That ShopDisney Book of Boba Fett $35 statue.....

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
..... Remember this guy from a few short days ago? $35 on ShopDisney. So I ordered it, as one does.

The next day i got an email from Disney stating "er, welly well well.... Soooo.... Uhm, well, what you will be receiving is going to differ in a few respects from what you ordered. If thats not okay, please reply to this email for a refund."

Of course no, because i really dont care if the shoulder pauldrons are two shades darker than the proto pic or whatever.

He rolled up to the house Saturday(!!!!) And nice service..... And really, nice little statue but it bears absolutely no resemblance to the item pictured here. Its a standing pose ESB or RotJ Boba. Im in the middle of a three 12 hr rotation so i will try to post a pic tomorrow. I was sitting at the kitchen table totally going, WTF

Perhaps im going crazy, so im super curious as to what others who ordered this actually received. If you havent yet, be ready to be..... Surprised. Yes. Surprised. i sure was.
258110990_3165525153571497_1326230796351956018_n.jpg

that picture you posted is not out yet. maybe in the future, but that's definitely not the $35 figure. 1/7scale could be minimum $50-$60.

They’re sending the Diamond 7” figure in new packaging, so not anything remotely close to what was advertised and sold. Disney was real quick to respond back when I said I wanted a refund but said because it had already ‘shipped’ they wouldn’t be able to cancel the the order. When I pointed out the order hadn’t been picked up yet and simply voiding the label would prevent a whole 3+ week refund dance they went radio silent. Truly magical experience.

This is the item in question, sorry folks I have been at work the last few days. I did make sure the order numbers were the same, I was so confused by what I actually received. Quick and dirty pic.

Its not a BAD item, I just am amazed they thought they could get away with this. I wasnt expecting the item to ship immediately, I doubt anyone was.... so why not wait till they got the item pictured in stock?

Attachments

• 20211121_091734shop.jpg
    20211121_091734shop.jpg
    238.7 KB · Views: 61
that picture you posted is not out yet. maybe in the future, but that's definitely not the $35 figure. 1/7scale could be minimum $50-$60.

This is probably true, but even more confusing. Did they let a newbie handle this release, or someone brought their kid to Bring Your Kid To Work Day and let them go berserk on the mainframe. What the hell....? Perhaps a cat walked on their keyboard as they worked from home?

Back