SSC 1/6 501st Legion Clone Trooper

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Back of leg armor detail...

Went to dirty up my 501st a bit today and noticed how the back of the thigh and shin armor has the ultra cool looking 'carbon detailing' found on the Phase II trooper that made that piece look super cool....

Wonder if there was a mix up at the factory? why detail the back of the armor in a couple of spots and not the front?

Trooper 1138 come in. Trooper 1138 where are you? Troopers Ham and Biscuit go find out what happened to 1138 and report back. Yes Sir!...Ham and Biscuit reply, as they salute and run off in search of 1138.

Meanwhile the truth is discovered:
Clonedown5-1.jpg

Clonedown25.jpg

Clonedown2.jpg

Clonedown.jpg

Clonedown6.jpg

Clonedown4.jpg

Clonedown5.jpg

I know no special CGI effects and the blaster turned into a broken rifle but what can I say but hope you enjoyed it :lol .

FINALLY grabbed this figure and LOVE IT! Tight joints and a pretty sweet paint job.

501%2001.jpg

While I understand some folks wanting the weathering on the figure to match the prototype on the box I think it looks pretty much like what was on screen in ROTS. I did however, have more problems with the feet! I really don't like the fact that they look like they belong on a different, dirtier trooper:

501%2005.jpg
boots.jpg

So I took some Acetone and, in minutes, wiped the dark wash away, while leaving the dark washes in the detailing of the shoes, making it look somewhat cleaner, like this:

501%2002.jpg

I think these shoes match the rest of the figure much better, even though they are still a little bit dirtier than the rest of him. I chalk that up to dirty floors and battle arenas? ;)

501%2003.jpg

AWESOME JOB SIDESHOW! :clap

Last edited:
For those who haven't ordered this awesome figure please know that I will be giving away an Exclusive version in chat this Thursday at 4pm PST!

And another clone figure haul, weathering is good on this one too IMO, way way way better then the Medicom clones.

2cx8fx5.jpg

22c2lj.jpg

Did you get the 501st along with Cody? I had a Phase 1 Sergeant arrive along with my Cody...

I'm debating about picking up another 501st to flank Anakin/Darth Vader (it's my favourite look of the clones).

Picked up 501st today, Cody last week and Phase I Sgt the week prior...hooked. :D

I've got Bly ordered and i shall be picking up Boil and Waxer too.

Nah, Bly and the Boil/Waxer set then hopefully Gree and Neyo, Bacara, those will do me just fine.

Nah, Bly and the Boil/Waxer set then hopefully Gree and Neyo, Bacara, those will do me just fine.

Rex is a must.

Here's where I've got my current 501st-- but like I said, I'd love to pick up a second to flank Anakin/Darth Vader.

Back