Premium Format SSC Batman PF

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Official Sideshow Batman PF

the more delays the more I just think the NRD is obsolete, especially more ES now a days. its more now like ball and chains on us. no doubts their way of making easy money.

the more delays the more I just think the NRD is obsolete, especially more ES now a days. its more now like ball and chains on us. no doubts their way of making easy money.

Well it was obvious from the beginning that the NRD was just a quick easy way to make money off cancellations.

I get the NRD. I'm sure SS has had many people cancel items over the years that got caught up in the hype of any figure and later regretted ordering.
That or circumstances changed.
It takes time for them to alter orders, time is money.
But taking $80k in non-refundable dollars, with multiple delays and no info is what annoys me most.
Not the greatest business model...
beetlejuice.jpg

No prob with it either. Would prefer they not even put a set release date when item goes up for PO.

Not giving you a time frame for a release date is almost like taking your car in for service and not know when you'll get it back.
Yes, you'll eventually get it but it would be helpful to have an idea of when.

And the NRD doesn't stop the flippers for ordering, so it is what it is.

I think I'm just getting over it already...
Would I like Bats? Yes.
Do I need Bats? No.
And while yes, this is just a luxury item and not a necessity, keeping your paid clients informed (even just a little bit) on production for what they have already put money down on is what most companies do to stay afloat.

It's because Sideshow knows that he's the PF we deserve, but not the one we need right now.

So, we'll post angry comments about him, because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian. A watchful protector. A Dark Knight.

Not giving you a time frame for a release date is almost like taking your car in for service and not know when you'll get it back.
Yes, you'll eventually get it but it would be helpful to have an idea of when.

And the NRD doesn't stop the flippers for ordering, so it is what it is.

I think I'm just getting over it already...
Would I like Bats? Yes.
Do I need Bats? No.
And while yes, this is just a luxury item and not a necessity, keeping your paid clients informed (even just a little bit) on production for what they have already put money down on is what most companies do to stay afloat.

NRD was never about flippers. Its about hundreds of people ordering in the heat of the moment and then cancelling because the attraction wore off. Look how many times our friend CBG cancelled an item because of the ES announcement. That hurts a business especially when your basing your edtion numbers partially on preorders.

I agree that the delays are ridiculous but the NRD has to be there imo, and has never bothered me.

NRD was never about flippers. Its about hundreds of people ordering in the heat of the moment and then cancelling because the attraction wore off. Look how many times our friend CBG cancelled an item because of the ES announcement. That hurts a business especially when your basing your edtion numbers partially on preorders.

I agree that the delays are ridiculous but the NRD has to be there imo, and has never bothered me.

NRD in not what bothers me, it's the lack of communication on Sideshows part. But I do agree that once an item has been pushed back, at some point they should have an option to refund the deposit to people that want to. Circumstances do change over time...

NRD in not what bothers me, it's the lack of communication on Sideshows part. But I do agree that once an item has been pushed back, at some point they should have an option to refund the deposit to people that want to. Circumstances do change over time...

I get what you're saying. Something like an opt-out if an item is delayed more than six months. especially at this point when the original due date was back in march I believe.

What is the longest delay time SS ever did for a statue? Just curious

I have always thought if I paced myself, I wouldn't burn myself out and quit this hobby early. I have always looked the other way towards increased ES, increased prices, and poor QC. But this delay is just ridiculous and with no updates is just plain absurd. With my newfound hobby, having one foot is out the door was easy.

Sadly delays like these make it easy to forget about the hobby all together. I would not think that is something SS wants In My Opinion.

one can probably call customer service to cancel and ask for an NRD refund due to delays. it really doesn't matter to me much but clearly, SS is growing beyond their control.

Back