Spud's Customs - 41st Elite Kashyyyk

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Spud's Customs - Star Wars Christmas tree

Nice to see Yoda is there to make sure you don't have a "How the Empire Stole Christmas".

empire_christmas.jpg

Your customs are amazing. Can you tell me what paint specifically you used to repaint the wolf pack? The white and the grey?

Your customs are amazing. Can you tell me what paint specifically you used to repaint the wolf pack? The white and the grey?

Thanks friend. :D

I use Model Masters acrylics. For the grey coloring its a mixture of Gunship Grey and Neutral Grey. As for the "white" I assume you mean like the color that I had to paint over my original Sinker helmet to cover the grey. That was a mixture of Flat White, Neutral Grey, and Dark Tan in different ratios and mixtures with multiple layers and then weathering over the top to match it to the factory look as closely as possible. I never like painting the white areas on clones to try and match Sideshow because its the hardest part to get right so I try to avoid it whenever I can. I've only ever had to do it on that helmet and their jet packs and a little bit on my 501st marksman. Although after seeing Sideshow's wolf pack jet pack I need to go back and revisit mine to make them match.

Thank you. The reason I ask figured I would grab an extra wolf clone to convert

Did a little updating last night on a few Imps. Ozzel put on a little weight in the form of a fat suit from TA and Tarkin has a white undershirt also from TA.

Also got a group shot of my Leia collection.

Nice update man. Good stuff. Those custom Leias are awesome.

Impressive lineup of Imperials. I need to work on my Tarkin, he is missing from my shelves.

Thanks, Chris. I should have taken some shots of all my Imperials before I put them away for the holidays. I recently got another Praji from eBay just because he went cheap and no one else bid. Now I need to focus on getting another Snowtrooper to make my commander thanks to the helmet cast I got from Tworiverz.

I'm interested to see how Hot Toys' Leia will stack up to Snyderman's sculpting greatness.

Thanks, Chris. I should have taken some shots of all my Imperials before I put them away for the holidays. I recently got another Praji from eBay just because he went cheap and no one else bid. Now I need to focus on getting another Snowtrooper to make my commander thanks to the helmet cast I got from Tworiverz.

I'm interested to see how Hot Toys' Leia will stack up to Snyderman's sculpting greatness.

Thats funny, I was looking at that Praji and Piett and thought about bidding. I then thought, I didnt need any more officers. The price was very tempting. Glad you scored them.

Looking forward to seeing your Snowtrooper Commander. Good luck finding another Snowtrooper.

Agreed. His Han Solo is a better likeness of Ford than the Hot Toys or Iminime Solo.

Thats funny, I was looking at that Praji and Piett and thought about bidding. I then thought, I didnt need any more officers. The price was very tempting. Glad you scored them.

Looking forward to seeing your Snowtrooper Commander. Good luck finding another Snowtrooper.
Yeah that same seller (if its the one that went for $89.99) had a Ex. Palpatine too that I was really tempted to get for like $190 but then I though if I got it I'd just want it to look like all awesome custom Palpatine's I see on the boards so here's to hoping that Hot Toys makes him down the road.

The Snowtrooper is going to cost me for sure. I think the cheapest one I've seen is around the $270 range. Yikes.

Man that ceremony Leia is my favorite of the 4. The Kumik is a perfect fit for her.

Man that ceremony Leia is my favorite of the 4. The Kumik is a perfect fit for her.

That's actually a Hot Toys Alice body, not Kumik. If it was a Kumik I probably would have changed it by now. I don't like them at all.

The best collection of 1/6 leia's I've seen anywhere, can't imagine HT doing any better. :clap

I was looking at those auctions but forgot about it till the next day. The Rebel fleet trooper was not a good price. Praji was a very good deal and so was Piett but not as good as Praji. I have 2 Praji's so I would have only bid on Piett anyways. Glad to see a fellow freak score him if I couldn't though. :hi5:

That's actually a Hot Toys Alice body, not Kumik. If it was a Kumik I probably would have changed it by now. I don't like them at all.

Not to question you, but are you sure? The HT Alice body does not have seamless arms and looks too short. Might be HT Ada Wong body?

Not to question you, but are you sure? The HT Alice body does not have seamless arms and looks too short. Might be HT Ada Wong body?

See that's what I thought too. I was just going off what the seller had said. Because I tried finding a seamless arms Alice for another Leia custom and couldn't so I'd say best guess is Ada Wong. But I am absolutely certain its not a Kumik. haha

Back