SS Hobbit Licence!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WrathofSauron

Super Freak
Reaction score
No it hasn't happened YET!! But if it does and its very likely that it will, I am sure then I will have to go into prostitution or something that pays really well:rotfl and save up to buy myself a skyscraper where I can put my new statues!!! Because I'll be damned if I know where to get the money and space for all that!! :rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

Maybe they knew about the deal being struck ahead of time and that will be our gift on Christmas day? It would be a bit too far out for a license announcement though... but at the rate they churn out the 1/6 stuff it'd probably be about right :lol

I wouldn't be too sure about that. Weta may be given first crack at the license, just as they were for the LOTR collectibles. Sideshow got into the picture when it became obvious that Weta wasn't set up to handle manufacturing, QC, and distribution. But that was seven years ago. Today Weta has a collectibles division that could probably handle the load.

Today Weta has a collectibles division that could probably handle the load.

I don't know. I think they've done a real good job on their own honestly. Their ES, distribution partner choices, etc have shown they need someone who knows what they're doing.

Yeah, I don't really know either. Only time will tell, I guess. I just can't help but wonder if there isn't some bad blood between Sideshow and Weta that could prevent them from working together again. Everyone seemed too tight-lipped after the "break-up" for it to have been very amicable.

Tooks just glad to get in on the ground level of this one.

I missed the boat the first time.......the excitement.......the anticipation! And getting in before collectible prices soar to dizzying heights.....of which Tooks coin cannot follow!!!! :D

Maybe but I wouldn't want to go speculating by any stretch. I just want some darn fine collectibles based off the movies.

Agree - Bring on some good stuff!

I would think also, as someone said earlier, that Weta would have the edge (in)when it came to staue making. It IS Peters shop isnt it? And obviously, there's huge money to be made.....

Hang on to your SSW trolls and SSW Gimli! They'll pair perfectly with the new, bound to be released Living Trolls, and Gloin!!!
Speculatin's part of the fun and excitement and anticipation! :D

I think any licensing will go to the highest bidder. I don't think any favoritism will be given to Weta or Sideshow. Also, I would say it's highly likely that more than one company will be given a license to produce collectibles, similar to LotR.

PJ owns Weta, so I think there will be favoritism. And Weta thinks they can distribute on their own, so I'm thinking we'll see a split license. Big statues to Weta (they like to do things big). Busts to GG, everything else to SSC.

PJ owns Weta, so I think there will be favoritism. And Weta thinks they can distribute on their own, so I'm thinking we'll see a split license. Big statues to Weta (they like to do things big). Busts to GG, everything else to SSC.

Fine with me. Just gonna make me even more broke.

I tend to agree. Granted, I know much less about it than guys with thousands of posts, but that sounds right to me.

Question to the Darklord?

With the Weta Narnia stautes being much cheaper than LOTR, do you think that if Weta soley did the statues they too would be cheaper ( Able to make the same margin since no partnership)? Or do you think that will come into play at all?

I know this is all just speculatin', but so what!

I anxiously await your retort.

Took

Last edited:

Yep, that's kind of what I was figuring as well. I didn't even think to factor GG into the mix, but that makes perfect sense.

Time to start selling unneeded organs to pay for all this stuff... ;)

Back