SSC Baroness PF Statue Photo Review - mrclean08

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It just looks like SS did a shabby job of form fitting her costume in the Derriere'.We will have to view others as they arrive to see if this is an Epidemic.If it is we will have to contact the CDC I mean SSC.

The Figure itself looks damn good.

I was thinking the same thing. A hypodermic needle to inject the glue, enough so that the fabric is permeated about 1/4 thickness with glue. Too much glue and it bleeds through and looks bad. Too little and it won't stick. If too little is used and it has to be redone it would be horrible. It needs to be done right the first time. I have mine, and I can say that the fabric is a bit thick and tends to pull away from the body enough that the fabric would have to be held firmly to the body until it cures completely. I only hope the solvents in whatever glue is used doesn't compromise the bond between the paint and the polystone, if it's painted there.
Since the whole thing will be glued down, I think the hole from the needle should be able to be made inconspicuous.

Whatever glue you use, it needs enough time to be spread on her butt while it's still wet. I would want to avoid glue on the suit, because of the risk of bleed through. As such, I would not want to smear the glue on and even it out by pressing on the suit. I would only want the suit to make contact after the glue is spread, and then hold it against the body somewhat firmly.

I read this in the voice of Jame Gumb and amused the crap out of myself.

:goodpost:

Any pics of the display box? Just wondering if it's in the same graphic style as the Cobra Commander PF.

Sideshows policy of covering up sculpts in fabric has ruined what could have been a spectacular sculpted spandex ass, instead we get a Baroness that looks like she has a vestigial tail bone, so disappointing.

Heres what could have been...
baroness-callahan02.jpg

and heres what we get...
Baroness19a.jpg

:(

I'm extremely happy I went with the EX version on this piece. I dunno if its just me, but the MAC-10 gun looks really good with her pose. Maybe because we're used to always seeing her with the AR assault rifle and the MAC-10 is fresh on the eyes.

Sideshows policy of covering up sculpts in fabric has ruined what could have been a spectacular sculpted spandex ass, instead we get a Baroness that looks like she has a vestigial tail bone, so disappointing.

Heres what could have been...
baroness-callahan02.jpg

and heres what we get...
Baroness19a.jpg

:(

Good GOD DAT PROTOTYPE ASS!:thud:

I'm extremely happy I went with the EX version on this piece. I dunno if its just me, but the MAC-10 gun looks really good with her pose. Maybe because we're used to always seeing her with the AR assault rifle and the MAC-10 is fresh on the eyes.

A completely overlooked part of this piece. Sure there could have been different alternatives for an ex but the MAC-10 looks more natural for a girl :lecture

:peace

A completely overlooked part of this piece. Sure there could have been different alternatives for an ex but the MAC-10 looks more natural for a girl :lecture

I'm not so sure about that. The small size, the cartridge, and the rate of fire makes it extremely difficult to control. She would be better off with a rifle, like the one the figure came with.

I'm not so sure about that. The small size, the cartridge, and the rate of fire makes it extremely difficult to control. She would be better off with a rifle, like the one the figure came with.

That is all.....

the PF hater schtick is old & stale :lol

I love PFs, you telling me that you think the covered looks as good as the proto? :cuckoo:

Lucky for most, its not like its oging to be showing from the shelf so for alot its a moot point, but I like the look Spazzy got by removing the spandex.

Back