Premium Format SSC Batman PF

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Official Sideshow Batman PF

1535701_579002955509386_2002647812_n.jpg

funny-batman-457.jpg

funny-batman-is-funny_o_507494.jpg

This is really a shame. Such an anticipated piece and it launches with this reaction.

Just a couple quick points. I think overall the piece looks good. The armpits bother me. Especially when seeing it next to the proto every second post. I'm concerned for when mine arrives but I'll reserve opinion for when I have it in hand.

What troubles me is that this is fabric...This isn't the work of a master painter on a proto vs some $2 an hour kid painting in a workshop where it is more understandable to curb expectation. Shouldn't fabric be simple? Isn't it precut to the exact same spec of the proto? I'm just not understanding how there can be a fabric issue.

Anyways, I'm hoping someone can lend insight into the process and how this may have come about.

Also, if you do not have this piece incoming or in hand, I ask that you don't post negative views or "thank god I cancelled" posts in the thread. It just kind of sucks the excitement of this out for me and it isn't constructive.

The fabric has some elasticity which allowed me to pull/push it up some and thus getting rid of the larger gap between the top of the left bat wing and the bottom of the cape flowing onto Batman's chest. There's not enough give in the fabric to stretch the symbol incredibly high but more than enough to lessen or zero out the empty space that exists between the cape and bat wing that is occurring.

-SideshowAlex

What about the armpit issue?

This is really a shame. Such an anticipated piece and it launches with this reaction.

Just a couple quick points. I think overall the piece looks good. The armpits bother me. Especially when seeing it next to the proto every second post. I'm concerned for when mine arrives but I'll reserve opinion for when I have it in hand.

What troubles me is that this is fabric...This isn't the work of a master painter on a proto vs some $2 an hour kid painting in a workshop where it is more understandable to curb expectation. Shouldn't fabric be simple? Isn't it precut to the exact same spec of the proto? I'm just not understanding how there can be a fabric issue.

Anyways, I'm hoping someone can lend insight into the process and how this may have come about.

Also, if you do not have this piece incoming or in hand, I ask that you don't post negative views or "thank god I cancelled" posts in the thread. It just kind of sucks the excitement of this out for me and it isn't constructive.

I've been pretty silent this morning because I think we all know my opinion but let's allow everyone's voice to be heard. Some are enthused, some are highly disappointed. All voices should be heard. :peace

Re: Sideshow Batman PF?

Apparently by keeping your finger in place as shown in this pic is the only way to fix the issue. Once the finger is removed it goes back to its original state :(

7u5emata.jpg

So people are not allowed to criticize when a collectible fails to meet expectations and you get to throw a strawman argument back at them? That is unfair. Once i have this in hand it will have cost me well over $500 as i do not live in the USA. The seams being in the wrong place is quite visible.

When did I say people couldn't criticize? What strawman are you talking about?

The only strawman I see is that those who aren't disappointed are blind fanboys who think the statue is perfect by someone's standards that aren't their own.

You whine like a *****. :dunno

You play it off like a ***** when you're called on it.

Stop being a *****, and you won't have to get offended when people treat you like one.

Is that a quote from Being and Nothingness?

Who are you, Mr. Sideshow Collectibles? They have the right to be concerned, especially with SSC's Q/C. If this was a 20 dollar poorly painted NECA figure, that is one thing, but 450 total it should be as close to the PROTO as possible and not have a sagging uniform. All the SSC apologists really get old on here--as much as you say the rest of us with complaints get old. I supposed SSC's can send you one with no legs and you'd say it was the best piece. :cuckoo:

'Also, if you do not have this piece incoming or in hand, I ask that you don't post negative views or "thank god I cancelled" posts in the thread. It just kind of sucks the excitement of this out for me and it isn't constructive'.

:mwaha Quote of the year!

Re: Sideshow Batman PF?

I dunno if I'm just easily pleased but I think he looks beastin'. Have to decide between this and Keaton though....

Who are you, Mr. Sideshow Collectibles? They have the right to be concerned, especially with SSC's Q/C. If this was a 20 dollar poorly painted NECA figure, that is one thing, but 450 total it should be as close to the PROTO as possible and not have a sagging uniform. All the SSC apologists really get old on here--as much as you say the rest of us with complaints get old. I supposed SSC's can send you one with no legs and you'd say it was the best piece. :cuckoo:

Don't be stupid.

She already said all the armpits look like the photos that have been posted by members. It's about fifty pages back somewhere if someone can find it.

Screw that. For 450 dollars that is ridiculous and those defending SSC's are just as ridiculous. It must be nice to drop 450 and settle for a statue and then make fun of those that pay a high price and expect a statue that meets the expectations SSC established with its prototype.

Back