they got him after waiting so long.

Lol, no where near what your making it out to be.

Yeah I may have exaggerated a little :) but I can see why people where annoyed when they got him after waiting so long.

I have this one ... and you aren't just exaggerating a little you are blowing it completely out of proportion. Pictures do exaggerate things.

Re: Sideshow Batman PF?

The loose armpit material is a minor issue for me. Could the fabric have been pulled tighter in production to show the biceps better? Yes. Should the loose fabric be a reason to want a new body or refund? I really don't think so--and it's certainly not such a big deal that I want to try to fix it and risk doing real damage to the piece. The statue is such an overall amazing piece that I don't focus on the armpits at all when looking at it.

I completely understand wanting a replacement/refund for paint issues, cracks, and broken pieces. If my statue had arrived with any of those issues I would have called Sideshow immediately. A loose armpit doesn't warrant the uproar some people think it does. At least it didn't come with an upside down bat symbol on his chest--go ask the Iron Man LSB buyers what they think about a little loose fabric.

Re: Sideshow Batman PF?

The loose armpit material is a minor issue for me. Could the fabric have been pulled tighter in production to show the biceps better? Yes. Should the loose fabric be a reason to want a new body or refund? I really don't think so--and it's certainly not such a big deal that I want to try to fix it and risk doing real damage to the piece. The statue is such an overall amazing piece that I don't focus on the armpits at all when looking at it.

I completely understand wanting a replacement/refund for paint issues, cracks, and broken pieces. If my statue had arrived with any of those issues I would have called Sideshow immediately. A loose armpit doesn't warrant the uproar some people think it does. At least it didn't come with an upside down bat symbol on his chest--go ask the Iron Man LSB buyers what they think about a little loose fabric.

:exactly::goodpost: Honestly this piece is amazing, and while you could obsess about the armpits, I just don't see the point. Honestly, I have to wonder about the long term implications for some of the pieces that have had the various "fixes" done. I am not saying that people don't have the right to mod there OWN property, or that the mods don't look great, but I can't help but wonder if the fabric glue that is being used won't have some kind of long term impact on the material of the suit. Also, if just the act of stretching the suit up into a different location will cause additional ware and tare that we just can't foresee right now. I have to honestly wonder if those issues won't start to crop up over the next couple of months/years. I hope I am wrong though.

Yeah that's right. I got a response today for my email and will be getting a replacement EX hand because mine came broke but I had a mark on my costume that is not really visible but still bothersome bit they said they could not promise a better body so no go. They did not however offer me any refund or credit. I responded asking for a partial refund of credit towards a future order. It's not a big concern though just happy to get a replacement EX hand as one of the arm blades was broke clean off. It really is an absolutely amazing collectable that I still can't quiet believe I own. The dark face and arm pit thing are not even noticible to me. It really is fantastic. The only bad thing is it is getting hard to wait for Superman which I hope is not delayed any further. Oh and I want a Life size bust now of Batman. The toe together would be amazing.

Dude I totally missed these posts m8... Congratulations on your Bats, and I am glad that SSC is taking care of you m8. It was one hell of a ride.... and we both have Exs .... :yess:

I finally got him today and I am absolutely blown away. I consider myself a figure collector first and foremost with posing, articulation, headsculpts, and more importantly love of the character the things that I value when I collect. Thus statues and PF's weren't a medium that really appealed to me. I have only recently started to dip into quarter scale and love what Enterbay and Hot Toys have released thus far relating to the Nolan's Dark Knight trilogy. Batman is my favourite character and though Bale did a remarkable job as Batman (but not as a detective), in my heart and gut, comic Batman will always trump everything. I had my eye on this PF for a while, ordered the regular, and took a chance at the wait list when it went back up. Thank you to whoever cancelled because I finally have my grail!!

I managed to get 1818/2000 (my favourite number X 2) with just a couple noticeable flaws. The right tip of the bat decal is peeling off. The second, bad B.O.. :lol Other than that, no cracks, paint smudges, snags, or chips. The armpits on mine are not too saggy to the point where I feel that I have to do Raphael's glue mod. This statue is an absolutely imposing beast! It complete dwarfs all my other 1/4 figures! I like the look of both heads, but I absolutely love the Andy Bergholtz's long-eared head! I don't know if it's because I don't have any other PF's to compare it to or if I'm too easy to please, but I am just in awe! This guy might be the gateway drug for more PF's down the line. But because of the Canadian dollar, he's probably my last big purchase for a while. For all the nitpicking, this is still an amazing statue. I definitely recommend picking up the EX or regular if you are a Batman fan!

I tried placing him in the middle shelf of my besta, but it didn't look right to me. It had to go in the top shelf in my Batman hierarchy, which complete throws off the symmetric look.

xfnw.jpg3eq2.jpg
58w1.jpgmofd.jpg
0pnp.jpgrvsi.jpg
mxjc.jpgal63.jpg

yup, a different method. I will try to get a tutorial up as I still need to work on my piece.

Hey did you complete your mod and get a vid up? Just checking to make sure I didn't miss it. I'm pretty sure I want to try the mod on mine. I'm not worried about any post affects as Spidey cautioned.

Hey did you complete your mod and get a vid up? Just checking to make sure I didn't miss it. I'm pretty sure I want to try the mod on mine. I'm not worried about any post affects as Spidey cautioned.

i'll try to get something this weekend. depending on how the weather holds up.

Just cancelled my EX Waitlist. Dunno why...:thud: temporary insanity?! A moment I will regret forever...who knows?

I know you WILL regret that call.... He is AMAZING in person!!!

Yeah he is. After I saw the glue method its been bothering me but KingB is right about there being the possibility of additional problems I n the future. But that's my OCD. He is really awe inspiring when you're looking at him. Looks unreal

Sent from Tap Dance on Your ***

Back